Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

AOS Charlotte successful.

AOS Charlotte successful.

Old Jan 5th 2004, 2:09 pm
Just Joined

JacquelineH is just really niceJacquelineH is just really niceJacquelineH is just really niceJacquelineH is just really niceJacquelineH is just really niceJacquelineH is just really niceJacquelineH is just really niceJacquelineH is just really nice
Default AOS Charlotte successful.

Hello again,
All went well and very quickly at our AOS interview.
We got there early (way too early 6.30, sheesh, but heyho )
they opened the doors around 7.15, a guy asked for anyone with appointments and we were first into the waiting room.
Waited for another ten minutes or so and were called in.
I had brought all original documents i.e passports, marriage and birthcertificates, tax docs, health papers, employment verification, social security cards and extra photo's. These I had placed in a separate envelope for each of us and then had another large envelope for each of us with copies of the originals in them and also had evidence of marriage items, photo's etc etc.

A very polite and efficient lady, asked us to raise our right hands and swear to tell the truth. She then proceeded to view the original documents, took any more copies needed from the envelopes I had provided. Took back our EAD cards and the kids AP documents, as we would no longer need them. Explained the conditions of our 2 year green card.
Asked the kids if how they liked America and if they had any babies ( made them blush ). Asked me if I had been married before and all the standard questions about terrorism and prostitution and so forth, which she asked us to just answer yes or no.. Printed out a form each for Michael , myself and the girls to sign regarding the conditional greencard and its expiry date.
Emphasised about making sure to file for removal in the 90 day grace period before the 2 years are up, you can now do this online. Stamped our passports.
Congratulated us on receiving our conditional residency.
It took approx 30 minutes in all, most of which was spent adding papers to the files already there. She did not seem to need to look at any other evidence we had brought along.
A very nice quiet and speedy short time. It does indeed help to have things organised and ready to hand over.
So many thanks again all.
Mike and I are grateful for the advice we have been able to glean from everyone here. Also if anyone needs anykind of help from us please email anytime.
Take care all,
Jacqueline
Old Jan 5th 2004, 2:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

sphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: AOS Charlotte successful.

Congratulations! Glad it all went smoothly. Welcome to the permanent resident club.
Old Jan 5th 2004, 2:16 pm
Just Joined

JacquelineH is just really niceJacquelineH is just really niceJacquelineH is just really niceJacquelineH is just really niceJacquelineH is just really niceJacquelineH is just really niceJacquelineH is just really niceJacquelineH is just really nice

Originally posted by sphyrapicus
Congratulations! Glad it all went smoothly. Welcome to the permanent resident club.
Many thanks,
Funny thing was, regarding my medical supplementary form, they did not have the one I had sent them and had to take my original, even though I had copies to give them. She said things often got messed up in the files.
Old Jan 5th 2004, 2:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

sphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by JacquelineH
Many thanks,
Funny thing was, regarding my medical supplementary form, they did not have the one I had sent them and had to take my original, even though I had copies to give them. She said things often got messed up in the files.
Not the USCIS! They have never been known to screw anything up...

Glad you were prepared with that form. It's always good to come to these interviews over-prepared for any eventuality or request they may have. "You done good."
Old Jan 5th 2004, 2:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

By the way Jacqueline, you don't need to send a separate message to the usenet (i.e. your Bluejjjj31241266 post). Your message on this board gets sent to the usenet unless you specifically check the box that says "Do Not Send to Usenet".
Old Jan 5th 2004, 2:51 pm
Just Joined

Originally posted by sphyrapicus
By the way Jacqueline, you don't need to send a separate message to the usenet (i.e. your Bluejjjj31241266 post). Your message on this board gets sent to the usenet unless you specifically check the box that says "Do Not Send to Usenet".
Oh ok,
I just thought it had not gone onto the newsgroup message board as I could not find it there . Apologies.
Old Jan 5th 2004, 2:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by JacquelineH
Oh ok,
I just thought it had not gone onto the newsgroup message board as I could not find it there . Apologies.
No apologies needed. It takes a while to post on the usenet. Somtimes more than 4 hours!
Old Jan 5th 2004, 3:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

anggraeni is just really niceanggraeni is just really niceanggraeni is just really niceanggraeni is just really niceanggraeni is just really niceanggraeni is just really niceanggraeni is just really niceanggraeni is just really nice

What a good news to read today! I am so glad to hear from you. That was a smooth nice one.

Myself, I am still waiting for the fingerprinting appointment. I sent my file back in August, still no mail from them until today...

Have a nice day,
Anggraeni
Old Jan 6th 2004, 1:01 am
Wolfie

Just want to make a correction here. In your message you posted the
following..."Emphasised about making sure to file for removal in the 90 day
grace period
before the 2 years are up, you can now do this online"

I think you misunderstood this. The I-751 should be filed in the 90 days
before the 2nd anniversary of becoming a CPR.... And you may be able to
download the forms and fill them out online, but according to the USCIS
website http://uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/index.htm they are NOT
available for electronic filling. Since we just went through that, I would
have loved to have been able to file online!

