Wikiposts

AOS in Atlanta

Old Jun 30th 2004, 4:07 pm
Forum Regular

JJ&ST is an unknown quantity at this point
Default AOS in Atlanta

Hi all,

I am currently preparing the AOS and EAD forms which I will submit together next week.

But we have a question on the AOS requesting "current occupation"? should I write "unemployed",since am not working yet.

Also do i pay the fees in cash?

JJ
Old Jun 30th 2004, 4:48 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AOS in Atlanta

Originally posted by JJ&ST
Hi all,

I am currently preparing the AOS and EAD forms which I will submit together next week.

But we have a question on the AOS requesting "current occupation"? should I write "unemployed",since am not working yet.

Also do i pay the fees in cash?

JJ
Unemployed should be fine
As for the fees, Do NOT mail any cash, pay with check or money order
Good Luck!!
Old Jul 1st 2004, 4:09 am
BE Enthusiast

LucyMO has a spectacular aura aboutLucyMO has a spectacular aura aboutLucyMO has a spectacular aura about

yes, and as I found out yesterday, they only accept AOS applications by mail. No walk-ins anymore.
Old Jul 19th 2004, 3:24 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by LucyMO
yes, and as I found out yesterday, they only accept AOS applications by mail. No walk-ins anymore.

I collected application forms for AOS and EAD including required dcuments list and filing fees from Atlanta office. But nothing was mentioned about Biometrics and its $70 fee. So when will this come up?

I was told to send forms back by mail.

I have read the EAD timeline for others on the Atlanta route...30 to 90 days. Man thats frustrating !!!! I will soon complete 90 days on 8/1/04. So I have to wait another 90 days b4 I can work???? Making all six months !!!!!

When can one get Interim EAD? Wao !! this staying at home can be killing!!!!
Old Jul 19th 2004, 11:37 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

I collected application forms for AOS and EAD including required dcuments list and filing fees from Atlanta office. But nothing was mentioned about Biometrics and its $70 fee. So when will this come up?

I was told to send forms back by mail.

I have read the EAD timeline for others on the Atlanta route...30 to 90 days. Man thats frustrating !!!! I will soon complete 90 days on 8/1/04. So I have to wait another 90 days b4 I can work???? Making all six months !!!!!

When can one get Interim EAD? Wao !! this staying at home can be killing!!!!
You can get an interim EAD in Atlanta after 90 days has passed from your first NOA for the EAD. Mu husband got his interim from Atlanta in February, it was good for 8 months.
The biometrics will be done at their facility on Buford Highway.
Old Jul 20th 2004, 1:20 am
BE Enthusiast

LucyMO has a spectacular aura aboutLucyMO has a spectacular aura aboutLucyMO has a spectacular aura about

yes, you have to enclose a check for $70 biometric fee with your AOS application. My apps were forwarded to NBC right away, and their EAD backlog is from February. My current EAD expires soon too, way before i can get an interim.

By the way, do I get an interim EAD 90 days from the "Application Received" date or "Notice date"? Coz there's a half a month difference between them.
Old Jul 20th 2004, 1:59 am
Forum Regular

AMonica76 will become famous soon enough

You can get your interim on the 91 day after the date in your NOA.

NBC has a bigger backlog than you mentioned, I havent recieved AP or EAD and I have NOA recvg. date of 1/06/04. I have heard also that some people with dates od Dec also are still waiting.

I just got my interim EAD, the officer couldnt even tell if I would be able to get my AP for dec 04! can you believe it??? she said the backlog is huge.

bye bye

yes, you have to enclose a check for $70 biometric fee with your AOS application. My apps were forwarded to NBC right away, and their EAD backlog is from February. My current EAD expires soon too, way before i can get an interim.

By the way, do I get an interim EAD 90 days from the "Application Received" date or "Notice date"? Coz there's a half a month difference between them.
Old Jul 20th 2004, 2:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by AMonica76
You can get your interim on the 91 day after the date in your NOA.
Yes, I know that, but my NOA has two dates: Application received date and Notice date. Which one do I use to count out 90 days? there is 15 day difference between them.
Old Jul 20th 2004, 1:30 pm
Forum Regular

AMonica76 will become famous soon enough

Yes, I know that, but my NOA has two dates: Application received date and Notice date. Which one do I use to count out 90 days? there is 15 day difference between them.

That's true! I'm sorry, I didnt understand before... As far as I know it is Notice Date.

Regards,
Old Jul 20th 2004, 1:50 pm
Forum Regular

buffalo24 is an unknown quantity at this point

You used the Received Date to count the 90 days.
Old Aug 4th 2004, 1:34 am
Forum Regular

Default Update: AOS/EAD in Atlanta

NOA for the AOS/EAD received Aug 2. I called and scheduled Biometrics appointment for Aug 5 at the Application Support Center(ASC) at Buford Hwy. I will mail out the $70 Fingerprint fee same day.

JJ

Last edited by JJ&ST; Aug 4th 2004 at 1:38 am.
Old Aug 5th 2004, 1:38 pm
Forum Regular

Default Atlanta AOS/EAD......my updates

Biometrics done today. The service was very nice and fast at the Buford Hwy office. Arrived 15 mins b4 my 8am appointment. Long line already with about 80 persons in my front. By 8am it had grown longer.

One finger print,signature scanned and some data input on the PC and that was it !!! Told to expect EAD Card in the mail in few days time. Another step put behind.

Mailed off the AOS fingerprint fee and to wait appointment to appear there again soon. Grateful to God that things are moving on ,hopefully to begin work soon. Man this waiting kills.

Last edited by JJ&ST; Aug 5th 2004 at 1:48 pm.
Old Aug 5th 2004, 1:41 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Atlanta AOS/EAD......my updates

Biometrics done today. The service was very nice and fast at the Buford Hwy office. Arrived 15 mins b4 my 8am appointment. Long line already with about 80 persons in my front. By 8am it had grown longer.

One finger print,signature scanned and some data input on the PC and that was it !!! Told to expect Card in the mail in few days time. Another step put behind.

Mailed off the AOS fingerprint fee and to wait appointment to appear there again soon. Grateful to God that things are moving on ,hopefully to begin work soon. Man this waiting kills.
What card? the EAD?, You have just applied!, If they send you the card soon I am gonna flip out LOL.
I am glad to hear the biometrics experience was a breeze
Take care!!
Old Aug 15th 2004, 4:55 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: Update: AOS/EAD in Atlanta

The check number for the $70 FP fee sent to BCIS in Chicago on 8/5/04 has been cleared on Friday 8/13/04. Online banking indicates. Fine, things are on course.
Old Aug 16th 2004, 6:07 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: Update: AOS/EAD in Atlanta

A letter arrived today from BCIS Chicago acknowledging receipt of my FP fee and requesting me to schedule appt for FP.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.