Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

AOS interview in Cincy....anyone else?

Wikiposts

AOS interview in Cincy....anyone else?

Old Dec 14th 2007, 1:29 am
Queen of my house

tamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond repute
Default AOS interview in Cincy....anyone else?

Hubby and I are going for his AOS interview Monday morning in Cincy. Our attorney said not to worry because he thinks we have sufficient evidence and everything in order, etc. However, I am more nervous about it than Hubby. Anyone else interview in Cincy?
Old Dec 14th 2007, 4:48 am
Forum Regular

catrocks will become famous soon enoughcatrocks will become famous soon enough
Default Re: AOS interview in Cincy....anyone else?

I will be interviewing in Cincinnati, but haven't got my interview date yet.

When I went for my biometrics everyone seemed friendly enough. If your lawyer thinks you have sufficient evidence I wouldn't worry about it too much. Is your lawyer going to be present at the interview with you? Ours said he would meet with us a couple of weeks before to go through the kind of questions they will ask at the interview so that we will be more at ease and know what to expect.

Where in Ohio are you btw?
Old Dec 14th 2007, 5:45 am
Queen of my house

tamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by catrocks
I will be interviewing in Cincinnati, but haven't got my interview date yet.

When I went for my biometrics everyone seemed friendly enough. If your lawyer thinks you have sufficient evidence I wouldn't worry about it too much. Is your lawyer going to be present at the interview with you? Ours said he would meet with us a couple of weeks before to go through the kind of questions they will ask at the interview so that we will be more at ease and know what to expect.

Where in Ohio are you btw?

He is going with us. I lived my entire live in and around Cincy but have lived the last 5 years in a suburb of Dayton!
Old Dec 14th 2007, 5:48 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by tamms_1965
He is going with us. I lived my entire live in and around Cincy but have lived the last 5 years in a suburb of Dayton!
Ooh whereabouts? We're in Centerville - my husband also grew up around Cincy.

Don't worry about the interview, I'm sure it will be fine. Plus, once it's over you'll not have to deal with USCIS again for 2 years!
Old Dec 14th 2007, 8:35 am
Are we there yet?

Trixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond repute

Slightly off topic (but only slightly) what constitutes enough evidence or not enough evidence? We have our interview on 8th Jan, and the only thing we have is a joint bank account.

What should I be "collecting" - we submitted family/friends letters when we filed.

I'm just a bit concerned about the OP's lawyer saying enough evidence and another thread today that said their AOS was refused due to lack of evidence.
Old Dec 14th 2007, 8:55 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Trixie_b
Slightly off topic (but only slightly) what constitutes enough evidence or not enough evidence? We have our interview on 8th Jan, and the only thing we have is a joint bank account.

What should I be "collecting" - we submitted family/friends letters when we filed.

I'm just a bit concerned about the OP's lawyer saying enough evidence and another thread today that said their AOS was refused due to lack of evidence.
Anything you can show you have a joint life together, people usually use things like:

joint bank account
joint credit cards
joint utility bills
joint health or car insurance
joint mortgage, deed, or lease
paperwork showing the spouse as beneficiary on things like investments, will, life insurance
photos of the two of you together
mail addressed to both of you at one address
mail addressed to you separately but at the same address
joint club memberships

Etc......just to name a few

Rene
Old Dec 14th 2007, 9:04 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Hubby and I are going for his AOS interview Monday morning in Cincy. Our attorney said not to worry because he thinks we have sufficient evidence and everything in order, etc. However, I am more nervous about it than Hubby. Anyone else interview in Cincy?
Hi:

It is NORMAL to be nervous. Unless you have a prior order of removal/deportation in your background or a serious criminal conviction, the worst that will happen is that you get a request for further evidence or be advised to await an answer.

Look, the ONLY times I have had someone arrested out of an interview was when they have had a final order of removal. [One time was on a client who couldn't be bothered to reveal that little fact. The other was a month ago on an "arriving alien" with a final order -- the BIA had specifically stated that CIS had jurisdiction under the regulations and not the BIA. CIS was aware of the BIA order inasmuch as we had supplied a copy. CIS denied the application in writing acknowledging the regulation that arriving aliens could not adjust before the Immigration Court therefore requiring her to file before the Immigration Court and not CIS. Litigation is now pending and client is free on an "order of supervision."].
Old Dec 15th 2007, 7:17 am
Queen of my house

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

It is NORMAL to be nervous. Unless you have a prior order of removal/deportation in your background or a serious criminal conviction, the worst that will happen is that you get a request for further evidence or be advised to await an answer.

