Wikiposts

Aos Fees Increase

Old May 11th 2004, 7:54 am
BE Enthusiast

AlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really nice
Default Re: Aos Fees Increase

Originally posted by katesuiter1
I had seperate checks made out for each app, I-485, EAD, and fingerprinting. They were made out to USCIS. I believe Scott Henshaw got an RFE for sending one check for all the costs.

BTW, Hyper, does it feel like you have a hole the size of the Grand Canyon in your gob now? That's how I felt when I had my wisdom tooth and the one alongside it out! Very sore. They put me on Vicadin, too, and I never felt so spaced out in my life!

Kate. xxxxx
Hope this doesn't confuse people but I just found this regarding Scott Henshaw
For those of those who know me, and my little AOS issue in Seattle... My AOS packet was returned because I only inclosed a single check for the total, rather then the suggested seperate checks for each fee. (Overpay as Seattle does not require fingerfrints for K1)
It was because he'd overpaid that they returned his check. However, I thought that everyone had to be fingerprinted for AOS but as I was not ona K1 visa I didn't have to check that out.

Edited to say this is on the USCIS website
http://uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/finger/ALLAPPS1.htm
It explains it pretty well - this is what I looked at when I was completing my forms.

Last edited by AlisonPA; May 11th 2004 at 7:57 am.
Old May 11th 2004, 7:57 am

katesuiter1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by AlisonPA
It was because he'd overpaid that they returned his check. However, I thought that everyone had to be fingerprinted for AOS but as I was not ona K1 visa I didn't have to check that out.
Oops!! Thanks for pointing that out!

Yet another example of the different offices/different rules malarky! Grrr!!

Kate. xxxx
Old May 11th 2004, 7:58 am
BE Enthusiast

AlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really niceAlisonPA is just really nice

Kate. xxxx
I know, it's weird and confusing!
Old May 11th 2004, 7:59 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

I had seperate checks made out for each app, I-485, EAD, and fingerprinting. They were made out to USCIS. I believe Scott Henshaw got an RFE for sending one check for all the costs.

BTW, Hyper, does it feel like you have a hole the size of the Grand Canyon in your gob now? That's how I felt when I had my wisdom tooth and the one alongside it out! Very sore. They put me on Vicadin, too, and I never felt so spaced out in my life!

Kate. xxxxx
I am not sending one check with all the costs then. I only need , one for AOS and one for Fingerprinting correct?, I should write them to USCIS right? (sorry I am not myself today..)
Man girl you have described perfectly how I have been feeling!!.
The vicadin kicked my butt big time.. I took it with a little bit of food in my stomach (I didn't feel like eating.. I could not feel my chin and mouth for 9 hours) and I puked..
I told the Dentist the vicodine made me sick and he said. You need to swallow something with more proteins.. so I did.. and I had a very upset stomach. I am glad I don't have to take vicodine anymore.
Last Friday I got so sick from that stupid medication that I had to crawl up to my bed.. I was so spaced out!!!!!
But I am ok now!!. I share your pain Kate
The good thing about the surgery is that I will never have to worry about it again!!! wooo!!

Last edited by Hypertweeky; May 11th 2004 at 8:07 am.
Old May 11th 2004, 8:00 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Kate. xxxx
It's still a good rule of thumb to always send separate checks for everything. Different offices/different rules.
Old May 11th 2004, 8:00 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Send separate checks and/or money orders for each petition and the fingerprint fee. There is no form for the fingerprint fee. It is the same as the biometrics for the EAD only this time it will be all our fingers and not just one.

The instruction sheet for the I-485 tells you about the fingerprinting fee. If you order via the mail they also send a separate note about the fingerprinting fee.

I believe Scott got his things returned because in Seattle, K-1s do not get fingerprinted. It is their policy and since the check included the fees for everything, it had to be returned to be corrected.

Rete
Old May 11th 2004, 8:01 am
Forum Regular

Darkie is an unknown quantity at this point

Ouch, that's a big increase in price, figures that I wouldn't file everything in time

I will have to go through Philly, does this mean that I can't have my to be wife write a check like I did for vermont to pay for the fees?

Thanks
Old May 11th 2004, 8:02 am

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Leslie66
I'm just fishing around. I've never heard of such a thing either.
Leslie!! Don't freak me out!! You mad woman
I am so GLAD that I am a K3!!, I don't need to pay for the AP!
My dad in law paid for my EAD (I painted the kitchen and the bathroom.. it was his idea, I wonder if he needs me to pain something else)
Old May 11th 2004, 8:04 am

Originally posted by whistlestop01
I don't have a fingerprinting form - I dont think there is one! I was going to send just one payment for the AOS and fingerprinting but I will have to send two money orders now ($365 + $20) as I messed up.
I think you should be ok.. nobody has yet jumped on you saying NO YOU CAN'T DO THAT
Married woman!! Yay!!
Wait I am a married woman too, I just don't feel like a woman..
Old May 11th 2004, 8:06 am

Originally posted by AlisonPA
Hope this doesn't confuse people but I just found this regarding Scott Henshaw

Edited to say this is on the USCIS website
http://uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/finger/ALLAPPS1.htm
It explains it pretty well - this is what I looked at when I was completing my forms.
Thanks Alison!!
Old May 11th 2004, 8:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by Darkie
Ouch, that's a big increase in price, figures that I wouldn't file everything in time

I will have to go through Philly, does this mean that I can't have my to be wife write a check like I did for vermont to pay for the fees?

Thanks
If you go to the USCIS website and look for the Philadelphia office you will see several times that it says they do not take personal checks. Money orders and certified checks only (by mail). Also they are now sending everything to NBC as they are not handling the administration for AOS/AP/EAD -although interviews will be held there.

http://uscis.gov/graphics/fieldoffic...m#anchor155614

"For those adjustment applications filed at the local office, please note effective February 17, 2004, the Philadelphia District Office will no longer process I-130/I-485 applications or any application submitted in conjunction with an I-485. This includes Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization, and Form I-131, Application for Travel Document. We will accept the applications by mail or in person, with fees attached and forward them daily to the National Benefit Center for processing. You will receive a filing receipt from that office within 14 days. All employment documents and travel documents will be mailed directly to you from the National Benefit Center. Adjustment of Status interviews will still be conducted locally once the case is scheduled and transferred back to Philadelphia."
Old May 11th 2004, 8:12 am

Originally posted by Rete
Send separate checks and/or money orders for each petition and the fingerprint fee. There is no form for the fingerprint fee. It is the same as the biometrics for the EAD only this time it will be all our fingers and not just one.

The instruction sheet for the I-485 tells you about the fingerprinting fee. If you order via the mail they also send a separate note about the fingerprinting fee.

I believe Scott got his things returned because in Seattle, K-1s do not get fingerprinted. It is their policy and since the check included the fees for everything, it had to be returned to be corrected.

Rete

Oh!! That makes sense.. Thank you Rete.
I feel like a 8 year old now... argg!!