Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

AOS Almost approved in Garden City

AOS Almost approved in Garden City

Old Aug 26th 2005, 2:16 pm
Forum Regular

jujubar has a spectacular aura aboutjujubar has a spectacular aura aboutjujubar has a spectacular aura about
Default AOS Almost approved in Garden City

Okay where do I start. August 24th.
Our interview was scheduled for 7.31 am. We arrived at about 7.10am. As we were entering the parking lot, we saw what looked to be about 50 people waiting outside the door. First thought was its going to take a half hour to get in the door. Traipsing along with our 30LB box. Got on the line and we though security in about 3 minutes total. Entered the waiting area which is huge by the way. Got on another line to hand in notice. That took about another minute or so. So we took a seat and got ready for along wait.

Well after about 7 minutes my name was called. So off went to follow our DOA to her office. A very friendly Hispanic woman. We entered her office and she immediately told us do not sit until after she has sworn us in. I was aware of this thankfully from reading other interviews so my DH had been forewarned. She asked us if our attorney would be present. When I replied no, she informed me that I had sign a release pertaining to that and that I would not be needing an interpreter. Her and my husband had a little giggle about this. My dear darling made the comment that when we fist met there was times he needed an interpreter. This really broke the ice, she said with her strong accent she need one though. She told us that she was on a 45 day stint in the Garden City office because Garden city is so short staffed. She is actually from the Los Angeles office.

This is were interview really began. She asked for our passports, drivers licences, my old passport which I entered. the country on 1998. I had lost this passport in 2002 so my attorney had requested a replacement I94 when we started this application in 2003. She then asked me when I last entered. Which was in1998. She just made comment “that was a long time ago�. She did not ask anything else regarding my overstay. She requested our 2002, 2003, 2004 Tax returns, our employment letters, a copy of our marriage certificate and our birth certificates. She looked at what I think was my original I485 and asked if was still a Babysitter/Nanny. I replied no, I am now Adminstraitive Assistant. She said okay. She then double checked our phone number and our address.

The next part was the usual questions are you or have you ever been a prostitute, I was aware that might be asked so I had pre-warned my husband but he stilled giggled..The rest
were you ever been convicted of a crime, involved in drug trafficking or used illegal drugs
No, No, No. After that she asked for proof that we had co-mingled finances. So we gave her copies of the past two months statements from our Checking and Savings Accounts, a Copy of the deed from our timeshare and copies of our new car paperwork - Finance Agreement etc.

At this point she said that “ I don’t need to see anymore documents or paper work. I don’t need to see pictures. I can see you two are very real couple.� At this point my husband says to her you have to look at our wedding picture and notice in the post. I guess to soften to blow she was about to give us she looked at it to appease him.

Then she told us that we could not be approved today as my fingerprints had expired on Monday. She apologized for the situation and informed that I should be receiving an notice in the mail to make a new fingerprint appointment. I asked her if there was anyway to expedite this process. Again she apologized that in the garden city it could not be expedited and that it were the L.A. office it could have been done today. She then told us that she became aware of this problem in our file on Monday and that she had spoke to a number of her supervisor to resolve the issue but nothing could be done at his point. She informed us that the interview was over and that it was basically back to the waiting game it really should take to much longer. She walked us out to the main waiting area and commended us on having so much evidence and said that she knew we were genuine the moment she saw the box.

So after 28 months still no light at the end of the tunnel. I’ back to waiting patiently by my mail box. If any body read my post from Wednesday night, I tried to get fingerprints done yesterday the 25th in New Rochelle. I had called the misinformation line on Wednesday evening at about 5.40pm eastern time and secured an appointment for yesterday. So I traveled to ASC in New Rochelle for the appointment. They point blank refused to take my fingerprints reason being that I did not have my letter and because if they took my fingerprints without the letter they would not get paid for my fingerprints. So here is the problem with UCSIS they are using way two many sub-contractors to do there work therefore causing more problems for us.

Sorry this is long but I figured a detailed account would help others more.