Congratulations, and while you wait to file the I-751 read the posts here on
what to file with that form so you are prepared.
"JacquelineH" <member11286@british_expats.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Hello again,
    > All went well and very quickly at our AOS interview.
    > We got there early (way too early 6.30, sheesh, but heyho )
    > they opened the doors around 7.15, a guy asked for anyone with
    > appointments and we were first into the waiting room.
    > Waited for another ten minutes or so and were called in.
    > I had brought all original documents i.e passports, marriage and
    > birthcertificates, tax docs, health papers, employment verification,
    > social security cards and extra photo's. These I had placed in a
    > separate envelope for each of us and then had another large envelope for
    > each of us with copies of the originals in them and also had evidence of
    > marriage items, photo's etc etc.
    > A very polite and efficient lady, asked us to raise our right hands and
    > swear to tell the truth. She then proceeded to view the original
    > documents, took any more copies needed from the envelopes I had
    > provided. Took back our EAD cards and the kids AP documents, as we would
    > no longer need them. Explained the conditions of our 2 year green card.
    > Asked the kids if how they liked America and if they had any babies (
    > made them blush ). Asked me if I had been married before and all the
    > standard questions about terrorism and prostitution and so forth, which
    > she asked us to just answer yes or no.. Printed out a form each for
    > Michael , myself and the girls to sign regarding the conditional
    > greencard and its expiry date.
    > Emphasised about making sure to file for removal in the 90 day grace
    > period before the 2 years are up, you can now do this online. Stamped
    > our passports.
    > Congratulated us on receiving our conditional residency.
    > It took approx 30 minutes in all, most of which was spent adding papers
    > to the files already there. She did not seem to need to look at any
    > other evidence we had brought along.
    > A very nice quiet and speedy short time. It does indeed help to have
    > things organised and ready to hand over.
    > So many thanks again all.
    > Mike and I are grateful for the advice we have been able to glean from
    > everyone here. Also if anyone needs anykind of help from us please
    > email anytime.
    > Take care all,
    > Jacqueline
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

---
Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).
Version: 6.0.548 / Virus Database: 341 - Release Date: 12/5/2003

Old Jan 6th 2004, 2:17 am
Just Joined

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Wolfie
grace period

Hello again,
I meant exactly that when I wrote about the 90 day grace period, as that is what the officer said to me, that it was the amount of time we had to file for removal of conditions prior to the 2nd ( or 2 year) anniversary, not before that 90 days nor later than the 2 year date.
As for her comment about being able to file online, you are probably correct, maybe she meant that regarding downloading and filling in the forms. I just took it that she meant actual filing as she said it made things easier.
Old Jan 6th 2004, 2:42 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE]Originally posted by JacquelineH
Originally posted by Wolfie
grace period

Hello again,
I meant exactly that when I wrote about the 90 day grace period, as that is what the officer said to me, that it was the amount of time we had to file for removal of conditions prior to the 2nd ( or 2 year) anniversary, not before that 90 days nor later than the 2 year date.
As for her comment about being able to file online, you are probably correct, maybe she meant that regarding downloading and filling in the forms. I just took it that she meant actual filing as she said it made things easier.
I understood what you meant quite clearly. As for filing online, while not available today, you never know but in one year and 9 months it might be available for you to do that online. But a little hard to send evidence with the I-751 in that manner of filing.

Congratulations on your success and welcome to the new scenery along the yellow brick road to LPR.

Note that you are eligible to apply for US naturalization if you wish two years less 90 days from today.

Rete
Old Jan 6th 2004, 4:44 am
Forum Regular

janousek is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations Jacqueline...

I'm gonna get drunk tonight for your success.

Cheers!

-Janousek
Old Jan 6th 2004, 6:32 am
Squire

In article <[email protected]>, sphyrapicus
<member18745@british_expats.com> writes
    >Originally posted by JacquelineH
    >> Oh ok,
    >> I just thought it had not gone onto the newsgroup message board as I
    >> could not find it there . Apologies.
    >No apologies needed. It takes a while to post on the usenet. Somtimes
    >more than 4 hours!

My usenet postings take mere seconds. You are referring to the OP
posting via google.com, a web-based connection.

--
squire
Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others. (Groucho)

Old Jan 6th 2004, 12:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by Squire
In article <[email protected]>, sphyrapicus
<member18745@british_expats.com> writes
    >Originally posted by JacquelineH
    >> Oh ok,
    >> I just thought it had not gone onto the newsgroup message board as I
    >> could not find it there . Apologies.
    >No apologies needed. It takes a while to post on the usenet. Somtimes
    >more than 4 hours!

My usenet postings take mere seconds. You are referring to the OP
posting via google.com, a web-based connection.
No, I'm referring to the time it takes from the point someone posts a message on BritishExpats until it appears on the usenet. It takes several hours.
Old Jan 6th 2004, 12:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by Rete
Note that you are eligible to apply for US naturalization if you wish two years less 90 days from today.

Rete
I think you meant to say "three" where you said "two". Eligibility for naturalization through marriage is 3 years less 90 days from the time PR status is obtained.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.