Wikiposts

Aos Fees Increase

Old May 10th 2004, 6:50 am
BE Enthusiast

whistlestop01 has a spectacular aura aboutwhistlestop01 has a spectacular aura aboutwhistlestop01 has a spectacular aura about
Default Aos Fees Increase

Hi there all,

Just as I am applying for my AOS, AP, EAD the fees go up by $190 in total. It was a good job that I noticed that on the website as otherwise I would be getting a RFE asking for more money.

If anyone is about to apply please check to make sure you are sending the correct amount as I am sure you don't want to delay the processing any more than necessary.

Love
Gisela xx
Old May 10th 2004, 6:52 am
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Aos Fees Increase

Hi Gisela,
Another good idea is to submit a separate payment for each application. In other words, don't lump your payments together in one check or money order.

~SecretGarden
Old May 10th 2004, 6:55 am
BE Enthusiast

whistlestop01 has a spectacular aura aboutwhistlestop01 has a spectacular aura aboutwhistlestop01 has a spectacular aura about

Originally posted by SecretGarden
Hi Gisela,
Another good idea is to submit a separate payment for each application. In other words, don't lump your payments together in one check or money order.

~SecretGarden
Yup I have done that ie., one payment for AOS/fingerprinting, one payment for EAD and one payment for AP.

I am just waiting for my husband to fill in the affidavit of support and he loves to do things at the last minute. grrrr

Love Gisela xx
Old May 10th 2004, 8:50 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by whistlestop01
Yup I have done that ie., one payment for AOS/fingerprinting, one payment for EAD and one payment for AP.

I am just waiting for my husband to fill in the affidavit of support and he loves to do things at the last minute. grrrr

Love Gisela xx
Hi Gisela,

Yep, I'm in the same boat. Fees increased just before I was ready to submit everything. Oh well....thanks to this board for alerting me!

I also just noticed you have the same wedding date as my parents - April 10. My parents just celebrated their 65th anniversary! Here's wishing you as long and happy a marriage as my folks

Best Wishes!
Rene
Old May 10th 2004, 8:53 am
Capt. Tuttle

whistlestop01 wrote:
    > Originally posted by SecretGarden
    >
    >>Hi Gisela,
    >
    > Another good idea is to submit a separate payment for each
    > application. In other words, don't lump your payments together in one
    > check or money order.
    >
    >>
    >>~SecretGarden
    >
    >
    > Yup I have
    > done that ie., one payment for AOS/fingerprinting, one payment for EAD
    > and one payment for AP.
    >
    > I am just waiting for my husband to fill in
    > the affidavit of support and he loves to do things at the last minute.
    > grrrr
    >
    > Love Gisela xx
    >
    >
Also make sure you check to see if it HAS to be a money order or if they
accept checks. The Orlando Florida office does NOT take checks.

Old May 10th 2004, 8:58 am

katesuiter1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Noorah101
Hi Gisela,

Yep, I'm in the same boat. Fees increased just before I was ready to submit everything. Oh well....thanks to this board for alerting me!

Best Wishes!
Rene
Y'know what USCIS could do? Instead of sending out half a million welcome letters to one individual, why don't they put that money toward fee increase notices for immigrants who've not reached the end of their journey? That way, we'd all be a lot better informed, (I'm sure the posters here are only a tiny fraction of the actual number of immigrants in the US), there would be fewer RFE's for wrong fees sent, etc.....

I realise that we should all be checking with USCIS itself for the correct fees and the like, but the "helpline" is so unreliable, I wouldn't believe them if they told me the sky was blue! Just my thoughs. I also agree that this board is a great resource and gives people an idea of the realities.

Kate. xxx
Old May 10th 2004, 9:11 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there all,

Just as I am applying for my AOS, AP, EAD the fees go up by $190 in total. It was a good job that I noticed that on the website as otherwise I would be getting a RFE asking for more money.

If anyone is about to apply please check to make sure you are sending the correct amount as I am sure you don't want to delay the processing any more than necessary.

Love
Gisela xx

Hey girlie!!

Married woman at last!!

The AOS fee has increased?? Argg That bites!!, Thanks for the info though
Old May 10th 2004, 2:10 pm
Forum Regular

wesleygolf is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there all,

Love
Gisela xx

Exactly how much are the fees now for each form that have to be paid?
Old May 10th 2004, 2:16 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by wesleygolf
Exactly how much are the fees now for each form that have to be paid?

The new fees are listed on the USCIS website under forms and fees. There is a substantial increase this time around.

http://uscis.gov/graphics/index.htm
Old May 11th 2004, 7:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi Gisela,

I also just noticed you have the same wedding date as my parents - April 10. My parents just celebrated their 65th anniversary! Here's wishing you as long and happy a marriage as my folks

Best Wishes!
Rene
Thank You Rene for that. When did you get married?

Congratulations and a happy marriage to you too.

Love Gisela xx
Old May 11th 2004, 7:12 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there all,

Love
Gisela xx
AOS = $315.00
Fingerprinting = $70.00

My question is..........

Do you send the $70.00 in with the I-485 ??
Old May 11th 2004, 7:13 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank You Rene for that. When did you get married?

Congratulations and a happy marriage to you too.

Love Gisela xx
Thanks, Gisela! I got married on April 29th 2004, but the only way I'll see 65 years of marriage is if I live to be 109! LOL Who knows...it could happen, right?

Rene
Old May 11th 2004, 7:13 am

Originally posted by Leslie66
AOS = $315.00
Fingerprinting = $70.00

My question is..........

Hey, I was just thinking of that same question today!! You must be psychic!

Rene
Old May 11th 2004, 7:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by Leslie66
AOS = $315.00
Fingerprinting = $70.00

My question is..........

Damn cos I only sent in $50 for the fingerprinting (well its not sent yet so do you think if i got another money order for $20 that would be ok????) I did that in one amount ie., $365 for the AOS/fingerprinting tho its $70 now.
Old May 11th 2004, 7:24 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Hey, I was just thinking of that same question today!! You must be psychic!

Rene
Hi Rene!

Maybe psychotic .

It doesn't say anywhere in the I-485 (that I can see) when/where you're supposed to pay for the fingerprinting.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.