AOS interview

Old Apr 14th 2004, 3:01 pm
Just Joined

jennym is an unknown quantity at this point
Default AOS interview

Hi,

Much good info from this site. My british husband and i have his aos interview in 2 weeks. we filed for AOS after getting married when he entered on visa waiver. if you are just going to write mean things about that fact, please refrain from replying at all.

while we did not intend to marry when he entered, i understand that we will need to "prove" that in the interview. we have the itinerary from his flight which showed that he came in with a return flight. what other evidence, that we can gather in 2 weeks, will help show that we did not intend to get married when he entered?

our situation is that we were traveling together in europe and then i came back to u.s. in april 2002. he planned a visit for a couple of months later. he came in july 2002 but then we decided that we just didn't want to be apart any more. so, we eloped in vegas and then gathered all the documents for AOS. of course, by the time we got that application together, he was out of status.

any advice on the interview would be appreciated!
Old Apr 14th 2004, 3:07 pm
Forum Regular

Ayisha is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: AOS interview

Originally posted by jennym
Hi,

Much good info from this site. My british husband and i have his aos interview in 2 weeks. we filed for AOS after getting married when he entered on visa waiver. if you are just going to write mean things about that fact, please refrain from replying at all.

while we did not intend to marry when he entered, i understand that we will need to "prove" that in the interview. we have the itinerary from his flight which showed that he came in with a return flight. what other evidence, that we can gather in 2 weeks, will help show that we did not intend to get married when he entered?

our situation is that we were traveling together in europe and then i came back to u.s. in april 2002. he planned a visit for a couple of months later. he came in july 2002 but then we decided that we just didn't want to be apart any more. so, we eloped in vegas and then gathered all the documents for AOS. of course, by the time we got that application together, he was out of status.

Congratulations on your interview date! I've never been in your situation, so I can't give you any solid advice. However, does he have any property back home? Maybe a mortgage or a car payment that he has to make? A job he had to go back to? I would get these things faxed ASAP (contracts, etc.).

Good luck!

Ayisha
Old Apr 14th 2004, 3:10 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not an attorney but have been reading and responding to posts here for over six years now. I can't recall anyone having to show proof at the AOS interview that they did not come to the US with the express purpose of marrying and remaining to adjust status. That said, it doesn't mean that it doesn't or hasn't happened to some couples during the interview. A return ticket is fine but I would ask you to think about it and decide for yourself what the interviewer might ask in the way of questions pertaining to his/your intent that would show he true intent. What was asked of him at the POE? How did he answer? How long was his interrogation? How did he handle tying up of loose ends in his country?

Wishing you luck at your interview and hope you will post the exact interview experience when it is completed.

Rete

Hi,

Old Apr 14th 2004, 3:15 pm
David9287

Hi,

My british husband and i have his aos interview in 2 weeks. we filed for AOS after getting married when he entered on visa waiver,

we eloped in vegas and then gathered all the documents for AOS. of course, by the time we got that application together, he was out of status.
Imagine that! Of course! Good luck ;-)