Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

AOS interview and I-151 stamp

AOS interview and I-151 stamp

Old Jun 13th 2006, 7:09 pm
Just Joined

greencard2004 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question AOS interview and I-151 stamp

I had a AOs interview last week and have approved on the spot. However, I did not get the I-151 stamp on my passport.

The officer just told me that I am approved after she took my I-94 and shoud get the GC in 3 ~ 4 weeks. I guess I am approved right? I know I am being too worry... :-)

I am just wondering it is normal that you don't get a written documentaion or stamp that shows you are approved after the interview except the officer's words?

Last edited by greencard2004; Jun 13th 2006 at 7:11 pm.
Old Jun 13th 2006, 7:34 pm
Forum Regular

grouchy has a spectacular aura aboutgrouchy has a spectacular aura aboutgrouchy has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: AOS interview and I-151 stamp

It's optional these days depending on office/officer. Some still offer it to you. But lots of people are not offered it, even when approved as CIS says the cards are coming alot faster these days. We just got our card today, 6 weeks after Garden City NY interview. They offered us the stamp if we wanted to wait around.
Old Jun 14th 2006, 12:27 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AOS interview and I-151 stamp

By the way, that's I-551 stamp. Not I-151. Congratulations on your approval.

Rene