Wikiposts

AOS I-693 RFE

Old Sep 29th 2011, 2:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Moxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AOS I-693 RFE

Originally Posted by ozmac79
Bit of back story first to set the scene.

"A review of the record indicates that the applicant entered the United States with a valid K-1 nonimmigrant visa.

A review of all the applicant's USCIS records fails to reveal Form DS-2053, DS-3024, DS-3025 or DS-3026, which are the Department of State's medical forms."

I know this RFE. It's common.

The four forms were filled in by Knightsbridge, sent to the embassy, put in your envelope that you turned in at POE, then sent to the national records center. When you file AOS, your A-file is supposed to be ordered and matched up with your AOS. Your medical results (if less than a year old) are accepted for approving AOS. BUT sometimes they "lose" them. Maybe they got misfiled, maybe the contractor opening the mail didn't even order them. The adjudicator at CSC needs medical results before he can approve your adjustment of status.

Your RFE is saying "we don't have your medical results". It's not about your immunizations or what you did at the US civil surgeon unless you had a complete exam over again. It's about blood testst for STDs, clearance from TB, mental health...everything you got checked for at Knightsbridge.

What you do to correct this: Go to a US civil surgeon and have a full immigrant medical examination. He completes all the tests, bloodwork, a Tb skin test, etc. The entire I-693 will be filled out.

Knightsbridge will NOT have a copy of your exam. I spoke to them myself not long ago just to clarify. She said the exam is under contract for a 3rd party (US Embassy) so they conduct it and send it off. You are not a Knightsbridge client who will be returning to them for healthcare, so they don't keep your records. That's why they give you your x-ray cd. Otherwise they would just throw it out.

The embassy also does not keep a copy of your paper files. Everything goes in that envelope sent with your visa. The only copy of your medical is AWOL. I've known many people who tried to chase down files, call their congressmen, called their POE. It never works. My advice is go get an exam and you'll be approved shortly after you send it in. It's not fair, but what you are stuck with.

I gave this same info to a person a week or two ago and got a followup message.
"Thanks for the feedback...unfortunately, you were right: we even had an Infopass, just to make sure we are not wasting our money doing a full medical again, but we had to in the end."
Old Sep 29th 2011, 3:01 pm

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

The same thing happened with my husbands K1 a few years ago. We sent in the info filled out by the civil surgeon over here and a copy of his report from Knightsbridge. We got an RFE. Moxie is right that they do not keep copies of the records there. We decided not to fight City Hall and my husband got another medical by a civil surgeon . His greencard arrived in the mail about two weeks later. No interview.

It is incredibly frustrating. My attorney who filed our I 751 says the same thing has happened to many of his and his colleagues clients as well.
Old Sep 29th 2011, 4:17 pm
Okie

ozmac79 is on a distinguished road

Jeffrey, yes it's a four hour round trip. But I was able to get an appointment on the same day we were heading to the city in question anyway to visit with friends.

However, I think I'll go ahead and cancel it anyway and just get the medical exam done again. Thanks for the comprehensive answers. It's a shame that this is considered a common fault, but from another point of view it's allowed me to get the answers I need.

Just one last question if I may. Since I'll be getting a new medical exam here in the States, does that mean I'll be required to have the varicella jab in order for my medical results to be deemed complete? It wasn't available in the UK when I had my exam there.

Last edited by ozmac79; Sep 29th 2011 at 4:21 pm.
Old Sep 29th 2011, 11:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Moxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond repute

Just one last question if I may. Since I'll be getting a new medical exam here in the States, does that mean I'll be required to have the varicella jab in order for my medical results to be deemed complete? It wasn't available in the UK when I had my exam there.
I would say yes you need varicella (if you did not have chickenpox) to meet USCIS requirements. Your civil surgeon who copied over your shots to the immunization section of the I-693 should have caught that before.

And because tomorrow is October 1, the first day of flu season, you may need a flu shot according to USCIS because your medical exam date will be between Oct 1 and March 31. The flu jab requirement was added for ages 6 months+ in late November 2010. Then again the wording of the change indicates it was specific to the 2010-2011 season which ended on Mar 31, 2011. So will USCIS go back to the previous recommendations of age 50+ for adults???? You're kind of in uncharted territory but can probably get by USCIS since they have not specifically adressed the flu season that starts tomorrow.

http://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeeh...u-vaccine.html
Old Sep 30th 2011, 2:00 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Ah, new information! Big difference with respect to effort, but my prediction is unchanged.

Time spent with friends is valuable, but if you change your mind about cancelling the InfoPass I'd love to know if my prediction is accurate and would enjoy being proved wrong on this one.

Regards, JEff

Jeffrey, yes it's a four hour round trip. But I was able to get an appointment on the same day we were heading to the city in question anyway to visit with friends.

However, I think I'll go ahead and cancel it anyway and just get the medical exam done again.
Old Sep 30th 2011, 7:09 am
Okie

I'm confident your predication would have been correct Jeff. Hence I'm just going to get the medical exam done, provide what the RFE asked for and just inwardly be angry at USCIS for losing my original results to start with.

Incidentally, I'll be having the medical exam in the same city as the InfoPass appointment would have been. So it's still two birds with one stone as far as the friends are concerned
Old Nov 16th 2011, 9:16 am
Okie

Greencard issued today without an interview. Thanks for all the help guys. Glad it's finally done!
Old Nov 16th 2011, 2:50 pm

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats!