Wikiposts

AOS in Atlanta

Old Aug 17th 2004, 8:05 am
K1 via London

Steffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Atlanta AOS/EAD......my updates

Originally Posted by JJ&ST
One finger print,signature scanned and some data input on the PC and that was it !!! Told to expect EAD Card in the mail in few days time. Another step put behind.

Mailed off the AOS fingerprint fee and to wait appointment to appear there again soon. Grateful to God that things are moving on ,hopefully to begin work soon. Man this waiting kills.
Wait, I'm confused...did you send in two fingerprinting fees? One for EAD and one for AOS? So you only got the FP for EAD done when you went in?
When I went to the Buford Hwy Office I got both done at the same time (and only paid the fee once)!
Old Aug 17th 2004, 10:46 am
Forum Regular

JJ&ST is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Steffi
Wait, I'm confused...did you send in two fingerprinting fees? One for EAD and one for AOS? So you only got the FP for EAD done when you went in?
When I went to the Buford Hwy Office I got both done at the same time (and only paid the fee once)!

AOS FP is only one time. If you sent in your $70 along with AOS/EAD filling,then you can do the AOS FP same time with EAD biometrics. But I sent the FP fee later. So thats why.

However,note that no instruction in the initial submission stated that you must send $70 FP along.

Hast du mir richtig verstanden?(deutsch) You understand me well?

Nevertheless, people tend to misunderstand EAD biometrics to mean same as actual FP.That is not correct.

In EAD you only do one thumb print. But in AOS FP it should be something similar to what i did b4 my Consulate interview in Lagos.,ie all 10 fingers.

I did not include the $70 FP initially because the officer at Atlanta INS told me that if I had done FP in my country b4 my visa was issued that I may not require another.That the FP report would be in my Brown Envelope !! As you can see it did not work that way.

Last edited by JJ&ST; Aug 17th 2004 at 10:57 am.
Old Aug 17th 2004, 11:19 am
BE Enthusiast

LucyMO has a spectacular aura aboutLucyMO has a spectacular aura aboutLucyMO has a spectacular aura about

If you are in Atlanta, why are you sending AOS FP fee to Chicago???????
Old Aug 18th 2004, 4:36 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by LucyMO
If you are in Atlanta, why are you sending AOS FP fee to Chicago???????

To correct you, I "sent" not "send". Because the letter said so ( US BCIS P.O. Box ----- Chicago, IL. And I have no problem with that. You didn't read my other posts above? It doesn't make sense repeating what I said before.

I have received acknowledgement from them and told to schedule FP appt. Appt is next week.

Am still visiting in Houston.

Last edited by JJ&ST; Aug 18th 2004 at 4:44 am.
Old Aug 18th 2004, 6:35 am
BE Enthusiast

LucyMO has a spectacular aura aboutLucyMO has a spectacular aura aboutLucyMO has a spectacular aura about

Geez, excuse my grammar. No need to be nasty, though. I have been participating in this topic for a long time, and I read all of your responses. You never indicated that BCIS requested that you send FP fee to Chicago. You simply stated that you sent it there, but went through biometrics in Atlanta. So, naturally, I was curious.
Old Aug 18th 2004, 6:42 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by LucyMO
Geez, excuse my grammar. No need to be nasty, though. I have been participating in this topic for a long time, and I read all of your responses. You never indicated that BCIS requested that you send FP fee to Chicago. You simply stated that you sent it there, but went through biometrics in Atlanta. So, naturally, I was curious.

Sorry, the recent update was on the visajourney. I thought it was here. But there was no need for name calling. Glad you now know why. Thanks.

Last edited by JJ&ST; Aug 18th 2004 at 6:44 am.
Old Aug 18th 2004, 11:55 am
K1 via London

Steffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JJ&ST
AOS FP is only one time. If you sent in your $70 along with AOS/EAD filling,then you can do the AOS FP same time with EAD biometrics. But I sent the FP fee later. So thats why.

However,note that no instruction in the initial submission stated that you must send $70 FP along.

Hast du mir richtig verstanden?(deutsch) You understand me well?

Nevertheless, people tend to misunderstand EAD biometrics to mean same as actual FP.That is not correct.

In EAD you only do one thumb print. But in AOS FP it should be something similar to what i did b4 my Consulate interview in Lagos.,ie all 10 fingers.

I did not include the $70 FP initially because the officer at Atlanta INS told me that if I had done FP in my country b4 my visa was issued that I may not require another.That the FP report would be in my Brown Envelope !! As you can see it did not work that way.
I got both EAD and AOS done at the same time...they just did all my fingers and then stamped both forms. So I presume that means I have everything done as far as FP goes!! I guess you can never be sure with the USCIS though...
Old Nov 4th 2004, 1:52 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: Update: AOS/EAD in Atlanta

My EAD card arrived in the mail today Nov.4. it was approved online on Nov 2