Reload this Page >

Anyone used Advance Parole

Anyone used Advance Parole

Old Nov 3rd 2003, 11:25 pm
Red
Just Joined

Red is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anyone used Advance Parole

I have my advance parole documents but havent used them yet. I have to go on a business trip for one day from Miami to Jamaica this week, has anyone heard of any problems getting back into the Country? I'm wondering whether I should cancel as I don't want to risk anything. I dont have anything behind me, such as crime, over stay etc. So I'm sure I'll will be ok, but want to hear from anyone with any advice
Thanks, Alison
Old Nov 4th 2003, 12:58 am
Tallon

Default Re: Anyone used Advance Parole

Alison, my husband used his AP documents a few weeks back...just showed them to
Immigration..they stamped it, gave it back..no worries. Please don't make this
whole system make you paranoid (it's easy to, understood)...Good luck.

Old Nov 4th 2003, 1:07 am
Forum Regular

blenky16 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone used Advance Parole

Originally posted by Red
I have my advance parole documents but havent used them yet. I have to go on a business trip for one day from Miami to Jamaica this week, has anyone heard of any problems getting back into the Country? I'm wondering whether I should cancel as I don't want to risk anything. I dont have anything behind me, such as crime, over stay etc. So I'm sure I'll will be ok, but want to hear from anyone with any advice
Thanks, Alison
I used my Parole Document all the time to travel back and forth from Canada. It was pretty easy, and after the first time I used it, they just waved me right through. The first time took me about 20 minutes (after waiting in line), and it wasn't difficult at all, just had to fill out the I-94, and they stapled that in my passport.

I don't know the particulars about your case, or your AP, but the reason they give the AP is for you to use them. But if you are that worried, you can always just call up a lawyer and ask them their take on it.

Good luck!

Cheers,
Sean