AOS interview

Old Jul 7th 2005, 11:11 am
BE Forum Addict

adjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond repute
Default AOS interview

Is that true that at the AOS interview they will separate me and my wife and ask whole bunch of questions?
Old Jul 7th 2005, 11:20 am
Former Blonde

FlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: AOS interview

Not necessarily. It has been known to happen though.
Old Jul 7th 2005, 11:39 am
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by milan79
Is that true that at the AOS interview they will separate me and my wife and ask whole bunch of questions?
My understanding is that it can depend on the policy of the office that interviews you. In my experience on this forum, there has only been one couple who was interview separately: Jamie and Scott who were interviewed in Kentucky. Apparently it is standard for that office to interview couples separately.

~SecretGarden
Old Jul 7th 2005, 11:52 am
strangely floppy..

CarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by milan79
I saw it happen at Columbus, OH.. although didnt happen to me and my wife.
Old Jul 7th 2005, 12:19 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SecretGarden
In my experience on this forum, there has only been one couple who was interview separately: Jamie and Scott who were interviewed in Kentucky. Apparently it is standard for that office to interview couples separately.
It must be a Kentucky thing. Sheila and I were interviewed separately.

Ian
Old Jul 7th 2005, 1:10 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
It must be a Kentucky thing. Sheila and I were interviewed separately.

Ian

I was just going to post that, Ian. It also happened to Alvena and her husband. It does appear that it is the norm in Kentucky.

For the OP, it happens infrequently and with the exception of Kentucky it would appear on the surface that the separate interviewing occurs if there is a question regarding the legitimacy of the marriage. I know that during our New York City AOS interview, Mrs. Marshall started our interview with a story about the couple where the Irish husband was going to marry one sister and they didn't along so well so he married the other sister. They were separated for their interview at some point and the truth came out.

But then again, like in Kentucky, it might happen even if there is no thought that you are pulling a fraudulent attempt to get a greencard. Perhaps it is a training session for a new examiner. As long as your marriage is legitimate there is no reason to start a fear marathon in your head. During our interview which was joint, I forgot my husband's birth year and something else that I can't remember.
Old Jul 7th 2005, 4:13 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Rete, just to get it correct he came over on a K1 to marry one Sister, changed horses in mid stream and married the other and carried on with the AOS?

Wow. You could not make that up.

I am crap on dates, even now I would have to check to see if the Missus is the 16th or 18th.

We were asked nothing of this sort, we completely disobeyed the rules, first 5 minutes was spent discussing small grandchildren. Nor were we asked for anything like the amount of paper that others have reported.

BUT if you are prepared and expect the worst then anything else can only be good news.
Old Jul 7th 2005, 4:20 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
Rete, just to get it correct he came over on a K1 to marry one Sister, changed horses in mid stream and married the other and carried on with the AOS?

Wow. You could not make that up.
Isn't that a hoot?

I am crap on dates, even now I would have to check to see if the Missus is the 16th or 18th.
And for some odd reason I continually until very recently think that Jim's birth year is '43 instead of '41. Actually my first husband was '43 but our marriage ended in '75 so wonder why that year sticks in my head.

We were asked nothing of this sort, we completely disobeyed the rules, first 5 minutes was spent discussing small grandchildren. Nor were we asked for anything like the amount of paper that others have reported.

BUT if you are prepared and expect the worst then anything else can only be good news.
That was us after the interview. We sat and talked about the internet, computers, chatrooms and kids.
Old Jul 7th 2005, 4:28 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

I have no idea why, but I keep thinking to myself that if they separate Sadegh and I, the one question they'll ask us is "what color is your spouse's toothbrush?" I must have seen that somewhere, it stuck in my mind.

But you know, no matter how many times I make a point to look at his toothbrush and remember the color, I just can never remember!!! I can't even remember the color of toothbrush I use!

Oh, and Sadegh is bad at dates also...he can never remember the year I was born (thank goodness!) LOL

Rene
Old Jul 7th 2005, 4:29 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rete
And for some odd reason I continually until very recently think that Jim's birth year is '43 instead of '41. Actually my first husband was '43 but our marriage ended in '75 so wonder why that year sticks in my head.
You can get away with that, if you were the male and had that problem, you would be best advised to make sure your will is up to date!
Old Jul 7th 2005, 5:03 pm
Mrs Shep USCIS Graduate

shepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
I have no idea why, but I keep thinking to myself that if they separate Sadegh and I, the one question they'll ask us is "what color is your spouse's toothbrush?" I must have seen that somewhere, it stuck in my mind.

But you know, no matter how many times I make a point to look at his toothbrush and remember the color, I just can never remember!!! I can't even remember the color of toothbrush I use!

Oh, and Sadegh is bad at dates also...he can never remember the year I was born (thank goodness!) LOL

Rene
Lol Rene
I for one can certainly relate to the toothbrush thing. I for one have this strange thing where I have always only ever used a purple toothbrush, dont know why but have done this all my life. Strangely enough when I ask hubby what colour my toothbrush is he looks at me really strange & then says I dont know is it blue?? no maybe its green!! Have to laugh at him because for five years now there has been nothing but a purple one sitting beside his!! Good thing it wont come down to this huh or wed be sunk.
On the subject of dates hes brilliant when it comes to my birthdate & our wedding anniversary but for some reason which I think is simply convenient for him, he always has trouble remembering his own . Go figure huh?
Old Jul 7th 2005, 5:07 pm
Forum Regular

gloria is an unknown quantity at this point

My husband and I were interviewed seperately at the Philadelphia office.
Old Jul 7th 2005, 5:09 pm
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Rene
Rene,
My twin girls have toothbrushes that are color-coded: one is red for the girl whose name starts with R, and one is green for the one whose name starts with G. This has worked for us from the very start---the caps to their bottles were color-coded red and green till they started solid food.

Of course, Sadegh would have to know his colors in English before this would work.....

~SecretGarden
Old Jul 7th 2005, 5:18 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SecretGarden
Rene,
My twin girls have toothbrushes that are color-coded: one is red for the girl whose name starts with R, and one is green for the one whose name starts with G. This has worked for us from the very start---the caps to their bottles were color-coded red and green till they started solid food.

Of course, Sadegh would have to know his colors in English before this would work.....

~SecretGarden
Awwww, what a good idea, the color coding! OT, I know, but Sadegh knows his colors in English very well...he knows more colors than I thought he would. Since he works with rugs, wool, dye, and subtle shades of color...and had English-speaking clients, he learned some interesting color names (burgandy, wine, turquoise...besides the usual red, green, blue). It's like he can name the colors in a box of Crayolas.

Rene
Old Jul 7th 2005, 9:22 pm
Harold Ballard

no, my husband and I stayed together

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.