Gaylord

Default AOS Help.... Please

Things are not going good.. first off all my dislocated shoulder hurts like
CraZZY today and ive just checked online as I sent my AOS paperwork via USPS
with a tracking number, USPS tried to deliver the paperwork last thursday,
and thats it... nobody has been to collect it, nobody has tried to redeliver
it... is this normal?

The office Im filing at is the Portland office... Ive looked everywhere for
the Portland office number and cant find it, does anyone have it?

Thanks

Jay

Old Jul 14th 2004, 11:33 am
Gaylord

Default Re: AOS Help.... Please

"Gaylord" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Things are not going good.. first off all my dislocated shoulder hurts
    > CraZZY today and ive just checked online as I sent my AOS paperwork via
USPS
    > with a tracking number, USPS tried to deliver the paperwork last thursday,
    > and thats it... nobody has been to collect it, nobody has tried to
redeliver
    > it... is this normal?
    > The office Im filing at is the Portland office... Ive looked everywhere
for
    > the Portland office number and cant find it, does anyone have it?

This gets more strange.. I just went to the bank to get some cash out and
the cheque for immigration has come out, does this mean that they have
accecpted all the paperwork?

Than ks

Jay

Old Jul 14th 2004, 2:19 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Gaylord
... does this mean that they have accecpted all the paperwork?
Absolutely not! It means that they have cashed your check, nothing more.

Ian
Old Jul 14th 2004, 4:07 pm
Just Joined

Gaylord is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by ian-mstm
Absolutely not! It means that they have cashed your check, nothing more.

Ian
Oh ok.. I for some reason thought that if there was a problem with the paperwork that they would send it back with the check, and for the paperwork to be fixed.
Old Jul 15th 2004, 12:30 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Oh ok.. I for some reason thought that if there was a problem with the paperwork that they would send it back with the check, and for the paperwork to be fixed.
You may still get an RFE if something was incomplete or if they have questions about what you've sent. Good luck.

Ian
Old Jul 15th 2004, 1:21 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

This gets more strange.. I just went to the bank to get some cash out and
the cheque for immigration has come out, does this mean that they have
accecpted all the paperwork?

Than ks

Jay

Nine times out of ten, yes that is what it means. Of course further down the line someone might see something that needs correcting but they might well wait for the AOS interview to do it.

Rete
Old Jul 15th 2004, 4:41 am
Just Joined

Gaylord is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Rete
Nine times out of ten, yes that is what it means. Of course further down the line someone might see something that needs correcting but they might well wait for the AOS interview to do it.

Rete

Excellent... I was a little unsure because of the photos of I submitted (I live in a very very small town).

Fingers crossed then, and I will keep everyone on here updated, thanks everyone for the help. On another note yesterday when the package (and it still says that it is undelivered) I phoned the national information line... is that thing for real? I was on hold for 40 minutes at least and asked the guy who answered if I could have Portlands number so I can get in touch with them and see if I could figure out why my envelope had not been collected, and he said that he could not give out phone numbers, and that it would probally be returned by the usps and just to resubmit it and not to worry about it, of course I worry about things like that, as its got a lot of infomation in about myself and also checks.

Oh well..

Jay
Old Jul 15th 2004, 4:45 am
Don't Know, Don't Care

inquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to all

Excellent... I was a little unsure because of the photos of I submitted (I live in a very very small town).

Fingers crossed then, and I will keep everyone on here updated, thanks everyone for the help. On another note yesterday when the package (and it still says that it is undelivered) I phoned the national information line... is that thing for real? I was on hold for 40 minutes at least and asked the guy who answered if I could have Portlands number so I can get in touch with them and see if I could figure out why my envelope had not been collected, and he said that he could not give out phone numbers, and that it would probally be returned by the usps and just to resubmit it and not to worry about it, of course I worry about things like that, as its got a lot of infomation in about myself and also checks.

Oh well..

Jay
Was it multiple packages and checks? You said that the checks were cashed? Can you bank not tell you who cashed them?
Seems more like USPS screwed up and that your package was delivered and someone entered a wrong number on the recording.
Patrick
Old Jul 15th 2004, 5:04 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Yes that is for real. There are no public numbers available for district offices. You have only the 1-800 misinformation line to contact.

Rete

Oh well..

Jay