Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

anyone else dealing with the islamabad embassy?

Wikiposts

anyone else dealing with the islamabad embassy?

Old Aug 20th 2004, 5:37 pm
Just Joined

azuberi80 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default anyone else dealing with the islamabad embassy?

hey guys,

i got married june 4th in karachi (im a us citizen) and i returned home and filed the k3 (which isnt going anywhere) and the I-130 out of vermont service center (which was approved in 11 days!!)

well anyways my case is at the NVC now and im pretty informed on what i have to do to get my case forwarded to the islamabad embassy (ds 3032, ds 230, I-864 and related fees) but after they forward the case to the islamabad embassy i dont have a clue as to whats going to happen.

do any of you guys (i see quite a few pakistani couples) know whats going to be mailed to my wife and what documents she has to have ready and how far in advance she will get her interview date (i want to join her for this)?

also....im kind of concerned because ramadan is coming up.....will the embassy shut down for the whole month or what?

any relative info will be really really appreciated.

salam alaikum,

Anwer
Old Aug 21st 2004, 10:55 am
Cool Member

USA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: anyone else dealing with the islamabad embassy?

Originally Posted by azuberi80
hey guys,

i got married june 4th in karachi (im a us citizen) and i returned home and filed the k3 (which isnt going anywhere) and the I-130 out of vermont service center (which was approved in 11 days!!)

well anyways my case is at the NVC now and im pretty informed on what i have to do to get my case forwarded to the islamabad embassy (ds 3032, ds 230, I-864 and related fees) but after they forward the case to the islamabad embassy i dont have a clue as to whats going to happen.

do any of you guys (i see quite a few pakistani couples) know whats going to be mailed to my wife and what documents she has to have ready and how far in advance she will get her interview date (i want to join her for this)?

also....im kind of concerned because ramadan is coming up.....will the embassy shut down for the whole month or what?

any relative info will be really really appreciated.

salam alaikum,

Anwer

Hi Anwer! My Fiance sent me the following list from the Islamabad embassy as to what he needed for a k-1 visa. I think the K-3 is probably the same. Are u sure u need an I-864? I think maybe u only need the I-134, employment proof and last year's taxes. Asghar was also ask to include a photocopy of his passport. Here is a link to the DS 230, 156, 156K, & 157 forms: http://www.state.gov/m/a/dir/c4456.htm

Good Luck!
Marnee

LIST OF DOCUMENTS FOR FIANCE (K-1) VISA
All K-1 visa applicant must provide the following documents:
1:::-- Two forms of-156 (All questions on the form must be answered).
2:::-- One form of-230 part 1(All questions on the form must be answered).
3:::--One form of-156K (All question on the form must be answered).
4:::-- Birth certificate (Original and one photocopy).
5:::-- English translation of birth certificate (Original and one photo copy).
6:::-- Original , signed , and notarized form I - 134 (affidavit of support from the sponsor.
7:::-- Copies of the sponsor's federal tax return (from 1040) for the past year.
8:::--An original job letter/proof of self employment from the sponsor.
proof of sponsor's assets.
9:::- Passpoprt (valid for twelve months beyond the anticipated visa interview date).
10::-Medical Examination report (Medical examination must be performed bye one of the pannel physicians listed in the booklet).
11::-Photographs (Two photographs according to the specification giveb in thin booklet.

Those papers are recieved here subjected as------------------------
(1)- APPLICATION FOR IMMIGRATION VISA AND ALIEN REGISTRATION DS-230 part 1 ,05-2001 (page 1 of 4 and page 2 of 4 only0
(2)- NONIMMIGRATION VISA APPLICATION DS-156 ,02 -2003 page i of 2 ,page 2 of 2
(3)- NONIMMIGRATION FIANCE(E) VISA application. DS-156K
(4)- SUPPLEMENTRY NONIMMIGRATION VISA APPLICATION DS-157 ,07-2002
Old Aug 21st 2004, 11:32 am
Forum Regular

Sureyya is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: anyone else dealing with the islamabad embassy?

Embassy will be open for ramadan, but they are closed for New Years and christmas for about 14-20 days. I am wondering if your I-130 is approved then you dont need a k-3. I never heard of any I-130 being approved in 11 days. Ours still isnt approved and it has been about 500 days. Are you sure that it is the I-130 that is approved and not the I-129 (k-3)?? Women have a good chance of being approved on interview day, thats our observations anyway.

Sureyya
Old Aug 21st 2004, 4:25 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Sureyya
Embassy will be open for ramadan, but they are closed for New Years and christmas for about 14-20 days. I am wondering if your I-130 is approved then you dont need a k-3. I never heard of any I-130 being approved in 11 days. Ours still isnt approved and it has been about 500 days. Are you sure that it is the I-130 that is approved and not the I-129 (k-3)?? Women have a good chance of being approved on interview day, thats our observations anyway.

