Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

AOS Another dumb question

AOS Another dumb question

Old May 23rd 2009, 8:14 pm
Forum Regular

muni is a name known to allmuni is a name known to allmuni is a name known to allmuni is a name known to allmuni is a name known to allmuni is a name known to allmuni is a name known to allmuni is a name known to allmuni is a name known to allmuni is a name known to allmuni is a name known to all
Default AOS Another dumb question

This may sound a bit dense but i am trying to be super efficient, still trying to find a civil surgeon who doesnt want to go over me with a fine tooth comb.
But my question is can i see the civil surgeon and get the form I-693 completed before i am married or do i have to wait until afterwards.
I am here on a k1
Old May 23rd 2009, 9:32 pm
Forum Regular

BigBarry is just really niceBigBarry is just really niceBigBarry is just really niceBigBarry is just really niceBigBarry is just really niceBigBarry is just really niceBigBarry is just really niceBigBarry is just really niceBigBarry is just really niceBigBarry is just really nice
Default Re: AOS Another dumb question

I am 99% certain you can get it done anytime. (Can someone confirm)

The most important things they are looking for are that you have had all your immunizations and have no major diseases.

Be prepared to fork out more money to be immunized again if you dont have proof from home of them!
Old May 23rd 2009, 10:00 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by muni
This may sound a bit dense but i am trying to be super efficient, still trying to find a civil surgeon who doesnt want to go over me with a fine tooth comb.
But my question is can i see the civil surgeon and get the form I-693 completed before i am married or do i have to wait until afterwards.
I am here on a k1

You do not need a form I-693 since you had your medical at the time of your K-1 visa. You will need, however, I-693 supplement, which is the completed vaccination report. You may have to hunt around for a doctor will do only the vaccination supplement. There was another post in the last three days that dealt with this. They were advised to bring a copy of the law with them to verify that a full medical is not required.

Not 100% sure about the time issue but can't see where there would be problem.
Old May 23rd 2009, 10:19 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rete
You do not need a form I-693 since you had your medical at the time of your K-1 visa. You will need, however, I-693 supplement, which is the completed vaccination report. You may have to hunt around for a doctor will do only the vaccination supplement. There was another post in the last three days that dealt with this. They were advised to bring a copy of the law with them to verify that a full medical is not required.

Not 100% sure about the time issue but can't see where there would be problem.
Rete:

Page 3 of the June 2008 version of the I-693 has replaced the old supplement.
Old May 24th 2009, 3:31 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Rete:

Page 3 of the June 2008 version of the I-693 has replaced the old supplement.
....and it doesn't matter if you get it done before or after marriage, as long as you include what you need with the AOS paperwork.

Rene
Old May 24th 2009, 7:50 pm
Forum Regular

muni is a name known to allmuni is a name known to allmuni is a name known to allmuni is a name known to allmuni is a name known to allmuni is a name known to allmuni is a name known to allmuni is a name known to allmuni is a name known to allmuni is a name known to allmuni is a name known to all

Thanks everyone for your replies and advice