Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Anything new on RFE cases at MSC?...Anyone please?

Anything new on RFE cases at MSC?...Anyone please?

Old Jan 9th 2004, 7:21 pm
won't be long now!

SidAngelika is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anything new on RFE cases at MSC?...Anyone please?

Hi,
we have been participating in threads elaborating on RFEs from MSC/NBC....along with tmushen and others.
As we had posted our timeline before, NOA1 was July 31st and our response to the RFE was received by MSC on Nov 17th.
I (spouse in Germany) have made a few pre-mature decisions on giving up my apartment and NOT renewing my temporary work contract. With the original timeline of MSC this just would have been perfect. I had worked out a temporary solution with an immediate relative for housing. Then the RFE stabbed us.....and no approval yet. Time is running out and money is getting scarce. Pretty soon I will have to make a decision if I need to establish a permanent (costly, deposits etc) home again in the course of awaiting MSC's decision...once I have found another fulltime job again. Actually I am a (late in age) college student not too far away from graduating who had been working all kind of manufacturing/service during the past few yrs to make an income. I had planned on transferring my credits to a US college and have an evaluation done. I know my premature decisions were due to naive believing the 60 to 90 days timeline....we did not expect an RFE. We are in the progress of learning...o well.
If anyone has encountered approvals of RFE cases from MSC (Oct or Nov) please let me know. I need some kind of timeline to make a life again. Tired of living out of suitcases, but the BIG NOA2 DAY might just be around the corner ( piece of cake) or happen way too far away to continue living like this.
Thanks for any responses and listening to me!
Angelika
Old Jan 9th 2004, 7:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

tmushen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anything new on RFE cases at MSC?...Anyone please?

Originally posted by SidAngelika
Hi,
we have been participating in threads elaborating on RFEs from MSC/NBC....along with tmushen and others.
As we had posted our timeline before, NOA1 was July 31st and our response to the RFE was received by MSC on Nov 17th.
I (spouse in Germany) have made a few pre-mature decisions on giving up my apartment and NOT renewing my temporary work contract. With the original timeline of MSC this just would have been perfect. I had worked out a temporary solution with an immediate relative for housing. Then the RFE stabbed us.....and no approval yet. Time is running out and money is getting scarce. Pretty soon I will have to make a decision if I need to establish a permanent (costly, deposits etc) home again in the course of awaiting MSC's decision...once I have found another fulltime job again. Actually I am a (late in age) college student not too far away from graduating who had been working all kind of manufacturing/service during the past few yrs to make an income. I had planned on transferring my credits to a US college and have an evaluation done. I know my premature decisions were due to naive believing the 60 to 90 days timeline....we did not expect an RFE. We are in the progress of learning...o well.
If anyone has encountered approvals of RFE cases from MSC (Oct or Nov) please let me know. I need some kind of timeline to make a life again. Tired of living out of suitcases, but the BIG NOA2 DAY might just be around the corner ( piece of cake) or happen way too far away to continue living like this.
Thanks for any responses and listening to me!
Angelika
The latest came from both my Sentaor and my Congressioanl Rep. My Senator called after 2 months out of the blue and said that if I don't hear anything by the Jan 19th which is 2 months from the time MSC received my response to call her back. My Congressional Rep told me that they are working on the case now so my advice for you is give it until the Jan. 17th before you do anything.
Old Jan 9th 2004, 7:49 pm
won't be long now!

SidAngelika is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anything new on RFE cases at MSC?...Anyone please?

Originally posted by tmushen
The latest came from both my Sentaor and my Congressioanl Rep. My Senator called after 2 months out of the blue and said that if I don't hear anything by the Jan 19th which is 2 months from the time MSC received my response to call her back. My Congressional Rep told me that they are working on the case now so my advice for you is give it until the Jan. 17th before you do anything.
This was the same answer given to my husband.....await the 60 days.
Just a little bit off topic........I moved to the capital of the state of Bremen 2 weeks ago and had to inform the local administration. The lady I was talking to just had returned from a X-Mas shopping visit from New york...so eventually we gut stuck talking a while. NOBODY can understand why I cannot join my husband. Things like this may happen to foreign residents (mainly Turkish nationals residing in Germany etc) who want to bring their newly wed spouses from Turkey to Germany. It takes them usually a year to have immediate family re-uniting....they are most likely compareable to conditional GC holders.)

Thanks for your answer....I want to see your post here that your k3 was approved....this will give hope to us "freaks" out there.....lol