AOS approval (kinda) LONG

Wikiposts

AOS approval (kinda) LONG

Old Aug 11th 2004, 5:27 pm
Forum Regular

hoosier wannabe is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile AOS approval (kinda) LONG

Hey,

Well i had my AOS interview in Indianapolis yesterday and was approved providing i send in some more information (co sponsors birth certificate and 2000 W2).

So we set off from our home in Columbus, IN at 8.30am and arrived in Indy at alittle after 9.30am. Thinking we had PLENTY of time which we did we didnt stress............ until it got to 10am and STILL couldnt find a car parking space! We ended up parking in a parking lot on the corner of Illinois and Michigan.......... street not State Its about a 15 min walk to the sub office!

Got there with 5 mins to spare, handed in the interview appointment letter and sat down.......... and waited........... and waited.......... and waited....... until maybe 11.40 when we were called back to some office. i had to sign this peice or paper front and back and had my right index finger printed both on the front and back of that same paper.

we were then moved into an office and asked to raise our right hand and do the whole telling the truth deal, that was kinda weird and fun all at the same time (reminded me of a court thingy).

We took a seat and the officer introduced herself as officer Jones. She was nice enough. She hardly asked us any questions and what she did ask my wife was quick to step in and offer an answer!

Questions she asked were: How we met? Did i have a job and what did i do?

Other then that, Officer Jones went through our paprework and confirmed the details. We were asked for: Proof or realtionship- we handed her: joint renters lease, joint bank accounts statements, electric bill and proof that i was on my wifes insurance. We were also asked for the cosponsers birth certificate which we didnt have and also his 2000 or 2003 W2 which we didnt have either (we just took the tax return not the w2)!

We were pretty much prepared for most things, taking with us all of the other evidence it asked for on the appointment letter. the officer hardly wanted anything, she said we had a really basic and simple case and once she received the 2 peices of evidence through the mail, she would approve our case, call me back to the office (sigh) and she will stamp my passport, take away my ead and arrange the greencard to be mailed to me.

The officer said that the card would be with me within 9 months but she also said that they were processing them really fast so it would be shorter! Having read this forum and watching a few ppl receive theirs, im wondering if mine would come quick to.

So that was my experience.......... oh wait.......... one more thing........ while i was waiting in the waiting area i over heard one of the lawyers talking, seemed hed gone with his client to his aos interview and i guess the lawyer came out but the client didnt. Something to do with the client having deprotation proceedings?! Scared the crap out of me! I just find myself very lucky that all i got was a request for more evidence......... then comes an approval! Thank Goodness!

Thanks to all those that have helped me in one way or another and if anyone going through Indy and wants anymore info, lemme know. My experience was very painless and reletivley quick. i was in Bob Evans by 12

Cheers!
Shaun

ps this is MY experience..........this is not nescessarily how YOUR interview will go, so be very prepared!
Old Aug 11th 2004, 5:48 pm

RussianGirl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: AOS approval (kinda) LONG

Yay!!! Congratulations!!!!
Old Aug 12th 2004, 1:07 am
Welsh Wife

JohnCindy is on a distinguished road

[QUOTE=hoosier wannabe]Hey,

Awwwwwwww we are soooooooooo happy for you Hoosier!! Well done!! Have a great holiday from USCIS

John & Cindy

(still awaiting background checks )
Old Aug 12th 2004, 1:13 am
BE Forum Addict

HunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats!

Elaine
Old Aug 12th 2004, 3:05 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Shaun,

Congratulations.

PLEASE post your experience here:
< http://www.kamya.com/interview/intro.html >

Originally Posted by hoosier wannabe
Hey,

Well i had my AOS interview in Indianapolis yesterday and was approved ...

Cheers!
Shaun
Old Aug 12th 2004, 12:26 pm
Forum Regular

hoosier wannabe is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
Shaun,

Congratulations.

PLEASE post your experience here:
< http://www.kamya.com/interview/intro.html >
thanks jeffreyhy! just did that now! i hope it saved, it was all new to me.

Thanks everyone else for their warm wishes....... having got the stamp yet but im working on getting the info from my cosponser and then will send it all early next week. I'll keep ya updated as and when i found out more.

Cheers
Shaun