AOS fingerprinting

Old Jan 27th 2001, 4:27 pm
ET

Hi all, I recent had my fingerprints done, two week later I am being told that my
fingerprints could be classified. Is there someone who would know exactly what this means?

Old Jan 27th 2001, 8:00 pm
Onigiri

Hi all,
> I recent had my fingerprints done, two week later I am being told that my fingerprints
> could be classified.
"I am being told " -- ? by whom ? Is it "told" or "written to" ? Did you ask for it by
some means -- phone or letter ? If so, who did you ask or write to ?
> Is there someone who would know exactly what this means?
It depends on your answer to the first question above.

Old Jan 27th 2001, 8:47 pm
ET

In article <[email protected]>,

> > Hi all, I recent had my fingerprints done, two week later I am being told that my
> > fingerprints could be classified.
> "I am being told " -- ? by whom ? Is it "told" or "written to" ? Did you ask for it by
> some means -- phone or letter ? If so, who did you ask or write to ?
> > Is there someone who would know exactly what this means?
> It depends on your answer to the first question above.
>
I receive a letter from INS ASC telling me that my fingerprints could not be classified.

Thanks

Old Jan 27th 2001, 9:06 pm
Alex Jackson

My guess (note I said guess) would be that you have to go and have them done again. I base
this on what I was told when I got mine done - which was basically there is always a
chance that they will be rejected for whatever reason (ie: not good prints taken) and I
would then have to come back and redo them and to keep the original appointment letter
because it was my receipt to show that I had already paid.

Alex

>
> I receive a letter from INS ASC telling me that my fingerprints could not be classified.
>
> Thanks

Old Jan 28th 2001, 12:04 am
Onigiri

I receive a letter from INS ASC telling me that my fingerprints could
> not be classified.
A letter with a lonely statement !! I think you are not giving the full facts yet !!
However, fingerprint classification is cataloging of prints into various classes. You
probably gave them smudgy prints that could not be machine read and catalogued. It
simply means that you have to follow the instructions that they gave alongwith the
written statement. I am positive that the INS letter did not contain the statement
alone without further instructions. If there are no instructions, then go to the
INS-fingerprint place and produce this letter and ask them to take your prints again.

Old Jan 28th 2001, 1:24 am
ET

In article <[email protected]>,

> > I receive a letter from INS ASC telling me that my fingerprints could not be
> > classified.
> A letter with a lonely statement !! I think you are not giving the full facts yet !!
> However, fingerprint classification is cataloging of prints into various classes. You
> probably gave them smudgy prints that could not be machine read and catalogued. It
> simply means that you have to follow the instructions that they gave alongwith the
> written statement. I am positive that the INS letter did not contain the statement
> alone without further instructions. If there are no instructions, then go to the
> INS-fingerprint place and produce this letter and ask them to take your prints again.

Yes you are right the letter did not contain just a lonely statement "fingerprints could
not be classified". They actually have me scheduled for another fingerprinting session.
The reason I posed the question to the newsgroup, was to understand what the word
classified meant. Because I thought with the computer system used for fingerprints in
these centers, they are meant to erase these errors *smudgy prints*. I guess I will do
exactly what the letter asks me to do and go back redo the fingerprints. Thanks for the
inform anyway.

Old Jan 28th 2001, 9:19 pm
paulgani

I receive a letter from INS ASC telling me that my fingerprints could not be
> classified.

It probably means you have greasy fingers (literally, not figuratively).

Next time, wash your hands first, and don't put the hand lotion on.

Paulgani

Old Jan 29th 2001, 4:39 am
Grinch

| Next time, wash your hands first, and don't put the hand lotion on.
|
| Paulgani

The grinchess told me I should get a double dose of the hand lotion

Grinch