Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

AOS - 5yr old K2 must attend? or not?

AOS - 5yr old K2 must attend? or not?

Old Dec 1st 2001, 9:59 pm
Red97miata

Getting ready to attempt the 1-day AOS in Dallas for my K1 wife and her K2 son.. I'm
assuming that he must go with us, but he did not have to go with us to the Consulate
for the K1 interview, so I thought I'd ask.. as it is always easier to wait 5 hours
WITHOUT a 5 year old... appreciate any answers and any "adivce" in preparing for the
AOS... have looked at Doc Steen's pages as a beginning guide. Thanks. Derrick(USC) &
Raquel (Dominican Rep, soon to be USC)

Old Dec 2nd 2001, 11:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

brianr is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Red97miata
Getting ready to attempt the 1-day AOS in Dallas for my K1 wife and her K2 son.. I'm
assuming that he must go with us, but he did not have to go with us to the Consulate
for the K1 interview, so I thought I'd ask.. as it is always easier to wait 5 hours
WITHOUT a 5 year old... appreciate any answers and any "adivce" in preparing for the
AOS... have looked at Doc Steen's pages as a beginning guide. Thanks. Derrick(USC) &
I did my AOS interview at Dallas (look back three weeks for details or look at our web site). the agent that did the interview said that ALL 'k' visa holders must attend for the interview as you have to swear that you are "Telling the truth..." etc.

Would she insist that a 5 year old do that? I bet if I say 'no' then the INS would say 'yes'!!!!!

BTW, we are STILL without our I-551 stamps, even though she said at the intervew that she didn't see any reason to deny it (just waiting for a file to arrive).

Brian.
Old Dec 3rd 2001, 12:09 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Raquel,

Sorry, but you are not a soon-to-be USC. You are a soon-to-be Permanent Resident.

Citizenship is 3+ years away.

Regards, JEff

Originally posted by Red97miata