Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Wedding pictures from non legal ceremony in Brazil

Wedding pictures from non legal ceremony in Brazil

Old Jul 14th 2004, 9:46 pm
Forum Regular

wesleygolf is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Wedding pictures from non legal ceremony in Brazil

My wife and i had a non legal wedding in Brazil just for her family and friends before she came to the usa on a K1 visa. There was no minister, pastor, or anything like that. Only a man who said a few nice words. she then came to the united states and we married within the 90 days allowed. We were wondering if we should send any of that information in our AOS package that we are about to mail off. Is it relevant since it was not legal or recognized.
Old Jul 14th 2004, 9:51 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wedding pictures from non legal ceremony in Brazil

Originally posted by wesleygolf
My wife and i had a non legal wedding in Brazil just for her family and friends before she came to the usa on a K1 visa. There was no minister, pastor, or anything like that. Only a man who said a few nice words. she then came to the united states and we married within the 90 days allowed. We were wondering if we should send any of that information in our AOS package that we are about to mail off. Is it relevant since it was not legal or recognized.
Hi Wesley,

If I recall correctly, we did not send any pictures whatsoever along with our AOS package (except, of course, the required ADIT photos). We only the marriage certificate to prove our legal marriage.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Jul 14th 2004, 10:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

DCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really nice

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Are you crazy? They may consider this a legal marriage and deny your K1. DO NOT MENTION THIS CEREMONY!

It does not matter if it was not legal, what they think is what matters.

Old Jul 14th 2004, 10:06 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Do not, under any circumstances, utter the words to anyone at the USCIS that you had any type of ceremony in Brazil. I can only direct you to the saga of George Chapried and his lovely bride. They had a blessings ceremony in the Urkanine and the legal ceremony in Boston. During the AOS interview the lovely bride "slipped" when the DAO asked to see wedding pictures and lovely bride asked from which ceremony? The DAO would not believe the blessings ceremony was unofficial and it took over 2 years to get an USCIS decision on their adjustment.

Rete
Old Jul 15th 2004, 1:39 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by DCMark
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Are you crazy? They may consider this a legal marriage and deny your K1. DO NOT MENTION THIS CEREMONY!

It does not matter if it was not legal, what they think is what matters.
I gotta second that!! DO NOT SEND THOSE PICTURES!!! PLEASE!!!
Good Luck!!
Old Jul 15th 2004, 3:20 am
Forum Regular

wesleygolf is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Hypertweeky
I gotta second that!! DO NOT SEND THOSE PICTURES!!! PLEASE!!!
Good Luck!!

Thanks for the advice. We will not send anything or say anything about the non legal wedding. We appreciate the responses and will make sure it never comes up !!
Old Jul 15th 2004, 3:11 pm
Just Joined

Lu&Nate is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the advice. We will not send anything or say anything about the non legal wedding. We appreciate the responses and will make sure it never comes up !!

from now you should call that non-legal ceremony a "good-bye party on your honour"...
Old Jul 15th 2004, 5:35 pm
Reargunner666

DCMark <member6276@british_expats.com> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    >
    > Are you crazy? They may consider
    > this a legal marriage and deny your K1. DO NOT MENTION THIS CEREMONY!
    >
    >
    > It does not matter if it was not legal, what they think is what
    > matters.
    >
    >
    >
    > Originally posted by wesleygolf
    > My wife and i
    > had a non legal wedding in Brazil just for her family and friends before
    > she came to the usa on a K1 visa. There was no minister, pastor, or
    > anything like that. Only a man who said a few nice words. she then came
    > to the united states and we married within the 90 days allowed. We were
    > wondering if we should send any of that information in our AOS package
    > that we are about to mail off. Is it relevant since it was not legal or
    > recognized.

I have taken the liberty to report this matter to the USCIS, so that
they can properly investigate it and determine what is and isn't the
correct procedure to follow in this type of case.