Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

AOS cancelled/ Criminal record Worries

AOS cancelled/ Criminal record Worries

Old Sep 7th 2005, 2:52 am
Forum Regular

Myharris has a brilliant futureMyharris has a brilliant futureMyharris has a brilliant futureMyharris has a brilliant futureMyharris has a brilliant futureMyharris has a brilliant futureMyharris has a brilliant futureMyharris has a brilliant future
Default AOS cancelled/ Criminal record Worries

AOS was cancelled .. .should have been 3 days ago.. no worries there as I am coming to my 2year anniversary in few days, after that I'll get my congress woman on them... during my K3 process in London .. got arrested with some guys for a misunderstanding.. .thought we was trying to change counterfiet money. was released without charge and money return (money was mistakenly left in my friend pocket and put in the wash). told the interviewer in the U.S consulate about it and he said it was no problem and visa was issue even though it was said on the police report (kindred Offence).
donno what that means and if its not gonna be a problem at my AOS interview!
Old Sep 7th 2005, 3:33 am
Shocked of Redmond

nettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AOS cancelled/ Criminal record Worries

Originally Posted by Myharris
AOS was cancelled .. .should have been 3 days ago.. no worries there as I am coming to my 2year anniversary in few days, after that I'll get my congress woman on them... during my K3 process in London .. got arrested with some guys for a misunderstanding.. .thought we was trying to change counterfiet money. was released without charge and money return (money was mistakenly left in my friend pocket and put in the wash). told the interviewer in the U.S consulate about it and he said it was no problem and visa was issue even though it was said on the police report (kindred Offence).
donno what that means and if its not gonna be a problem at my AOS interview!
Shouldn't be a problem. Arrest with no subsequent charges happens all the time, and isn't a real problem. I wouldn't worry if I were you...
Old Sep 7th 2005, 9:31 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by nettlebed
Shouldn't be a problem. Arrest with no subsequent charges happens all the time, and isn't a real problem. I wouldn't worry if I were you...
Hi:

I agree.

However, one caveat not applicable here: an arrest without conviction on drug charges CAN cause problems.

General rule: for criminal violation -- alien must either have been convicted or admit all the elements of the crime.

Drug offenses -- convicted, admissoin, or consul/CIS has good reason to believe an offense was committed.
Old Sep 7th 2005, 7:11 pm
Forum Regular

Myharris has a brilliant futureMyharris has a brilliant futureMyharris has a brilliant futureMyharris has a brilliant futureMyharris has a brilliant futureMyharris has a brilliant futureMyharris has a brilliant futureMyharris has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

I agree.

However, one caveat not applicable here: an arrest without conviction on drug charges CAN cause problems.

General rule: for criminal violation -- alien must either have been convicted or admit all the elements of the crime.

Drug offenses -- convicted, admissoin, or consul/CIS has good reason to believe an offense was committed.
Thanks, just worried because this document process been a rocky one for me, nothing ever goes straight....
AOS cancelled yet stilll no new letter informing us of another date, our congress woman been a great help to us will let her know about it after my second anniversary on the 17th, and maybe we could do an Infopass and see what happens. Will love to just get the LPR and put all the paperwork on hold for now.
Old Sep 8th 2005, 5:07 am
Forum Regular

bantik2005 has a spectacular aura aboutbantik2005 has a spectacular aura aboutbantik2005 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Myharris
Thanks, just worried because this document process been a rocky one for me, nothing ever goes straight....
AOS cancelled yet stilll no new letter informing us of another date, our congress woman been a great help to us will let her know about it after my second anniversary on the 17th, and maybe we could do an Infopass and see what happens. Will love to just get the LPR and put all the paperwork on hold for now.
It seems that it is has been happening pretty often lately.
But then all cancelled interviews are turning into success stories after all.
So, dont feel down you going to be just fine!
good luck!