AOS delay

Old Aug 30th 2005, 4:26 am
Just Joined

RogerL9119 is just really niceRogerL9119 is just really niceRogerL9119 is just really niceRogerL9119 is just really niceRogerL9119 is just really niceRogerL9119 is just really niceRogerL9119 is just really niceRogerL9119 is just really nice
Default AOS delay

My wife is qoing thru AOS. We went to the interview. The officer requested that I send 1040 transcripts. I did this soon as possible and sent them registered mail. The 60 days have passed and we heard nothing, so I called the customer service center and requested case status.

Just 3 days later my wife gets a letter from the CIS about the case status.
It said that they are actively processing this case. However they have to perform additional review on this case and this has caused a longer processing time. If we do not receive a decision or othe notice within 6 months of this letter, please call customer service.

I cannot think any reason why the delay. Can anyone tell me what the additional review could be about and what does it mean? Does this delay often happen to others going thru AOS? Does the AOS stand a good chance of being denied at this point?

The immigration process has been nothing but problems for us from the beginning when I filed the K-1 to the regional processing center.
Old Aug 30th 2005, 4:43 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AOS delay

Originally Posted by RogerL9119
My wife is qoing thru AOS. We went to the interview. The officer requested that I send 1040 transcripts. I did this soon as possible and sent them registered mail. The 60 days have passed and we heard nothing, so I called the customer service center and requested case status.
Most likely just the security checks taking their time..its not uncommon ...