Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

anyone watching homeland security usa??

anyone watching homeland security usa??

Old Jan 7th 2009, 6:36 pm
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: anyone watching homeland security usa??

Originally Posted by englishinfl
Aye, insidious they are! Gotcha didn't they?
What do you think I was doing on the ABC website?
Old Jan 7th 2009, 6:36 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SpoogleDrummer
What I don't understand is when you go through customs etc you can't have a phone or camera on, which I assumed was to protect their identity, yet they go and put them on TV? How does that work then? I sure as hell wouldn't want to be on TV showing me taking someone's car full of drugs.
Waivers have to be signed.. same as COPS sometimes you see faces blurred
It seems a lot like to be seen on TV
Old Jan 7th 2009, 6:48 pm
Banned

englishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by another bloody yank
What do you think I was doing on the ABC website?
What do you think I am, a mindreader? I'm guessing you were looking for the boob flash clip.
Old Jan 7th 2009, 6:50 pm
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

What do you think I am, a mindreader? I'm guessing you were looking for the boob flash clip.
Apparently, you are a mind reader.
Old Jan 7th 2009, 6:55 pm
Banned

englishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond repute

But totally inadvertently.
Maybe I could take it up as a sideline, it'd beat watching tv in the evenings.. a local hall full of people and a bag of 5 dollar bills in my pocket at the end of an hour or so? Hmmm...
Old Jan 7th 2009, 7:22 pm
Unmitigated Gall

But totally inadvertently.
Maybe I could take it up as a sideline, it'd beat watching tv in the evenings.. a local hall full of people and a bag of 5 dollar bills in my pocket at the end of an hour or so? Hmmm...
You're in Tampa, most of the population there... well you could alternate between "You're thinking of dinner" and "you want a nap" and you'd be right 75% of the time.
Old Jan 7th 2009, 7:49 pm
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

So, did you find it? Save me having to look myself..
Old Jan 7th 2009, 7:57 pm
Banned

You're in Tampa, most of the population there... well you could alternate between "You're thinking of dinner" and "you want a nap" and you'd be right 75% of the time.
Probably nearer 90% of the time.
For the rest I could use "you think you want another beer", or "you're wondering if you can jack your truck up any higher". You're right in what you're thinking now... yeah, "there's a profit to be made in that".
Old Jan 8th 2009, 10:37 am
crg
American Expat

crg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond repute

That show reminded me of the Airport TV series the BBC made at Heathrow.

I didn't like the attempted drama with the TSA employee getting all choked up. It went on too long and wasn't interesting. He just kept repeating himself and they just kept the camera on him until they got something.

The Swiss Miss was funny. 'Someone has to pay for the ticket' and 'I want to leave thisd place' was funny. She didn't seem o get it when the border guard told her she was going to a facility until her flight the next day. She probably thought facility meant hotel when it's really a jail. They should have followed her to jail and back.
Old Jan 8th 2009, 11:31 am
Unmitigated Gall

Alright, somebody clue me in, tits aside, what was the gist of the story on the Swiss girl? Just clueless or some kind of malicious intent?
Old Jan 8th 2009, 11:34 am
Banned

Alright, somebody clue me in, tits aside, what was the gist of the story on the Swiss girl? Just clueless or some kind of malicious intent?
You're obsessing about her, it's a bad sign. I see the tv staying just so you can watch the programme, and the potential of a fanclub website being set up by you in her honour.
I'm calling your therapist on your behalf...
Old Jan 8th 2009, 11:39 am
Unmitigated Gall

You're obsessing about her, it's a bad sign. I see the tv staying just so you can watch the programme, and the potential of a fanclub website being set up by you in her honour.
I'm calling your therapist on your behalf...
I don't think we get ABC. We get KHQA ch7 and WGEM ch10, both out of Quincy IL.

Just checked, KHQA is CBS and WGEM is NBC. No ABC for us.
Old Jan 8th 2009, 11:40 am
crg
American Expat

crg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond repute

It seems like she tried to say she was just visiting. They didn't believe her and sent her to the office. She then admitted that she was looking to work and they found her belly dancing clothes in her bags. She seemed clueless. She said she didn't want to stay in the office and claimed that someone had to pay for her ticket because she was out 1000 bucks or something. They sent her to a detention center overnight and flew her out to her country the next day.
Old Jan 8th 2009, 11:42 am
Unmitigated Gall

Originally Posted by crg14624
It seems like she tried to say she was just visiting. They didn't believe her and sent her to the office. She then admitted that she was looking to work and they found her belly dancing clothes in her bags. She seemed clueless. She said she didn't want to stay in the office and claimed that someone had to pay for her ticket because she was out 1000 bucks or something. They sent her to a detention center overnight and flew her out to her country the next day.
Ah... A Swiss belly dancer. I can see why that raised a few eyebrows.
Old Jan 8th 2009, 11:44 am
BE Enthusiast

notacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond repute

notacrime's "cliff notes" on Norah the swiss girl:

Trying to enter on VWP with only 50 swiss francs and nothing on the form stating where she was going to stay. Moved to secondary inspection which is where the tv crew picks up the story. She was asked if she was going to work and she said she was. They inspected her bags, found a bunch of belly dancing clothes and asked her what her occupation was, she said belly dancer, they asked if she intended to dance for money, she says she wouldn't do it for free.

She ate a pot noodle and a cold burger.

Denied entry. Lots of trying to explain that she can't work on the VWP and can't use the VWP if she intends to work. She asked for a refund for her plane ticket. They put her on a flight back to switzerland the next day.

At no point did she flash her gams. She was quite pretty but dumb as a stump.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.