Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

AOS fingerprints done. Now what?

AOS fingerprints done. Now what?

Old Jul 27th 2004, 6:07 pm
Forum Regular

Mr. Z19 is a jewel in the roughMr. Z19 is a jewel in the roughMr. Z19 is a jewel in the roughMr. Z19 is a jewel in the roughMr. Z19 is a jewel in the rough
Default AOS fingerprints done. Now what?

I just came back from the Baltimore ASC office. Did my I-485 fingerprints in less than 30 min., not too bad...

What is the next step in the process? How long does it take the FBI to process the fingerprints?
Old Jul 27th 2004, 10:39 pm
Former Blonde

FlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: AOS fingerprints done. Now what?

Originally posted by Mr. Z19
What is the next step in the process? How long does it take the FBI to process the fingerprints?
Depends on what's happened so far - I got my AOS interview notice before I had to go get my fingerprints done - there were roughly about four weeks between the two and I was cleared by the time of the interview, (name and fingerprint check) at Baltimore.
Old Jul 27th 2004, 11:39 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by FlyergirlUK
Depends on what's happened so far - I got my AOS interview notice before I had to go get my fingerprints done - there were roughly about four weeks between the two and I was cleared by the time of the interview, (name and fingerprint check) at Baltimore.
Here in Phoenix, my husband's AOS fingerprint appointment is on August 13th, but our interview probably won't be until summer of 2006. He might even have to get new prints taken again before then.

Rene
Old Jul 28th 2004, 11:59 am
BE Forum Addict

andrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Noorah101
Here in Phoenix, my husband's AOS fingerprint appointment is on August 13th, but our interview probably won't be until summer of 2006. He might even have to get new prints taken again before then.

Rene
How long are fingerprints valid for? I got mine done this month, and only applied for AOS last month so my interview is, in all likelyhood, not going to be anytime soon
Old Jul 28th 2004, 1:10 pm
Forum Regular

Darkie is an unknown quantity at this point

That's a quick appointment

I have fingerprinting for AoS/EAD scheduled for Sept 7 in Philly, that was the earliest available
Old Jul 28th 2004, 1:28 pm

katesuiter1 is an unknown quantity at this point

I just came back from the Baltimore ASC office. Did my I-485 fingerprints in less than 30 min., not too bad...

It all depends. Some people wait for weeks/months for security checks to clear, but I was fortunate. I called the FBI to check status a few months after my AOS f/p were taken, and they said that their check was complete, and the results were sent back to Miami on the same day I had my prints taken.

I don't know how you'd find out about the other checks involved, IBIS, etc, if it's even possible, or if they're all linked to the FBI's status info, but I had no problems with the checks holding up my AOS approval.

Kate. xxxx
Old Jul 28th 2004, 2:40 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by andrea874
How long are fingerprints valid for? I got mine done this month, and only applied for AOS last month so my interview is, in all likelyhood, not going to be anytime soon
Hi Andrea,

For some reason, 15 months sticks in my mind. I'll see if I can dig that up on the NG here somewhere.

Rene
Old Jul 28th 2004, 2:49 pm

Originally posted by Noorah101
Hi Andrea,

For some reason, 15 months sticks in my mind. I'll see if I can dig that up on the NG here somewhere.

Rene
Well, it's not from this forum, but here's a blurb about it....

http://www.irishabroad.com/news/iris...expiredfin.asp

Rene
Old Jul 29th 2004, 5:55 pm
Bc

Rene,

My wife first fingerprinted the same day we applied for AOS (Phoenix
INS).
She got another letter for fingerprinting in May 2004 and AOS apptment
came at the end of June 04 for AOS in July 2004.

- bc.

Noorah101 <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Originally posted by Noorah101
    > > Hi Andrea,
    > >
    > > For some
    > reason, 15 months sticks in my mind. I'll see if I can dig that up on
    > the NG here somewhere.
    > >
    > > Rene
    > Well, it's not from this
    > forum, but here's a blurb about it....
    >
    > ]http://www.irishabroad.com-
    > /news/irishinamerica/Greencard/expiredfin.asp[/url]
    >
    > Rene

Old Jul 29th 2004, 6:19 pm

Originally posted by Bc
Rene,

My wife first fingerprinted the same day we applied for AOS (Phoenix
INS).
She got another letter for fingerprinting in May 2004 and AOS apptment
came at the end of June 04 for AOS in July 2004.

- bc.
Hi Bc,

How did she manage to get fingerprinted the same day you applied for AOS? Did you do walk-in at that time? That was 2 years ago, right? So, I can expect my husband to get another notice for fingerprinting down the road a while.

Rene
Old Jul 29th 2004, 6:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

whistlestop01 has a spectacular aura aboutwhistlestop01 has a spectacular aura aboutwhistlestop01 has a spectacular aura about

Originally posted by katesuiter1
It all depends. Some people wait for weeks/months for security checks to clear, but I was fortunate. I called the FBI to check status a few months after my AOS f/p were taken, and they said that their check was complete, and the results were sent back to Miami on the same day I had my prints taken.

I don't know how you'd find out about the other checks involved, IBIS, etc, if it's even possible, or if they're all linked to the FBI's status info, but I had no problems with the checks holding up my AOS approval.

Kate. xxxx
How did you check with the FBI? It would be great to ask about mine in a few months time. I had my fingerprints taken in Boston on 9 July so got a bit of a way to go yet.

TIA
Gisela xx
Old Jul 29th 2004, 7:41 pm
Forum Regular

Mr. Z19 is a jewel in the roughMr. Z19 is a jewel in the roughMr. Z19 is a jewel in the roughMr. Z19 is a jewel in the roughMr. Z19 is a jewel in the rough

I believe the FBI fingerprints number to call is:

(304) 625-2000 or (304) 625-3878

I haven't tried it yet, though.
Old Jul 29th 2004, 11:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

whistlestop01 has a spectacular aura aboutwhistlestop01 has a spectacular aura aboutwhistlestop01 has a spectacular aura about

I believe the FBI fingerprints number to call is:

(304) 625-2000 or (304) 625-3878

I haven't tried it yet, though.
OK Thanks. Will try it in a few months time.
Old Jul 30th 2004, 5:51 pm
Bc

Rene,

It was walkin to file for EAD and AOS.
The lady at the Phoenix INS gave us a appt slip for that afternoon to
go get fingerprinted.
yes this was 2 years back.

-bc

Noorah101 <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Originally posted by Bc
    > > Rene,
    > >
    > > My wife first
    > fingerprinted the same day we applied for AOS (Phoenix
    > > INS).
    > > She got
    > another letter for fingerprinting in May 2004 and AOS apptment
    > > came at
    > the end of June 04 for AOS in July 2004.
    > >
    > > - bc.
    > >
    > Hi Bc,
    >
    >
    > How did she manage to get fingerprinted the same day you applied for
    > AOS? Did you do walk-in at that time? That was 2 years ago, right?
    > So, I can expect my husband to get another notice for fingerprinting
    > down the road a while.
    >
    > Rene

Old Jul 30th 2004, 6:17 pm

Originally posted by Bc
Rene,

It was walkin to file for EAD and AOS.
The lady at the Phoenix INS gave us a appt slip for that afternoon to
go get fingerprinted.
yes this was 2 years back.

-bc
Too bad they don't do it that way anymore

Rene