Look, the ONLY times I have had someone arrested out of an interview was when they have had a final order of removal. [One time was on a client who couldn't be bothered to reveal that little fact. The other was a month ago on an "arriving alien" with a final order -- the BIA had specifically stated that CIS had jurisdiction under the regulations and not the BIA. CIS was aware of the BIA order inasmuch as we had supplied a copy. CIS denied the application in writing acknowledging the regulation that arriving aliens could not adjust before the Immigration Court therefore requiring her to file before the Immigration Court and not CIS. Litigation is now pending and client is free on an "order of supervision."].
Thanks for your words of reassurment. I'm sure there is nothing to worry about. Hubby worked for the police in England and now works for the police here, as a civilian for both. He went through 4 months of "tests" before he got the job here. This included pre- and post-employment polygraphs, psychological testing/interview, etc. They even contacted Interpol (sp?) in Europe to check him out.

We do not have a lot of joint accounts though. I was established with my own home, etc. before we married. We do have a joint bank account, health club membership, wills, survivorship deed, bills from home improvement contractors, etc. All of my coworkers know him and I know all of his. We bought a vehicle but had to do everything in my name. My bank said they will add him to the loan to build his credit as soon as he gets his green card.

Anyway, thanks again. I'll post my experience Monday night!
Old Dec 17th 2007, 9:17 am
Queen of my house

Thanks for your words of reassurment. I'm sure there is nothing to worry about. Hubby worked for the police in England and now works for the police here, as a civilian for both. He went through 4 months of "tests" before he got the job here. This included pre- and post-employment polygraphs, psychological testing/interview, etc. They even contacted Interpol (sp?) in Europe to check him out.

We do not have a lot of joint accounts though. I was established with my own home, etc. before we married. We do have a joint bank account, health club membership, wills, survivorship deed, bills from home improvement contractors, etc. All of my coworkers know him and I know all of his. We bought a vehicle but had to do everything in my name. My bank said they will add him to the loan to build his credit as soon as he gets his green card.

Anyway, thanks again. I'll post my experience Monday night!
Hubby and I had our AOS interview today in Cincy and it was a piece of cake. There were two ladies doing the interviewing, one of which our attorney had never seen before.

We got there 40 min early and waited while two couples went in and out (one couple smiling, one straight-faced). A third couple were called in. Right before that, the USC of the two had asked us if we thought she had time to go move her car out of "a bad parking spot."

Anyway, they both went in and after at least 10 min., the "alien" came out while his spouse stayed in the office. She was in there at least 15 min. before she came out and they asked for her husband to come back. We were called in by the other interviewer about 10 min. after that. She apologized for making us wait and asked us to bear with her as we were supposed to be interviewed by the other lady but she had "run into some problems" with another couple. She would now be handling our interview.

We were sworn in and she went through our file asking the routine questions. She asked if there was anything we wanted to add to the file. We did. She looked at our pictures we brought, looked up and said "You should get your card in about 2 weeks. Maybe 3 due to the holidays." She shook both of our hands and we were out of there in less than 10 min.!

When we left the "alien" was still in the other office while his wife stared us down in the waiting area. Everybody hugged and our attorney left and we went to celebrate and shop.
Old Dec 17th 2007, 12:31 pm
Forum Regular

Congrats! Sounds easy enough, it's good that you got interviewed by someone nice. Thanks for sharing, it makes me feel less nervous for our own interview, whenever that might be!

Congrats again, hope your husband receives his green card soon
Old Dec 18th 2007, 3:05 am
Queen of my house

Originally Posted by catrocks
Congrats! Sounds easy enough, it's good that you got interviewed by someone nice. Thanks for sharing, it makes me feel less nervous for our own interview, whenever that might be!

Congrats again, hope your husband receives his green card soon
Thanks, our case was even updated today on the USCIS site. I'm sure you'll be hearing something soon. We just happen to get in 2 weeks before the fee increase so we didn't experience any delays.

I'm so happy!