Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

About to file for renewal EAD.....

About to file for renewal EAD.....

Old Feb 18th 2004, 4:46 pm

katesuiter1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default About to file for renewal EAD.....

Hi, people.

I know I posted a thread on this before a few days ago, but I still haven't seen the I-765 EAD processing times appear on the Miami USCIS site, so I thought maybe the legal beagles here may have some info as to processing times, or even if there's any change as far as Miami even processing this form goes.

I wanted to send off my renewal tomorrow, as that'll give me a 4 month window, and hopefully plenty of time to get my renewal before my existing one runs out.

I realize I could call the USCIS "helpline", but to be honest, I wouldn't believe them even if they told me the sky was blue.

Any info from anyone?

Kate. xxxxx
Old Feb 18th 2004, 5:14 pm
Trunk

Default Re: About to file for renewal EAD.....

I e-filed in Chicago, took around 3 months...

http://uscis.gov/graphics/fieldoffic...boutus.htm#ead

Employment Authorizations and Extensions (I-765):
Filing Instructions: To apply for employment authorization please mail
the Form I-765 with the appropriate fee and required supporting
documentation to:
USCIS
P.O. Box 381498
Miami, FL 33238-1498

You may also electronically file the Form I-765 for employment
authorization by visiting the USCIS website. The estimated processing time
is 90 days. If you have not received your card within 90 days, you may make
case status inquiry by making an appointment to see an Immigration
Information Officer at the local USCIS office in your jurisdiction. To make
an appointment, please go to www.bcis-fla.com. If your Employment
Authorization is expiring, you must re-apply 90 days prior to the expiration
date of your current card.

If your Employment Authorization Card becomes lost you must mail the
Form I-765 with the appropriate fee and required supporting documentation
to:

USCIS
P.O. Box 381498
Miami, FL 33238-1498

You may also electronically file the Form I-765 for employment
authorization by visiting the USCIS website. The estimated processing time
is 90 days.

"katesuiter1" <member6776@british_expats.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Hi, people.
    > I know I posted a thread on this before a few days ago, but
    > I still haven't seen the I-765 EAD processing times appear on the Miami
    > USCIS site, so I thought maybe the legal beagles here may have some info
    > as to processing times, or even if there's any change as far as Miami
    > even processing this form goes.
    > I wanted to send off my renewal
    > tomorrow, as that'll give me a 4 month window, and hopefully plenty of
    > time to get my renewal before my existing one runs out.
    > I realize I
    > could call the USCIS "helpline", but to be honest, I wouldn't believe
    > them even if they told me the sky was blue.
    > Any info from anyone?
    > Kate. xxxxx
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Feb 18th 2004, 5:58 pm

Hi, Trunk. Thanks for the info. I noticed that page was last modified on 10/30/2003, so I still don't know of any recent changes they may have made. I sound like a total paraoid, but I'm so worried things'll get messed up and I'll have to quit my job if I don't get my renewal in time. I'll send it anyway, but I think I'm just looking for some major reassurance.

Kate. xxxxxx
Old Feb 18th 2004, 9:24 pm
Forum Regular

princess_fiona is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by katesuiter1
Hi, Trunk. Thanks for the info. I noticed that page was last modified on 10/30/2003, so I still don't know of any recent changes they may have made. I sound like a total paraoid, but I'm so worried things'll get messed up and I'll have to quit my job if I don't get my renewal in time. I'll send it anyway, but I think I'm just looking for some major reassurance.

Kate. xxxxxx

Kate, I renewed my EAD online. The waiting is the same except that you don't have to be in the crowded Miami office to submit your application.

And according to the website: "If you have not received your card within 90 days, you may make case status inquiry by making an appointment to see an Immigration Information Officer at the local USCIS office in your jurisdiction."

It will be 90 days tomorrow (from receipt date) and still no EAD so I'm scheduled to check on it next week.

When I filed my renewal previously and it passed 90 days same thing I did. Went there and told them "it's over 90 days, where's my EAD?" I got mine before the end of the day.

I'll keep you posted.
Old Feb 18th 2004, 9:31 pm
Forum Regular

princess_fiona is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by katesuiter1
I sound like a total paraoid, but I'm so worried things'll get messed up and I'll have to quit my job if I don't get my renewal in time. I'll send it anyway, but I think I'm just looking for some major reassurance.

Kate. xxxxxx
Kate, it's normal to feel that way. Anyways, you don't have to quit your job. Human Resource Dept. will eventually remind you that your card will expire, blah, blah. You can show them your receipt or ask a letter from them to show Miami office that your employer is asking for it already.

That's what happened in my case although I have the letter they didn't bother to look at it. Because they know my current card has expired and they need to give me new one.
Old Feb 19th 2004, 1:55 am
BE Enthusiast

anggraeni is just really niceanggraeni is just really niceanggraeni is just really niceanggraeni is just really niceanggraeni is just really niceanggraeni is just really niceanggraeni is just really niceanggraeni is just really nice

Hi Kate.

I guess you are doing it right. Giving the USCIS and yourself 4 months ahead will put you in ease. If the USCIS work in normal speed, then you have 90 days AND if they are as slow as the snail then you can always go there and get it yourself. Plus, you can choose your time. Right?

Nice to read your post again!
anggraeni
Old Feb 19th 2004, 10:55 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by anggraeni
Hi Kate.

I guess you are doing it right. Giving the USCIS and yourself 4 months ahead will put you in ease. If the USCIS work in normal speed, then you have 90 days AND if they are as slow as the snail then you can always go there and get it yourself. Plus, you can choose your time. Right?

Nice to read your post again!
anggraeni
This has brought me to thinking ahead to the need for a renewal. We're a bit concerned since we still have NOT gotten the 2nd EAD NOA from NBC and according to their processing time, they went past our original NOA by two days two weeks ago!!! Am not sure exactly when we can inquire? 30 days from the posting date that passed our NOA? My husband's interim EAD expires in September.
Old Feb 19th 2004, 11:41 am

Originally posted by princess_fiona
Kate, it's normal to feel that way. Anyways, you don't have to quit your job. Human Resource Dept. will eventually remind you that your card will expire, blah, blah. You can show them your receipt or ask a letter from them to show Miami office that your employer is asking for it already.

That's what happened in my case although I have the letter they didn't bother to look at it. Because they know my current card has expired and they need to give me new one.
Thank you sooooo much for your info. My company's pretty cool, and I know there'd be no problems getting a letter from them if needed, but they're also very strict, too, and after the first company I worked for here let me go after just one week of working for them because I may have had to take time off while waiting for my 1 yr EAD issuance, I was scared to death the same thing would happen with my new job. Thank you again, and I'll definitely keep all this in mind. (Hopefully I won't need to as Miami will keep up their speed and give us an interview before June!!! Riiiiiight!!)

Thanks to everyone else who took the time to reassure my worrying head!!!

Kate. xxxxx