AOS Interview Success, Baltimore, MD

Wikiposts

AOS Interview Success, Baltimore, MD

Old Feb 13th 2004, 1:34 am
former Rochesterian

katina is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: AOS Interview Success, Baltimore, MD

Originally posted by eiloo
yup... pretty much... he did ask to see my AP because I told him I did leave the country, but he gave it back to me afterwards... and there were a few "test" questions like when did you enter the country, when were you married, SSN... nothing really hard.

now it's time to await the physical card... as soon as I got home... I was already wanting to get my hands on the card since it would be much easier to carry that around than my passport... he said 6-8 months for the green card... has calgreen got his yet?
He did get his -- Feb. 2. It was sent much faster than they said it would be.
Old Feb 13th 2004, 3:11 am
Forum Regular

eiloo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by katina
He did get his -- Feb. 2. It was sent much faster than they said it would be.
yeah... the DAO said 6-8 months when I was there...

did it have the date of your original Interview on the card or was it as of the approval date? Guess it actually may come in less than 2 months.
Old Feb 13th 2004, 4:05 am
former Rochesterian

katina is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by eiloo
yeah... the DAO said 6-8 months when I was there...

did it have the date of your original Interview on the card or was it as of the approval date? Guess it actually may come in less than 2 months.
The NOA told us 9-12 months to get the card (I think) and it was actually less than a month from approval on Jan. 8 to card received on Feb. 2! It was cool because we never had to go back to Baltimore again to get the I-551 stamp (we couldn't get it at the interview in Dec.) Just need to go to the SSA now for a new SS card!

I'm pretty sure his card has the date of his approval on it, not the date of our interview.
Old Feb 13th 2004, 10:48 am
Just Joined

dano1 is an unknown quantity at this point

First let me say congratulations. Second let me say im jealous as hell. I wonder why my background check hadnt gone through yet? Did they say anything to you about background checks being delayed? Oh well, typical of my luck really. Congratulations once again though and now you will be leading the way for me.
Old Feb 13th 2004, 1:08 pm
Forum Regular

eiloo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by dano1
First let me say congratulations. Second let me say im jealous as hell. I wonder why my background check hadnt gone through yet? Did they say anything to you about background checks being delayed? Oh well, typical of my luck really. Congratulations once again though and now you will be leading the way for me.
Hey Dano,

Thanks my friend... Honestly, I didn't ask a lot of questions... just answered his... About your question in PM about what date would be used for the approval date... pending security checks... according to Katina and Clem, it would be the date that they get the FP back from the FBI. I didn't ask the DAO about it since I wasn't put in that situation nor did he say anything about the security checks since it wasn't relevant to my case...

Good Luck with yours... hopefully the card comes soon!