Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

AOS interview and name check

AOS interview and name check

Old Jun 15th 2006, 3:02 pm
Just Joined

greencard2004 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question AOS interview and name check

I had my AOS interview last week. The officer who interviewed me said that my AOS has approved and should get the GC in a month. Is this mean I’ve passed the security check (name check) as well? She didn’t say anything about my security check. She just told me that I am going to get the GC in a month and my case got approved.
I didn’t even thinking about asking her about the security check because I was so excited. I’ve filed my AOS more than two years ago and had my second finger print done couple of months before the AOS interview.

, but It seems like some people had to wait a couple of months or even years to get the actual GC after the successfully AOS interview because of the security check…

Is the officer supposed to tell you if your security check is still pending during the interview even though they give you the AOS approval? Or am I too worry without any reasons??
Old Jun 15th 2006, 4:35 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AOS interview and name check

Originally Posted by greencard2004
Is the officer supposed to tell you if your security check is still pending during the interview even though they give you the AOS approval? Or am I too worry without any reasons??
I don't think they are required to tell you anything, but it seems that if your security check was still pending, they would have mentioned it. You should have tried asking for the stamp in your passport, that would have have made her mention it. From what she said, it seems you are approved. You'll find out for sure if you get the Welcome to America letter, and then the GC in the mail.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Jun 15th 2006, 4:49 pm
Just Joined

greencard2004 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Noorah101
I don't think they are required to tell you anything, but it seems that if your security check was still pending, they would have mentioned it. You should have tried asking for the stamp in your passport, that would have have made her mention it. From what she said, it seems you are approved. You'll find out for sure if you get the Welcome to America letter, and then the GC in the mail.

Best Wishes,
Rene
thanks! rene. I am just going to sit back and wait ...

Am I suppose to get the letter first? I thought the letter and GC come together..
Old Jun 15th 2006, 4:50 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by greencard2004
thanks! rene. I am just going to sit back and wait ...

Am I suppose to get the letter first? I thought the letter and GC come together..
We got the Welcome letter a few days before the actual GC.

Rene