I will keep everybody updated on what’s happening.
Old Aug 26th 2005, 2:36 pm
Forum Regular

sap123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: AOS Almost approved in Garden City

Originally Posted by jujubar
Okay where do I start. August 24th.
Our interview was scheduled for 7.31 am. We arrived at about 7.10am. As we were entering the parking lot, we saw what looked to be about 50 people waiting outside the door. First thought was its going to take a half hour to get in the door. Traipsing along with our 30LB box. Got on the line and we though security in about 3 minutes total. Entered the waiting area which is huge by the way. Got on another line to hand in notice. That took about another minute or so. So we took a seat and got ready for along wait.

Well after about 7 minutes my name was called. So off went to follow our DOA to her office. A very friendly Hispanic woman. We entered her office and she immediately told us do not sit until after she has sworn us in. I was aware of this thankfully from reading other interviews so my DH had been forewarned. She asked us if our attorney would be present. When I replied no, she informed me that I had sign a release pertaining to that and that I would not be needing an interpreter. Her and my husband had a little giggle about this. My dear darling made the comment that when we fist met there was times he needed an interpreter. This really broke the ice, she said with her strong accent she need one though. She told us that she was on a 45 day stint in the Garden City office because Garden city is so short staffed. She is actually from the Los Angeles office.

This is were interview really began. She asked for our passports, drivers licences, my old passport which I entered. the country on 1998. I had lost this passport in 2002 so my attorney had requested a replacement I94 when we started this application in 2003. She then asked me when I last entered. Which was in1998. She just made comment “that was a long time ago�. She did not ask anything else regarding my overstay. She requested our 2002, 2003, 2004 Tax returns, our employment letters, a copy of our marriage certificate and our birth certificates. She looked at what I think was my original I485 and asked if was still a Babysitter/Nanny. I replied no, I am now Adminstraitive Assistant. She said okay. She then double checked our phone number and our address.

The next part was the usual questions are you or have you ever been a prostitute, I was aware that might be asked so I had pre-warned my husband but he stilled giggled..The rest
were you ever been convicted of a crime, involved in drug trafficking or used illegal drugs
No, No, No. After that she asked for proof that we had co-mingled finances. So we gave her copies of the past two months statements from our Checking and Savings Accounts, a Copy of the deed from our timeshare and copies of our new car paperwork - Finance Agreement etc.

At this point she said that “ I don’t need to see anymore documents or paper work. I don’t need to see pictures. I can see you two are very real couple.� At this point my husband says to her you have to look at our wedding picture and notice in the post. I guess to soften to blow she was about to give us she looked at it to appease him.

Then she told us that we could not be approved today as my fingerprints had expired on Monday. She apologized for the situation and informed that I should be receiving an notice in the mail to make a new fingerprint appointment. I asked her if there was anyway to expedite this process. Again she apologized that in the garden city it could not be expedited and that it were the L.A. office it could have been done today. She then told us that she became aware of this problem in our file on Monday and that she had spoke to a number of her supervisor to resolve the issue but nothing could be done at his point. She informed us that the interview was over and that it was basically back to the waiting game it really should take to much longer. She walked us out to the main waiting area and commended us on having so much evidence and said that she knew we were genuine the moment she saw the box.

So after 28 months still no light at the end of the tunnel. I’ back to waiting patiently by my mail box. If any body read my post from Wednesday night, I tried to get fingerprints done yesterday the 25th in New Rochelle. I had called the misinformation line on Wednesday evening at about 5.40pm eastern time and secured an appointment for yesterday. So I traveled to ASC in New Rochelle for the appointment. They point blank refused to take my fingerprints reason being that I did not have my letter and because if they took my fingerprints without the letter they would not get paid for my fingerprints. So here is the problem with UCSIS they are using way two many sub-contractors to do there work therefore causing more problems for us.

Sorry this is long but I figured a detailed account would help others more.

I will keep everybody updated on what’s happening.
Thanks for posting...Hope you will be done soon.
Old Oct 22nd 2005, 4:20 pm
Just Joined

Reggie21 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: AOS Almost approved in Garden City

Wow - just read your post. So sorry to hear. We had our Interview at Garden City too and were approved 5 minutes after walking through the door - we too bought at least 6 cases of evidence with us!

Garden City is usually very speedy about things though. I go tmy card two weeks after the interview - I am sure you will get yours in due course soon too.

Originally Posted by sap123
Thanks for posting...Hope you will be done soon.