Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

AOS "approved" but not quite...

AOS "approved" but not quite...

Old Mar 18th 2005, 12:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Peter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond reputePeter Newton has a reputation beyond repute
Default AOS "approved" but not quite...

Hello folks

Well, the interview went really well today. The DAO said he has going to approve us, but there was a slight problem. You might remember I have 3 A numbers - my EAD and AP have different numbers... so he has to find the files and merge them before he can approve the case (apparently they are in Missouri). But he did assure us that once he had done this we would be approved! He took the I-94 and told us to watch for the "Welcome to America" letter in the mail.

He never asked about the fingerprints expiring - I didn't manage to get a new set done before the interview (have a March 31 appt.) So I guess we'll see what happens...

I'll post full details on Monday, am dashing off to Atlantic City for the weekend... wish me luck on the roulette table!

Cheers
Peter
Old Mar 18th 2005, 12:27 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AOS "approved" but not quite...

Nice one

Have a good trip
Old Mar 18th 2005, 12:39 am
Forum Regular

Suess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to allSuess is a name known to all

Congratulations...............

Good Luck on the tables........

Sue
Old Mar 18th 2005, 3:14 am
Forum Regular

Ndori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Peter Newton
Hello folks

Well, the interview went really well today. The DAO said he has going to approve us, but there was a slight problem. You might remember I have 3 A numbers - my EAD and AP have different numbers... so he has to find the files and merge them before he can approve the case (apparently they are in Missouri). But he did assure us that once he had done this we would be approved! He took the I-94 and told us to watch for the "Welcome to America" letter in the mail.

He never asked about the fingerprints expiring - I didn't manage to get a new set done before the interview (have a March 31 appt.) So I guess we'll see what happens...

I'll post full details on Monday, am dashing off to Atlantic City for the weekend... wish me luck on the roulette table!

Cheers
Peter
Congrats Peter! on the downside, I had my interview in May 2004 in NYC, and am still waiting due to the fact that my fingerprints were registered under a different A# and therefore the name check was never triggered...since September 04 CIS people promissed to merge the files in order to complete the background check...here I am still waiting nearly 11 months after the interview....
By the way I already contacted everybody, my congressman, the ombudsman...each time I get the same answer "CIS promissed to merge the file, as soon as it is done you'll be fine"...a bunch of jokers!

Lets hope they do merge yours quicker than mine! ( in my case we are only talking about 2 different A numbers!!!)
Old Mar 18th 2005, 5:11 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Peter Newton
Hello folks

Cheers
Peter
Thanks for your post Peter!!.
I can't wait to hear the details and the "full" approval
Have fun!!
Old Mar 18th 2005, 2:14 pm
K1 via London

Steffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond repute

Yay! Congrats on your almost-approval!
Old Mar 18th 2005, 2:20 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations!
Old Mar 18th 2005, 3:19 pm
Forum Regular

manhattanmoon is an unknown quantity at this point

Good luck at slot machines, Peter!

Would appreciate if you could include how to get to GC office, if they provide or allow interpreters and medical reports in your details. Thanks