Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

AOS Interview - Obtaining Tax returns - HElp again please!!!!!

AOS Interview - Obtaining Tax returns - HElp again please!!!!!

Old Jun 19th 2005, 6:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to behold
Default AOS Interview - Obtaining Tax returns - HElp again please!!!!!

Today we have been "trying" to find my husband's last three year's tax returns for our AOS interview on 29th August ....

MY husband telefiled and so he doesn't have ANY tax returns ... I've just checked the IRS site and to be able to get 3 year's tax returns it is going to take up to 60 days at a cost of $39 per return and we more than likely therefore wouldn't get the returns in time for the interview ...

HOwever on checking it seems that we can get what they call "tax transripts" which would apparently be with us within two weeks. SOOOO ....

Would tax transcripts do??? The site doesn't tell me what a "tax transript" is ... does anyone know??????
Old Jun 19th 2005, 7:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: AOS Interview - Obtaining Tax returns - HElp again please!!!!!

Originally Posted by Lara45
Today we have been "trying" to find my husband's last three year's tax returns for our AOS interview on 29th August ....

MY husband telefiled and so he doesn't have ANY tax returns ... I've just checked the IRS site and to be able to get 3 year's tax returns it is going to take up to 60 days at a cost of $39 per return and we more than likely therefore wouldn't get the returns in time for the interview ...

HOwever on checking it seems that we can get what they call "tax transripts" which would apparently be with us within two weeks. SOOOO ....

Would tax transcripts do??? The site doesn't tell me what a "tax transript" is ... does anyone know??????

OKKKKKKKKKKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYY!! I just knew he had to have the tax return for this year!! I've been plagueing him ALL day about these tax returns!! and just after typing out this posting I thought "... there's something wrong here!! How come he cant find ANY for the last three years???? ... just didnt make any sense bearing in mind that we had to have them to show the London EMbassy!! ...

OK ... he's now found this year's .... (I'll rephrase that - I FOUND IT) lol OK back to the drawing board.....
Old Jun 19th 2005, 8:05 pm
Scott

On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 19:11:35 +0000, Lara45 wrote:

>
    >> Today we have been "trying" to find my husband's last three year's tax
    >> returns for our AOS interview on 29th August ....
    >> MY husband telefiled and so he doesn't have ANY tax returns ... I've
    >> just checked the IRS site and to be able to get 3 year's tax returns
    >> it is going to take up to 60 days at a cost of $39 per return and we
    >> more than likely therefore wouldn't get the returns in time for the
    >> interview ...
    >> HOwever on checking it seems that we can get what they call "tax
    >> transripts" which would apparently be with us within two weeks.
    >> SOOOO ....
    >> Would tax transcripts do??? The site doesn't tell me what a "tax
    >> transript" is ... does anyone know??????
    >
    > OKKKKKKKKKKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYY!! I just knew he had to have the
    > tax return for this year!! I've been plagueing him ALL day about these
    > tax returns!! and just after typing out this posting I thought "...
    > there's something wrong here!! How come he cant find ANY for the last
    > three years???? ... just didnt make any sense bearing in mind that we
    > had to have them to show the London EMbassy!! ...
    >
    > OK ... he's now found this year's .... (I'll rephrase that - I FOUND IT)
    > lol OK back to the drawing board.....

As far as I know, a transcript will do nicely.

It basically shows exactly what the fine folks in CIS care about: that
you (he) filed, and what your (his) income level was.

I used the transcripts as part of the affidavit of support when
petitioning for my wife's K1 visa.

---
Be seeing you.

scott

Old Jun 19th 2005, 11:21 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Lara,

Call the IRS 800 number and request the tax transcripts for the years you can't find. That should be acceptable to USCIS.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Jun 20th 2005, 5:59 am
Forum Regular

sea_dave is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Lara45

even though they ask for three years, they only looked at my current income.
Old Jun 20th 2005, 7:03 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

They will fax you the transripts, they did for our missing year.