Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Anyone else experiencing same problem with downloaded OF-230 forms

Anyone else experiencing same problem with downloaded OF-230 forms

Old Sep 16th 2001, 3:14 pm
Girlcanada

I downloaded the OF-230 forms part I & II from Doc Steen's website. I typed in all my
information and when I tried to save the form, I was prompted to save a copy, which I
proceeded to do.

However, when I reopen the form, it is blank. All the information I typed is gone. I
am unable to make changes and have them saved with the pdf form. Is there something I
am doing wrong? Any form properties I need to change?

--
Aug 24/01 I-129F Petition Couriered Aug 27/01 I-129F Petition Received at VSC Jim
(USC) & Michelle (Alberta, Canada)

Old Sep 16th 2001, 3:25 pm
Ranjini

From what I have found for myself, it isn't possible to save a .pdf document with the
free downloadable version of Acrobat Reader. It's just that -- a reader. So you can
just input your information and print. It is possible to make changes, but you cannot
save. This is what I have found. To do anymore than that, I think you will have to
download the more advanced version from the Adobe website. For this, a payment will
be required. I'm sure someone else on the forum, or the website itself will be able
to provide you with more details, than my very sketchy reply. Ranjini

>
typed
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
form.
    >
change?
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Sep 16th 2001, 3:48 pm
Girlcanada

DUH! Thanks Ranjini. I have Acrobat installed, but Reader was set up as the default
on pdf open. I'm fine now. Guess I haven't had enough coffee yet this
morning............geez!

>
document
    >
    >
    >
    >
advanced
    >
    >
    >
    >

[usenetquote2]> > I downloaded the OF-230 forms part I & II from Doc Steen's website. I[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > in all my information and when I tried to save the form, I was prompted[/usenetquote2]
to
[usenetquote2]> > save a copy, which I proceeded to do.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > However, when I reopen the form, it is blank. All the information I[/usenetquote2]
typed
[usenetquote2]> > is gone. I am unable to make changes and have them saved with the pdf[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > Is there something I am doing wrong? Any form properties I need to[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > --[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Aug 24/01 I-129F Petition Couriered Aug 27/01 I-129F Petition Received at VSC Jim[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > (USC) & Michelle (Alberta, Canada)[/usenetquote2]

Old Sep 16th 2001, 4:07 pm
Jonathan_atc

That's the way all the forms work that are done this way. That is why on my site for
forms, it states that one needs to print out as many copies as they will need BEFORE
closing the file. The files are all write protected. Live and learn and in the
future, print out what you need when you need it and an extra, just in case. ;o)

--
    >
Steen's Visa Pages http://www.mindspring.com/~docsteen/...o/visainfo.htm
Newsgroup FAQ http://www.k1faq.com Immigration and Naturalization Service
http://www.ins.usdoj.gov {I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice. For
reliable legal advice, please consult with a professional immigration attorney.}

>
typed
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
form.
    >
change?
    >
    >