Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Anyone heard anything from Vermont this month?

Wikiposts

Anyone heard anything from Vermont this month?

Old Feb 17th 2004, 8:33 pm
Forum Regular

clare47uk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anyone heard anything from Vermont this month?

Hi

Just wondering if anyone has heard anything from Vermont this month?

Only 12 days left until their predicted processing time for our application is up and I haven't noticed any new approvals for a while.

Clare
Old Feb 17th 2004, 11:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

leebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really nice
Default Re: Anyone heard anything from Vermont this month?

Originally posted by clare47uk
Hi

Only 12 days left until their predicted processing time for our application is up and I haven't noticed any new approvals for a while.

Clare
Not on the I-129F front but they did forward my I-485 to Baltimore, although they are still sitting on my I-765 (EAD) after over 100 days....

Good luck, not long now till you will be here in the US with your partner =)
Old Feb 18th 2004, 1:48 pm
Forum Regular

buffalo24 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Clare,

I'm waiting to hear something from Vermont as well - as is another friend of mine. I will definitely post if I hear anything for either one of us.

Just a question - I'm sorry to hear about your initial denial; how awful! I'm wondering what sort of documentation for the divorce your fiance managed to obtain for your second petition.

I ask because I'm worried that the documentation that I sent in for my divorce granted in Alabama is not good enough. I have had (and I'm still having) such a time trying to get this sorted out with them. What happened is the circuit court never filed my certificate with the Vital Records office, so when I requested a certified certificate, they said they had no record of one. So I had to send in the paperwork from the circuit court...and I'm just not sure this is going to be good enough. Every time I call the circuit court (a good 5 times now) they tell me "why do you need the vital record anyway? You have the court papers; that's your divorce decree." Same woman every time; she never remembers me!! It's maddening!

So was it a Vital Record certificate that your fiance finally had to get? Or did you determine that the court papers should have been enough?

Thanks, and good luck!!!

Originally posted by clare47uk
Hi

Clare
Old Feb 18th 2004, 7:50 pm
Forum Regular

clare47uk is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by buffalo24
Hi Clare,

I'm waiting to hear something from Vermont as well - as is another friend of mine. I will definitely post if I hear anything for either one of us.

Just a question - I'm sorry to hear about your initial denial; how awful! I'm wondering what sort of documentation for the divorce your fiance managed to obtain for your second petition.

I ask because I'm worried that the documentation that I sent in for my divorce granted in Alabama is not good enough. I have had (and I'm still having) such a time trying to get this sorted out with them. What happened is the circuit court never filed my certificate with the Vital Records office, so when I requested a certified certificate, they said they had no record of one. So I had to send in the paperwork from the circuit court...and I'm just not sure this is going to be good enough. Every time I call the circuit court (a good 5 times now) they tell me "why do you need the vital record anyway? You have the court papers; that's your divorce decree." Same woman every time; she never remembers me!! It's maddening!

So was it a Vital Record certificate that your fiance finally had to get? Or did you determine that the court papers should have been enough?

Thanks, and good luck!!!
Hi

The denial said that they needed to see that the papers were certified registered with a civil authority. We went to the public records office and paid $5 for a copy that was stamped and had a seal on it.

No approval or RFE yet so there's no guarantee that this is what they wanted. I'll keep you posted.

Clare