Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

AOS & Birth Certificate ---- Help pls

AOS & Birth Certificate ---- Help pls

Old May 9th 2001, 11:54 pm
GBOLAFALAD

I will be filing our AOS at the BOSTON's office of INS. My fiancee brought just one
certified copy of her birth certificate. Can someone tell me if a photocopy of this
certified copy will be accepted or if INS only accept certified copy.

Thanks

Old May 10th 2001, 12:11 am
Daisy

Are you filing by mail or in person? If by mail send a copy....if in person take
the original.

Daisy

>
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old May 10th 2001, 1:47 am
Ben Johnson

I would not take the original even then.....

Have it ready for the interview if called for, but don't give the INS your only copy.

Ben

--
[email protected]

>
person
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

[usenetquote2]> > I will be filing our AOS at the BOSTON's office of INS. My fiancee brought just[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > one certified copy of her birth certificate. Can someone tell me if a photocopy[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > of this certified copy will be accepted or if INS only accept certified copy.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Thanks[/usenetquote2]

Old May 10th 2001, 1:57 am
Daisy

If he applies in person and they ask for the original, which they very may well ask
for...you had better have it on you somewhere. They'll make a copy, they won't keep
the original one.

Daisy

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

[usenetquote2]> > Are you filing by mail or in person? If by mail send a copy....if in[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > take the original.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Daisy[/usenetquote2]

[usenetquote2]> > > I will be filing our AOS at the BOSTON's office of INS. My fiancee brought just[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > one certified copy of her birth certificate. Can someone tell me if a photocopy[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > of this certified copy will be accepted or if INS only accept certified copy.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > Thanks[/usenetquote2]
    >

Old May 11th 2001, 12:42 am
billypilgrim

Just a thought, but you may want to have your fiancee send to his/her homeland for
another copy to keep in a safe deposit box here. It is something that may be needed
in the future, and if the one copy is lost and you need it in an emergency, it may be
tough to get on short notice.

Beth

----------

>
    >
    >
    >
    >