Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

AOS in 4 days, questions

AOS in 4 days, questions

Old Sep 4th 2002, 2:24 pm
Rag Bag

Default AOS in 4 days, questions

Any advise on questions that will be asked during interview, we have not given this
much thought until now that it is time for our interview, any experiences would be
great to hear, Thank you all for all your help

Old Sep 4th 2002, 3:34 pm
K
BE Enthusiast

K is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: AOS in 4 days, questions

Originally posted by Rag Bag:
Any advise on questions that will be asked during interview, we have not given this
much thought until now that it is time for our interview, any experiences would be
great to hear, Thank you all for all your help
They may ask you when and where you married and what date. How long you have known eachother, if you know eachothers family members. They may ask also to see some evidence of your shared life. They may also ask if you have been arrested or convicted of a crime etc etc.

Good luck.
Old Sep 5th 2002, 4:11 am
Paul

Default Re: AOS in 4 days, questions

"Rag Bag" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > Any advise on questions that will be asked during interview, we have not given this
    > much thought until now that it is time for our interview, any experiences would be
    > great to hear, Thank you all for all your help

My wife's interview (in Arlington) was very unstressful. The only real questions the
officer put to us concerned the photographs we provided as evidence of our marriage:
she seemed to want to make sure that they we both knew who all the other people were
in the photos. She also used the opportunity to ask in a rather tricky way if we
hadn't really gotten married in my wife's home country, but simply moved on when we
said no. The interview lasted about 10 minutes, most of which time she simply looked
over our documents, punched holes in her copies, and inserted them in my wife's file.

I hope your interview goes as smoothly.

Good luck.