Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

anyone else dealing with the islamabad embassy?

Wikiposts

anyone else dealing with the islamabad embassy?

Old Sep 2nd 2004, 4:53 am
Just Joined

azuberi80 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: anyone else dealing with the islamabad embassy?

Originally Posted by Noorah101
How far apart are the dates? A few days, or a few years?

Rene
sept 20th and oct 21 1979
Old Sep 2nd 2004, 5:04 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by azuberi80
sept 20th and oct 21 1979
That's only a month apart...I wouldn't worry about it now...if they ask something about it at the interview, she can say yes, there's a discrepancy, and why that happened. I don't think a month will cause too much trouble. That's just my opinion, though. I'm not a ConOff who is screening people for visas

Good luck!
Rene
Old Sep 2nd 2004, 5:06 am
Just Joined

That's only a month apart...I wouldn't worry about it now...if they ask something about it at the interview, she can say yes, there's a discrepancy, and why that happened. I don't think a month will cause too much trouble. That's just my opinion, though. I'm not a ConOff who is screening people for visas

Good luck!
Rene
yeah i know its only a month but i dont know what id do if we get to the interview and get denied for something like that.

im so worried right now.....worried, frustrated, and angry at pakistani law for having such a stupid rule in place.

why the hell should it take 3 freaking months to get a date of birth changed on a id with PROOF?
Old Sep 2nd 2004, 5:22 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

yeah i know its only a month but i dont know what id do if we get to the interview and get denied for something like that.

im so worried right now.....worried, frustrated, and angry at pakistani law for having such a stupid rule in place.

why the hell should it take 3 freaking months to get a date of birth changed on a id with PROOF?
I understand your frustration. It took my husband an entire year in Iran to get a replacement passport for one that got water damaged. He had his birth certificate and his military ID, which are the 2 requirements to get a passport...and still took one complete year to get a new one in-hand.

Hang in there...
Rene
Old Sep 20th 2004, 2:46 am
Just Joined

How far apart are the dates? A few days, or a few years?

Rene
sept 20th and oct 21st....of the same year.
Old Sep 20th 2004, 5:41 am
Cool Member

USA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: anyone else dealing with the islamabad embassy?

sept 20th and oct 21st....of the same year.
Maybe you can get some kind of receipt showing that the date change process has started. That might help if you have to explain the date problem.

We are currently waiting for our interview October 23rd and wondering how long they will keep us in administrative processing. Any recent info about how long it is taking these days? I have heard everything from 2-3 weeks to several months. I have heard that they are doing the fingerprinting electronically now and that is helping.

Marnee
Old Oct 27th 2004, 3:38 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by USA & Pakistan
Maybe you can get some kind of receipt showing that the date change process has started. That might help if you have to explain the date problem.

We are currently waiting for our interview October 23rd and wondering how long they will keep us in administrative processing. Any recent info about how long it is taking these days? I have heard everything from 2-3 weeks to several months. I have heard that they are doing the fingerprinting electronically now and that is helping.

Marnee

just a quick update.....the procedure has changed and my wife was able to get her birthdate corrected on her id card and she added my name as husband. now she just submitted her passport to be corrected and we should be in the clear.

also i just submitted the ds-230 back to the nvc and am waiting for the case to be approved and submitted to islamabad.

anyone got any tips? ( i already wrote a statement confirming the submission of financial documents and sent it to my wife so now there shouldnt be much wait when she gets that first packet from the embassy)

ps. is there anyway to get the interview date sooner than what they schedule? can i call and see if there are any open slots even if its short notice? because i heard they are scheduling cr-1 interviews like two months out.