AOS in Garden City

Old Aug 26th 2005, 2:36 pm
Forum Regular

Hope is an unknown quantity at this point
Default AOS in Garden City

We had our interview at Garden City yesterday morning. The line moved reasonably fast and we got called into a small office an hour earlier than our scheduled time. Our officer was rather gruff and humourless, albeit organised and efficient, throughout the whole process. I smiled and made a funny comment or two but stopped after realising he was the serious sort. He asked to see the originals and kept copies of every document as listed in the interview notice letter. We had also brought along lots of photographs and personal letters but he did not ask to see those. He finally said that everything was in order (at least I think that was what he said) and I had to be fingerprinted again before my application could be approved. We left after 20-30 minutes and most of it was spent hunting down the right documents because we brought so much with us.

There were several other interview rooms next to ours and we could hear laughter from them. I guess everyone has a different experience. We are glad our officer seemed to know exactly what he was doing and that our papers were safely in his USCIS folder (not misplaced like a few other britishexpats.com members have experienced).

My EAD will expire in Nov and I am keeping my fingers crossed that I get my Green Card before that. Any comments?

Thanks for all your postings and advice. They have all helped.
Old Aug 26th 2005, 2:46 pm
Forum Regular

jujubar has a spectacular aura aboutjujubar has a spectacular aura aboutjujubar has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: AOS in Garden City

Hi Hope,
we are both in the same position regaring the fingerprints, when did your's expire mine expired monday.
Old Aug 26th 2005, 2:47 pm
Forum Regular

My fingerprints expired a month ago.

Originally Posted by jujubar
Hi Hope,
we are both in the same position regaring the fingerprints, when did your's expire mine expired monday.
Old Aug 26th 2005, 2:57 pm
Forum Regular

jujubar has a spectacular aura aboutjujubar has a spectacular aura aboutjujubar has a spectacular aura about

It sucks, our interviewer told us that almost all the interviews she had done in garden city the fingerprints were expired. Like us you two must have started this process in 2003. its along time to wait.
Old Aug 26th 2005, 3:15 pm
Forum Regular

Ermm, actually, we sent in all our applications mid-2002.

Originally Posted by jujubar
It sucks, our interviewer told us that almost all the interviews she had done in garden city the fingerprints were expired. Like us you two must have started this process in 2003. its along time to wait.
Old Aug 26th 2005, 3:20 pm
Forum Regular

OH my god that truely sucks........the really have to do something these waiting times...

Good luck...
if I hear anything i will page you on these boards
Old Aug 26th 2005, 5:44 pm
Forum Regular

almoya is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Hope
Thanks for all your postings and advice. They have all helped.

My interview is sked for Garden City on Thur Sept 8 -- am wondering how long your wait time was to see the officer, how long did the interview take. which documents did the officer ask to see.

thank you

Alberto
Old Aug 26th 2005, 7:56 pm
Forum Regular

We queued outside before 7 am, got into the waiting room maybe at 7:30 am, and waited for 10 minutes or so. The officer asked to see everything for the both of us that the interview notice letter stated (i.e. ID, birth and marriage certificate(s), letters of employment, joint financial and health statements, lease, income tax returns, W-2 forms, pay slips) and not any of our photos (even though we offered them). Good luck, Alberto.

Originally Posted by almoya
My interview is sked for Garden City on Thur Sept 8 -- am wondering how long your wait time was to see the officer, how long did the interview take. which documents did the officer ask to see.

thank you

Alberto
Old Aug 26th 2005, 9:15 pm
Forum Regular

almoya is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Hope
We queued outside before 7 am, got into the waiting room maybe at 7:30 am, and waited for 10 minutes or so. The officer asked to see everything for the both of us that the interview notice letter stated (i.e. ID, birth and marriage certificate(s), letters of employment, joint financial and health statements, lease, income tax returns, W-2 forms, pay slips) and not any of our photos (even though we offered them). Good luck, Alberto.

Thanks!

Did the officer stamp your passport? I'm hearing that Garden City isn't stamping passports.

A.
Old Aug 29th 2005, 6:58 pm
Forum Regular

No, he did not stamp it. I have to get an apppointment to be fingerprinted again.

Originally Posted by almoya
Thanks!

Did the officer stamp your passport? I'm hearing that Garden City isn't stamping passports.

A.
Old Aug 29th 2005, 7:04 pm
Forum Regular

Hope, I received a notice in the mail on Saturday for the fingerprints, so my guess is that you will get a Notice today or tomorrow.