AOS interview

Old Jan 6th 2004, 12:48 am
Isabelle's Mommy

AndysGirl will become famous soon enough
Default AOS interview

Hello All! We finally received our AOS appointment letter in the mail. Our interview is for February 12, 2004. It's amazing that a year ago that time, there was a V-Day protest at the TSC! Im glad that is all past.

My question I have is how many pictures do they actually keep at the interview. We have our wedding album, but they are not for them to keep, just look at. Should I make some copies just in case.

Also, does anyone have any advice for us? Anything would be helpful

Thanks,
Robin
Old Jan 6th 2004, 3:47 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AOS interview

I have never heard of them actually keeping you personal photos but thats not to say it never happens, At our AOS they didn't even want to look at them..if they do want to keep a copy ask them to photocopy what they need
Old Jan 6th 2004, 10:18 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Many posters have been asked if by the examiner to choose one photo that USCIS can keep for your file. They did so in our case but we were prepared. We scanned in a few and printed them out in color and gave her the scanned copies for our files. Worked for us. Of course to be contrary, some posters didn't have to do this.

Rete

Originally posted by AndysGirl
Hello All! We finally received our AOS appointment letter in the mail. Our interview is for February 12, 2004. It's amazing that a year ago that time, there was a V-Day protest at the TSC! Im glad that is all past.

My question I have is how many pictures do they actually keep at the interview. We have our wedding album, but they are not for them to keep, just look at. Should I make some copies just in case.

Also, does anyone have any advice for us? Anything would be helpful

Thanks,
Robin
Old Jan 6th 2004, 12:57 pm

katesuiter1 is an unknown quantity at this point

I hope they don't ask Corey and I for pics. We didn't take any on our wedding day. There were only 4 guests there, we only gave them 24 hours notice that we were marrying on that day, and we thought we'd wait til we have our vow renewal in the UK (when our finances allow!) to take official pics. That's when we'll have the white dress and church ceremony.

Also, I wanted to get a few pics of our Christmas celebration, but Corey's extremely camera-shy (ironic, seeing as we met on the internet!) and the only pic I managed to sneak in was one of him burying his face in the dog's neck as soon as he saw me with the camera!

I'd imagine that we're not the only ones who don't have many pics, though, and we have other evidence of our marriage, so I won't lose any sleep over it.

Good luck for your interview, and I hope all goes well!!

Kate. xxxx
Old Jan 6th 2004, 1:10 pm
former Rochesterian

katina is an unknown quantity at this point
Default in our case...

Our interviewer asked us if we had any photos to show (I believe she asked for wedding photos specifically) and we showed her an album of wedding pictures. She didn't ask for any photos to keep.
Old Jan 6th 2004, 2:06 pm
K1 via London

Steffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by katesuiter1
I hope they don't ask Corey and I for pics. We didn't take any on our wedding day. There were only 4 guests there, we only gave them 24 hours notice that we were marrying on that day, and we thought we'd wait til we have our vow renewal in the UK (when our finances allow!) to take official pics. That's when we'll have the white dress and church ceremony.
Wow, you don't have a single photo from when you got married? Patrick and I are in a sort of similar situation. With the visa getting postponed further and further we ended up canceling our initial wedding plans for July 26th (got my visa August 29th!) and just went to the courthouse and got married on September 10th. We have a few badly taken photos from Patrick's mom and my "pretend mom" that came along. We will also be having a ceremony in white to renew our vows where we'll have a nice celebration with everyone. When are you planning on having yours?? (I know you said when money permits)
Old Jan 6th 2004, 3:02 pm
Forum Regular

princess_fiona is an unknown quantity at this point

On our interview we brought a couple of pics (wedding & vacation).
The officer just looked at it and then proceeded with the questions. She did not kept any of it. I suggest just bring whatever you have you'll never know what the officer will ask from you. Just be prepared.

Good luck on your interview!
Old Jan 6th 2004, 3:46 pm
Forum Regular

Trinity is an unknown quantity at this point

At our interview, she didnt ask to see any pics at all. Although, when I said, "you dont want to see pictures?" she graciously looked at the seven or so I had in an envelope. When I was chosing them I couldnt decide what they should be of so I had one of the house, some from a town festival, our pets, and a trip we took together. I brought the whole wedding album but it stayed snug in my bag the whole time.

She seemed quite amazed that we had all our paperwork in order and had lots of the "joint life together" evidence, so I guess the pictures were just icing on the cake. When I questioned why she seemed amazed she said something like you cant imagine how many people come in and dont have things in order or have what they need.

Its different for everyones interview. Depends on the luck of the draw!

Good luck in your interview!
Old Jan 6th 2004, 4:46 pm

katesuiter1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Steffi
Wow, you don't have a single photo from when you got married?
No. When we were apart, we got so used to referring to each other as future husband/wife, we just kind of dropped the "future" part after a while. Although we weren't yet married, we felt like we were, so our wedding day was pretty much just a formality, albeit a very emotional and special formality. We hadn't set a date, but one week, we decided to go ahead and apply for our license. Corey's mum and dad were out of state and wouldn't be back for months, so they knew they couldn't be there, but we asked Corey's grandparents to be witnesses, and we had a personally known Notary Public perform the ceremony. Corey's little cousin was also a witness. We only gave them 24 hours notice, so everyone was in shock and didn't think to get a camera ready! We weren't exactly dressed up either, so we didn't really mind the lack of pics.

We had such a bad start money-wise when I first got here, we've only just really started picking up and doing really well, so our savings won't allow us to go back for a long time yet, but it's ok. We didn't want to have to count the pennies when it came to the vow renewal in the UK as Corey's family will be coming and we wanted to help them with their air fare. I'm hoping to be made permanent at my new job in the next few weeks, so things will be even better and we can really get stuck into saving.

Kate. xxxxxxx