Anyone know of...

Old Aug 11th 2002, 1:05 pm
Targaff

Default Anyone know of...

Some while back - we're talking a few years here, before I'd even met my fiancee! - I
used to know someone online who went by the nickname of nelgin. I don't remember a
great deal about him, but one of the things I do remember is that he moved to Texas
and got married, and he said he was involved in the visa-related newsgroups directly
because of that.

Unfortunately I don't know his real name, but if anyone does know who this is, it'd
be cool if you could let me know

Cheers,

--

Targaff

Old Aug 11th 2002, 1:18 pm
Matta Harri

Default Re: Anyone know of...

In article <[email protected] 57>, Targaff
<[email protected]> wrote:

> Some while back - we're talking a few years here, before I'd even met my fiancee! -
    > I used to know someone online who went by the nickname of nelgin. I don't remember
    > a great deal about him, but one of the things I do remember is that he moved to
    > Texas and got married, and he said he was involved in the visa-related newsgroups
    > directly because of that.
    > Unfortunately I don't know his real name, but if anyone does know who this is, it'd
    > be cool if you could let me know
Are you sure it wasn't Nigel instead of Nelgin?

matta

Old Aug 11th 2002, 7:53 pm
Ranjini

I think you are referring to Nigel Reed. You are absolutely right. He does live in
Texas. He is one of the founders of this newsgroup. Read the following link on the
history of the newsgroup:
http://www.k1faq.com/newsgroup1.htm
If you do a search on google on this newsgroup using the keywords Nigel Reed, you
will come up with some recent posts with news of him, posted by his wife Betsey. Good
luck, Ranjini

"Targaff" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    > Some while back - we're talking a few years here, before I'd even met my fiancee! -
    > I used to know someone online who went by the nickname of nelgin. I don't remember
    > a great deal about him, but one of the things I
do
    > remember is that he moved to Texas and got married, and he said he was involved in
    > the visa-related newsgroups directly because of that.
    > Unfortunately I don't know his real name, but if anyone does know who this is, it'd
    > Cheers,
    > --
    > Targaff

Old Aug 11th 2002, 9:15 pm
Banned

Ranjini will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Re: Anyone know of...

Here is the latest news on Nigel Reed as posted by Betsey Reed on 4th July of this year:
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...39t7%404ax.com

Ranjini

Originally posted by Ranjini
I think you are referring to Nigel Reed. You are absolutely right. He does live in
Texas. He is one of the founders of this newsgroup. Read the following link on the
history of the newsgroup:
http://www.k1faq.com/newsgroup1.htm
If you do a search on google on this newsgroup using the keywords Nigel Reed, you
will come up with some recent posts with news of him, posted by his wife Betsey. Good
luck, Ranjini

"Targaff" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    > a great deal about him, but one of the things I
do
    > remember is that he moved to Texas and got married, and he said he was involved in
    > the visa-related newsgroups directly because of that.
    > Cheers,
    > --
    > Targaff
Old Aug 11th 2002, 10:11 pm
Targaff

Matta Harri <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]
com:

> Are you sure it wasn't Nigel instead of Nelgin?

I never knew his real name, just his nickname. I knew him as a visitor in an IRC
channel I hang/hung out in (and I think he was an IRCop at the time).

Targaff

Old Aug 11th 2002, 10:14 pm
Targaff

"Ranjini" <[email protected]> wrote in news:Vgz59.67190$7n5.10223@sccrnsc01:

> I think you are referring to Nigel Reed. You are absolutely right. He does live in
    > Texas. He is one of the founders of this newsgroup.

Thanks for the info - considering his posting e-mail was then @nelgin.cmpu.net, it
looks like this is the person I meant

Targaff

Old Aug 11th 2002, 10:35 pm
Targaff

Ranjini <[email protected]> wrote in
news:382932.1029100505 @britishexpats.com:

> Here is the latest news on Nigel Reed as posted by Betsey Reed on 4th July of this
    > year: http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&selm=2dj8iu-
    > ccceoc9g1acpdro3mak783dr39t7%404ax.com

Hrm, I couldn't connect to that, even after correcting for text wrap... hohum, I'll
live, I guess.

Thanks again

Targaff

Old Oct 2nd 2002, 8:19 pm
Just Joined

nelgin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Targaff:
Some while back - we're talking a few years here, before I'd even met my fiancee! - I
used to know someone online who went by the nickname of nelgin. I don't remember a
great deal about him, but one of the things I do remember is that he moved to Texas
and got married, and he said he was involved in the visa-related newsgroups directly
because of that.

Unfortunately I don't know his real name, but if anyone does know who this is, it'd
be cool if you could let me know

Cheers,

--

Targaff
Yes, you got the right person. It is I who created alt.visa.us.marriage-based (And I who mis-typed the description that shows up as IS rather than US on some news servers ).

You can find me at nigelreed at british-expats.com

Regards
Nigel