Sureyya
thanks sureyya.

yes my 130 was approved in 11 days out of the vermont service center, they are approving 130's right now in about 2 weeks (as per other cases on the visajourney.com website). i thought it was a mistake also but i recieved my noa2 in the mail as confirmation.

my case has been forwarded to the nvc already and im waiting for the paperwork to start going back and forth.

has anyone dealt with the nvc recently? do you think my target of being with my wife on eid (second week of november) is too optimistic?

ps. the k3 is stagnating in missouri right now and i dont see that being approved until 2005 because of the heavy backlog.
Old Aug 22nd 2004, 8:38 am
Swiss

azuberi80 <member28030@british_expats.com> wrote in message news:<[email protected] om>...
    > > Embassy will be open for ramadan, but they are closed for New Years
    > > and christmas for about 14-20 days. I am wondering if your I-130 is
    > > approved then you dont need a k-3. I never heard of any I-130 being
    > > approved in 11 days. Ours still isnt approved and it has been about
    > > 500 days. Are you sure that it is the I-130 that is approved and not
    > > the I-129 (k-3)?? Women have a good chance of being approved on inte-
    > > rview day, thats our observations anyway.
    > >
    > > Sureyya
    >
    > thanks sureyya.
    >
    > yes my 130 was approved in 11 days out of the vermont service center,
    > they are approving 130's right now in about 2 weeks (as per other cases
    > on the visajourney.com website). i thought it was a mistake also but i
    > recieved my noa2 in the mail as confirmation.
    >
    > my case has been forwarded to the nvc already and im waiting for the pa-
    > perwork to start going back and forth.
    >
    > has anyone dealt with the nvc recently? do you think my target of being
    > with my wife on eid (second week of november) is too optimistic?
    >
    > ps. the k3 is stagnating in missouri right now and i dont see that being
    > approved until 2005 because of the heavy backlog.

I read about past one year tax returns....i was under the assumption
taht i need to submit last 3 years tax returns....just wanted to be
sure about it?

Old Aug 22nd 2004, 11:49 am
Cool Member

USA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond repute

sure about it?[/QUOTE]

Islamabad only ask for 1 year's taxes and the I-134 for our k-1, and i have read other posts that indicate that most embassies also only want 1 year. It is my understanding that the I-864, which is needed for AOS, requires 3 years.
Old Aug 22nd 2004, 12:19 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by USA & Pakistan
sure about it?
Islamabad only ask for 1 year's taxes and the I-134 for our k-1, and i have read other posts that indicate that most embassies also only want 1 year. It is my understanding that the I-864, which is needed for AOS, requires 3 years.[/QUOTE]
The embassy in Ankara, Turkey, required 3 years of tax returns along with the I-134 for a K-1 visa. To be on the safe side, Saddia's co-sponsor submitted 3 years of tax returns for her fiance's upcoming K-1 interview in Islamabad. Saddia herself did not qualify for sponsor, and also had not filed taxes for the past 3 years. She wrote a letter stating the reasons, and a statement from IRS that indeed taxes were not filed (by her husband at the time).

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Aug 23rd 2004, 5:50 am
Forum Regular

sean007 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,

My wife is waiting for Interview letter from Islamabad. Our NO2 was approved on Aug 10th. Any idea how long before she gets something in the mail?

- Sean

Originally Posted by USA & Pakistan
sure about it?
Islamabad only ask for 1 year's taxes and the I-134 for our k-1, and i have read other posts that indicate that most embassies also only want 1 year. It is my understanding that the I-864, which is needed for AOS, requires 3 years.[/QUOTE]
Old Aug 23rd 2004, 8:19 am
Cool Member

Smile Re: anyone else dealing with the islamabad embassy?

[QUOTE=sean007]Hello,

My wife is waiting for Interview letter from Islamabad. Our NO2 was approved on Aug 10th. Any idea how long before she gets something in the mail?

- Sean

Hi Sean-

It goes from the service center to NVC, where they do a name check and then send it on to the embassy. Most of the files get in and out of there in a few days, but ours took a month just to reach NVC (thank u, Nebraska... ), but then it was sent from there to Islamabad in a few days. I think it left the NVC on July 29th and we got the packet #3 on August 7th, so it was fast compared to the rest of this process so far. Asghar had to get his medical exam done and turn in all the papers and documents before they would issue an interview date, which we are currently waiting for, but i have heard that they are scheduling the interviews about 2 weeks out. Good Luck!

