Reload this Page >

AOS Interview Success, Baltimore, MD

Wikiposts

AOS Interview Success, Baltimore, MD

Old Feb 11th 2004, 3:15 pm
Forum Regular

eiloo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default AOS Interview Success, Baltimore, MD

Here's my run down of my AOS Interview on Feb 11 at Fallon Federal Building in Baltimore
waited for about 45 minutes in the cold and wind... and then waited another hour to be called after handing in the Interview letter...

Interview:
swore us in, to tell the truth
took my right index fingerprint and asked me to sign a form just below the print on both sides
asked:
- for ID (driver's licences, passports and proof of my wife's US Citizenship... Passport sufficed)
- for my EAD and AP, but only kept the EAD since he was going to give me the I-551 stamp
- the questions on the I-485, are you: a terrorist, felony, ever had handcuffs on etc...
- if I had any children
- my wife for our address to confirm it in the system, I had previously sent in an AR-11 to KY, VT and MD offices
- wanted a new employment letter from my wife's employer and a copy of her recent paystub

He then explained the conditional permanent residency, printed up a form for us to sign which shows that he told us the 2 years minus 90 days to file form I-751 to remove conditions and then a year after that I can apply for Naturalization.

A new owner of an I-551 stamp.

Ian
Old Feb 11th 2004, 11:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

leebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really nice
Default Re: AOS Interview Success, Baltimore, MD

Originally posted by eiloo
Here's my run down of my AOS Interview on Feb 11 at Fallon Federal Building in Baltimore
waited for about 45 minutes in the cold and wind... and then waited another hour to be called after handing in the Interview letter...

Interview:
took my right index fingerprint and asked me to sign a form just below the print on both sides
asked:
- for ID (driver's licences, passports and proof of my wife's US Citizenship... Passport sufficed)
- for my EAD and AP, but only kept the EAD since he was going to give me the I-551 stamp
- the questions on the I-485, are you: a terrorist, felony, ever had handcuffs on etc...
- if I had any children
- my wife for our address to confirm it in the system, I had previously sent in an AR-11 to KY, VT and MD offices
- wanted a new employment letter from my wife's employer and a copy of her recent paystub

He then explained the conditional permanent residency, printed up a form for us to sign which shows that he told us the 2 years minus 90 days to file form I-751 to remove conditions and then a year after that I can apply for Naturalization.

Ian
Congrats to you

What is your timescale?

I filed October 30th to Vermont last year so am expecting a long wait yet =)

I was in that queue yesterday too.. damn that wind was cold!!!
Old Feb 12th 2004, 12:48 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by leebarton
Congrats to you

What is your timescale?

I filed October 30th to Vermont last year so am expecting a long wait yet =)

I was in that queue yesterday too.. damn that wind was cold!!!
Thanks Lee... Sorry to hear that things are going as smoothly for you though...

It was freezing yesterday... we may have even "crossed paths" in that long queue somewhere in Fallon... here's my full timeline of AOS apps to Permanent Residence...

10-Sep-03 VSC transferred all 3 apps to the Baltimore office, received I-797s for all three apps
26-Sep-03 Received letter to get fingerprints taken @ an ASC within 120 days for Form I-485
3-Oct-03 FP completed at Baltimore ASC
10-Oct-03 USCIS confirms receipt of the review of FP and processing has resumed on the I-485 case
20-Oct-03 AOS Interview Letter, received on October 30, scheduled for February 11, 2004, approximately 23-24 weeks after NOA
19-Nov-03 EAD Letter, received on November 21, scheduled for November 25 @ 8:30AM
1-Dec-03 Went to USCIS in Baltimore to get EAD and AP
11-Feb-04 Successful AOS Interview

It seems that for those of us who filed in August 2003 or afterwards, VSC and/or Baltimore have slowed processing down in a hurry. Dano1 is a couple weeks ahead of me and he's had the same issues of getting an Interview for AOS before he got his EAD like I did.

Folks like Katina, Robclews, Sal_Whit, Rzack are all done and it was a much shorter wait between NOAs and actual EADs...

Good Luck!
Ian

Last edited by eiloo; Feb 12th 2004 at 12:52 am.
Old Feb 12th 2004, 1:54 am
former Rochesterian

katina is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations! Wow, is that all the questions they asked?
Old Feb 12th 2004, 2:53 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by katina
Congratulations! Wow, is that all the questions they asked?

yup... pretty much... he did ask to see my AP because I told him I did leave the country, but he gave it back to me afterwards... and there were a few "test" questions like when did you enter the country, when were you married, SSN... nothing really hard.

now it's time to await the physical card... as soon as I got home... I was already wanting to get my hands on the card since it would be much easier to carry that around than my passport... he said 6-8 months for the green card... has calgreen got his yet?
Old Feb 12th 2004, 11:21 am
Andy Westmoreland

"eiloo" <member2680@british_expats.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Interview:
    > swore us in, to tell the truth

Did he make you swear on some religious text or something?

Just curious because the great thing about being an atheist is that you can
swear to *insert deity of choice/inclination/heredity* to tell the truth and
be confident that you're not going to *insert chosen bad place* even if you
lie through your teeth ;-)

Andy

Old Feb 12th 2004, 2:23 pm
Forum Regular

jgbreton is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations on your approval!!
Old Feb 12th 2004, 2:35 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by jgbreton
Congratulations on your approval!!

Thanks... and by the looks of your timeline... and being in NYC... it seems like you'll have a long wait before you get the same Congrats... Good Luck!!

Ian
Old Feb 12th 2004, 2:49 pm
Forum Regular

jgbreton is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks... and by the looks of your timeline... and being in NYC... it seems like you'll have a long wait before you get the same Congrats... Good Luck!!

Ian
Thanks. We're hoping that the wait won't be toooo long, but nobody's holding their breath

-Jose
Old Feb 12th 2004, 3:58 pm
Forum Regular

amol_k3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by jgbreton
Thanks. We're hoping that the wait won't be toooo long, but nobody's holding their breath

-Jose
Congratulations! Glad to hear the interview went well!

Amol
Old Feb 12th 2004, 5:20 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Interview:
asked:
- if I had any children

Ian
CONGRATULATIONS!!
:PARTY: :PARTY:
Old Feb 12th 2004, 9:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

supernav will become famous soon enoughsupernav will become famous soon enough

Picture-Perfect Immigration.

Welcome to the US!

-= nav =-
Old Feb 12th 2004, 11:46 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by amol_k3
Congratulations! Glad to hear the interview went well!

Amol

I guess it's pretty much as straight-forward as it can be... We were prepared for the worse... but ended up not even near that.
Good Luck with your K3 petition!

Ian
Old Feb 12th 2004, 11:47 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Hypertweeky
CONGRATULATIONS!!
:PARTY: :PARTY:
Thanks Hypertweeky...

How is your "second" day in the US going? Best of luck to you!!
Old Feb 12th 2004, 11:49 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by supernav
Picture-Perfect Immigration.

Welcome to the US!

-= nav =-
Thanks Nav...

All in all... the dealings with CIS haven't been "bad"... it's just the wait times that really get to you... but so far... whenever I needed to go into Baltimore for paperwork... it was just more waiting than anything... Everyone seemed helpful... except for the security guards in the lobby...

Ian

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.