Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Anything you really miss from the USA?

Anything you really miss from the USA?

Old Sep 17th 2004, 1:58 pm
dealing with it

Chopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really nice
Default Anything you really miss from the USA?

This is directed at all those of you that have moved back to the UK from the US or Canada...what do you miss? If you could import anything to be sold on a permenant basis in the UK...what would it be?

Now I'm not just talking about the obvious Tim Hortons, Oreo Cookies and Clam Chowder (or any other food items for that matter) but anything, think along the lines of things that made your life easier...I don't know, like the P-Touch Labeling System, the Bowflex or any of the plethera of kitchen utensils or living room decorations that gadgets that you miss.
Old Sep 17th 2004, 1:59 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anything you really miss from the USA?

Originally Posted by Chopper-Chris
the Bowflex
See that chick in the new commercial for that? no way is she 50.......... :scared:
Old Sep 17th 2004, 2:00 pm
dealing with it

Chopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really niceChopper-Chris is just really nice

Originally Posted by Manc
See that chick in the new commercial for that? no way is she 50.......... :scared:

if she is...she's the first 50 year old that I've had a wet dream about

Old Sep 17th 2004, 10:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: California since 1997 now back in UK since July 2004
honeymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond repute

Not really a kitchen gadget person but think coffee machines should have programmable timers..... hard to get in UK...

Food... I know you said no.. But I WANT TOFFEENUT SYRUP from starbucks..

OK coffee addiction glaring here......
Old Sep 19th 2004, 2:40 pm
Desert spaces

Becs has much to be proud ofBecs has much to be proud ofBecs has much to be proud ofBecs has much to be proud ofBecs has much to be proud ofBecs has much to be proud ofBecs has much to be proud ofBecs has much to be proud ofBecs has much to be proud ofBecs has much to be proud ofBecs has much to be proud of

Umm, well I miss rollerblading in our driveway If I did that here I'd be in a coffin within the hour

-Becs
Old Sep 21st 2004, 12:57 pm
my arm aches

ladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond repute

I know I'd miss the waste disposal. Having to throw the leftovers in the bin again... urgh!!
Old Sep 21st 2004, 1:15 pm
dealing with it

I ask because I may have to leave this fair nation within the next year, to go to other, more Canadian climes.

I'll see if I can drag it out at least to the Canadian summer months!

I wanted to know what to take with me when I go, here’s what’s in the suitcase so far…

1) Rollerblades and Driveway
2) Waste Disposal Unit
3) The 50 year old ‘bowflex’ woman
4) Starbucks Toffeenut Syrup
Old Sep 21st 2004, 1:32 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

I ask because I may have to leave this fair nation within the next year, to go to other, more Canadian climes.

I wanted to know what to take with me when I go, here’s what’s in the suitcase so far…

2) Waste Disposal Unit
Make sure the top's screwed down on the Toffeenut syrup. Wouldn't do for it to come loose, and heve the 50-yr-old Bowflex woman arrive with toffenut syrup dripping all over her...

... but then again....
Old Sep 21st 2004, 2:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

honeymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dunroving
Make sure the top's screwed down on the Toffeenut syrup. Wouldn't do for it to come loose, and heve the 50-yr-old Bowflex woman arrive with toffenut syrup dripping all over her...

... but then again....

Depends if you like toffeenut syrup.... If I was covered in toffenut which I love, Mr Honeymommy would just go yuck! Big turn off.... Now if it was vanilla......... OK too much info... LOL
Old Sep 21st 2004, 3:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

2) Waste Disposal Unit

Oh I didn't bring much coffee with us thinking we would be able to get it here..... The coffee is not good in the supermarkets here and the decent stuff is expensive..... Loads of favorite coffee..... Canadian stored may be good for coffee though....

I just ran out of my cona....
Old Sep 21st 2004, 3:17 pm
dealing with it

Originally Posted by honeymommy
Oh I didn't bring much coffee with us thinking we would be able to get it here..... The coffee is not good in the supermarkets here and the decent stuff is expensive..... Loads of favorite coffee..... Canadian stored may be good for coffee though....

I just ran out of my cona....

"the best part of waking up is Folgers in your cup"
Old Sep 21st 2004, 4:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

"the best part of waking up is Folgers in your cup"
I ran out of Folgers ages ago... wasn't too bothered about that until I found out the coffee here is not good.... I have found an online site though so hopefully that will be better....

I even bought my sis in law some.. she wouldn't let me pinch it back... LOL
Old Sep 27th 2004, 7:47 pm
Just Joined

Lancashire lass is an unknown quantity at this point

if she is...she's the first 50 year old that I've had a wet dream about

TV can make anyone look good. Don't be fooled by all that hair. See any close up shots?
Old Sep 27th 2004, 7:50 pm
Just Joined

Lancashire lass is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ladyofthelake
I know I'd miss the waste disposal. Having to throw the leftovers in the bin again... urgh!!
they do have them in the UK you know.
Old Sep 27th 2004, 8:51 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lancashire lass
they do have them in the UK you know.
yeah it's huge, called Merseyside.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.