Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

AOS Approval Without Interview LA

AOS Approval Without Interview LA

Old Sep 8th 2005, 8:22 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AOS Approval Without Interview LA

Originally Posted by JJ&ST
Thanks, your recommendation and my enquiry responses and are well noted. My 2nd anniversary comes up Jun 12, 06. Will consider filing 751 within 90 days b4 the date.
Sorry, just to clarify....you mean the 2nd anniversary of receiving your GC, right? Not your marriage.

You should file for removal of conditions in 2 years minus 90 days (that 90 day window) from the date you became a PR.

Rene
Old Sep 8th 2005, 8:32 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

JJ&ST,

Thanks, your recommendation and my enquiry responses and are well noted. My 2nd anniversary comes up Jun 12, 06. Will consider filing 751 within 90 days b4 the date.
Better to consider filing sometime within 90 days of August 27 2007? (Or slightly earlier - what's the 'PR since' date on your card?)

Also i was reading the sections referenced by Folinyka. ....the was an option that the attorney general could dispenses cases. Hence,this recent approval w/o interviews or b4 2nd anniversary might be exceptional cases.
I saw a reference that Mr.F provided that allowed the interview to be dispensed with. I missed the reference that allowed conditions to be dispensed with for marriages that are less than 2 years in duration.

Regards, JEff
Old Sep 8th 2005, 9:46 pm
Forum Regular

JJ&ST is an unknown quantity at this point

Alright 2yrs minus 90 days to the date i became a PR and not the wedding anniversary. Got ya! Wow thats in Jun '07.

Hi Jeff.... look the Sections 216 read all sub-sections. It did not say specifically less than 2yrs neither did it give any amount of years right?

Last edited by JJ&ST; Sep 8th 2005 at 9:50 pm.
Old Sep 8th 2005, 10:15 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Attn: Noorah and Foliyinska

Reference to your comment on my case of receiving a GC before my 2nd anniversary. I have two collaborating references. One, I made an InfoPass on 8/7/05 to the Atlanta Office to speak with an Immigration Officer. he told me thats its not unusual to approve cases or to receive GC before 2nd anniversary. He said that it depends on the case and reasons to warrant a GC without conditions. That he does not know the reason for my case. That all they can do make an inquiry. But that as I receive a GC without any 2yr condition that the GC remains valid for 10 years as stated. That I have no reason to file any Removal of condition when one was not placed. that it will never be an issue during my N-400 because there was no condition. He said I can only have problem during N-400 if i had 2yr condition and failed to remove condition at the right time.

Secondly, I succeeded today getting through to the INS, 800 number The officer said that if I have 10 yrs granted to me without condition, then that is it. That I can only file a removal if I got 2yrs. That such cases of waiving condition is not unusual.That there must be a reason. This collaborated the InfoPass visit.

Based on the two enquiries and responses, do you two guys have anything more to offer ?
Hi:

I would not trust what the InfoPass people said nor the 800 number. Remember that when you apply for naturalization everything is subject to review. And even if you get through naturalization, it can come back to bite you.

When there is an error in you admission to permanent residence, it CAN be revisited later.
Old Sep 8th 2005, 11:14 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CaliforniaBride
I've seen mentioned on here that California have recently been approving AOS applications without interview. Anyone know how true that is?

And if so, does that speed up the process?
Dang girl for a moment I though You got approved without an interview!!
Giving karma back to ya!!
Old Sep 9th 2005, 2:48 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

JJ&ST,

Right, as far as I can tell. Section 216 does not specify any length of marriage less than which conditions apply or more than which conditions do not apply. It simply says, in (a)(1), that an alien spouse, son, or daughter, will have conditional PR status when PR status is granted. The rest of the section then goes on to specify the various terms and conditions applicable to conditional status.

The situations where conditional status does not apply must be contained in other section(s) of the INA? And again, I did not see where Mr.F provided reference to that issue or those sections in this thread.

Reagrds, JEff

Alright 2yrs minus 90 days to the date i became a PR and not the wedding anniversary. Got ya! Wow thats in Jun '07.

Hi Jeff.... look the Sections 216 read all sub-sections. It did not say specifically less than 2yrs neither did it give any amount of years right?
Old Sep 10th 2005, 12:27 am
CA to TX to Jamaica

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hypertweeky
Dang girl for a moment I though You got approved without an interview!!
Giving karma back to ya!!
LOL No such luck. Got fingerprints end of this month and then it's back to waiting for an interview date. Nice to see you. And what happened to the karma
Old Sep 10th 2005, 4:52 pm
Forum Regular

MiniBrit has a reputation beyond reputeMiniBrit has a reputation beyond reputeMiniBrit has a reputation beyond reputeMiniBrit has a reputation beyond reputeMiniBrit has a reputation beyond reputeMiniBrit has a reputation beyond reputeMiniBrit has a reputation beyond reputeMiniBrit has a reputation beyond reputeMiniBrit has a reputation beyond reputeMiniBrit has a reputation beyond reputeMiniBrit has a reputation beyond repute

someone on VJ posted yesterday that they recieved their greencard without interview!

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/in...howtopic=58646
Old Sep 10th 2005, 10:04 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MiniBrit
someone on VJ posted yesterday that they recieved their greencard without interview!

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/in...howtopic=58646

Thanks for the information. I am glad that am not alone in the GC windfall for selected K-1s recently.
Old Sep 11th 2005, 2:28 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the information. I am glad that am not alone in the GC windfall for selected K-1s recently.

It is not recent. It has been happening for a few years. But the occurences are rare.

As for the CPR status, there are several here who have interviewed AFTER their second wedding anniversary and because they were K-1 recipients they were NOT given LPR status but CPR status instead. So there, too, is a variance on the hard and fast rule.
Old Sep 11th 2005, 4:26 pm
CA to TX to Jamaica

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute

Seems to have sped up the process. Took 3 months to get the card, that's much quicker than usual. Lucky!
Old Sep 11th 2005, 7:46 pm

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

LOL No such luck. Got fingerprints end of this month and then it's back to waiting for an interview date. Nice to see you. And what happened to the karma
It says I need to spread some more karma!! Sorry!
Old Sep 13th 2005, 9:43 pm
CA to TX to Jamaica

Originally Posted by Hypertweeky
It says I need to spread some more karma!! Sorry!
That's ok. I've sent you some anyway. Which means I haven't sent you any in a while. Enjoy
Old Sep 14th 2005, 3:42 am

That's ok. I've sent you some anyway. Which means I haven't sent you any in a while. Enjoy
Thanks girlie! I will give you a good dose once I am replenished..
Old Sep 18th 2005, 1:53 am
Forum Regular

Talking Re: AOS Approval Without Interview LA

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

I would not trust what the InfoPass people said nor the 800 number. Remember that when you apply for naturalization everything is subject to review. And even if you get through naturalization, it can come back to bite you.

When there is an error in you admission to permanent residence, it CAN be
revisited later.

I have read ten posts in visajourney of people that have also received GC without interview and less than two years of marriage;. Mr. F do you still consider it an INS error like you said "error in admission to permanent resident" ? or a pilot program to clear backlogs?

Last edited by JJ&ST; Sep 18th 2005 at 1:57 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.