Marnee
Old Sep 2nd 2004, 4:12 am
Just Joined

update:

my case has arrived at the NVC and now im waiting for them to send me the ds-3032 (choice of agent form). I already had my wife sign a downloaded copy in advance so when i get the form in the mail i will just send in the signed copy.

i have heard that the NVC doesnt want people to use downloaded copies of the ds-230 form but ive also heard that there really isnt any difference between the one they send you and the online version and people have been using the downloaded version for the longest anyway. So i think im going to take the risk and use the downloaded version. That right there should save me like 3 weeks (mailing time to pak and back).

hopefully im looking at a november interview.

ps. I kinda have a problem i wanted to see if anyone could help me with. My wife has the incorrect birthdate on her pakistani identification card (shinaqti card) and passport. I told her to go get it corrected to show the correct date on both but the id card has to be corrected before the passport can be corrected. And the people at the id card office in karachi are telling her she has to get a lawyer and go through some court decree process to get a date changed on her id card. This can take up to THREE MONTHS! im really frustrated and dont know what to do if the interview comes up before we can find a solution to the date of birth problem.

Does anyone know if she might be able to get through a I-130 interview with a different date on her passport and birth certificate without being denied?
Old Sep 2nd 2004, 4:32 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

update:
ps. I kinda have a problem i wanted to see if anyone could help me with. My wife has the incorrect birthdate on her pakistani identification card (shinaqti card) and passport. I told her to go get it corrected to show the correct date on both but the id card has to be corrected before the passport can be corrected. And the people at the id card office in karachi are telling her she has to get a lawyer and go through some court decree process to get a date changed on her id card. This can take up to THREE MONTHS! im really frustrated and dont know what to do if the interview comes up before we can find a solution to the date of birth problem.

Does anyone know if she might be able to get through a I-130 interview with a different date on her passport and birth certificate without being denied?
Hi,

I'm not quite understanding if her documents are showing 2 different birthdates, or 3 different birthdates? Are the birthdates on her ID and passport the same date or different dates from each other? First you only mentioned the ID card and passport...then later you mentioned her birth certificate. My personal opinion is that IF all the dates match on whatever documentation you gave the embassy up until now match (even if it's different than her "real" birthdate), leave it alone for now.

I know so many Iranians that have 2 or even 3 birthdates because their year is totally different than ours, and every time their birthdate gets translated, it gets recorded wrong. Birthdates aren't even a big deal over there, so it's not unusual to find documents with different dates on them. I'm not sure about Pakistan, though.

Hope my rambling helped a bit...
Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Sep 2nd 2004, 4:34 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Hi,

I'm not quite understanding if her documents are showing 2 different birthdates, or 3 different birthdates? Are the birthdates on her ID and passport the same date or different dates from each other? First you only mentioned the ID card and passport...then later you mentioned her birth certificate. My personal opinion is that IF all the dates match on whatever documentation you gave the embassy up until now match (even if it's different than her "real" birthdate), leave it alone for now.

I know so many Iranians that have 2 or even 3 birthdates because their year is totally different than ours, and every time their birthdate gets translated, it gets recorded wrong. Birthdates aren't even a big deal over there, so it's not unusual to find documents with different dates on them. I'm not sure about Pakistan, though.

Hope my rambling helped a bit...
Best Wishes,
Rene
sorry.

her id card and passport have one date (passport is made with the id card as proof of residency) and her birth certificate has a different birthdate.

now i filed all her paperwork with the date of birth on her birth certificate, and thats the one we used on the marriage certificate.

but i dont know if they will catch the different date on her passport during the interview (they ask for the passport prior to the interview i believe)
Old Sep 2nd 2004, 4:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Pallyn has a spectacular aura aboutPallyn has a spectacular aura aboutPallyn has a spectacular aura about

I don't know what to tell you about the problem with the Pakistani id discrepancy. I do want to address something that I don't think was picked up so far. If the I-130 was approved and you are going ahead with processing the immigrant visa as opposed to the K-3, you DO need the I-864 with the three year's tax returns. That said, I included three years of tax returns with my I-134 for my husband's K-1 through Kingston, Jamaica. With any 'challenging' embassy, overcompensation is a good strategy.
Old Sep 2nd 2004, 4:42 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pallyn
I don't know what to tell you about the problem with the Pakistani id discrepancy. I do want to address something that I don't think was picked up so far. If the I-130 was approved and you are going ahead with processing the immigrant visa as opposed to the K-3, you DO need the I-864 with the three year's tax returns. That said, I included three years of tax returns with my I-134 for my husband's K-1 through Kingston, Jamaica. With any 'challenging' embassy, overcompensation is a good strategy.
thanks.

i heard about that and ive already gotten three years of tax transcripts from the irs.....even though i dont really meet the requirements for the years 1 and 2, the 3rd year and my current job are above the poverty requirements.
Old Sep 2nd 2004, 4:46 am

sorry.

her id card and passport have one date (passport is made with the id card as proof of residency) and her birth certificate has a different birthdate.

now i filed all her paperwork with the date of birth on her birth certificate, and thats the one we used on the marriage certificate.

but i dont know if they will catch the different date on her passport during the interview (they ask for the passport prior to the interview i believe)
How far apart are the dates? A few days, or a few years?

Rene

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.