Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Any reason not to mention interview?

Any reason not to mention interview?

Old Mar 11th 2012, 1:07 am
Just Joined

LilInIl will become famous soon enough
Default Any reason not to mention interview?

I tried asking this over at uk-yankee, but was not surprised to receive no response. Hope someone here can help me out!

I'm the USC, husband the UKC, we've been living in the US for nearly 5 years, so neither of us have a job in the UK. I submitted the online application for a spousal visa last week, my biometrics are on Tuesday and I plan to overnight the package on Wednesday. We have savings and letters from my in-laws pledging their support, but I feel like proving that we are employable is crucial to approval.

With that in mind, I actually have a phone interview with a potential UK employer on Wednesday morning. My question is, should I mention the interview as a way of proving that I am employable? Is there any reason not to, like UKBA possibly thinking I've done something I shouldn't have? I was clear about the fact that I will be coming on a spouse visa, but don't have it yet.

Is there any possible reason not to mention this? I feel like I'm being crazy paranoid, but with all of the new rules coming in I'm super on-edge about this whole process...

Thanks!
Old Mar 11th 2012, 3:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any reason not to mention interview?

I should think it matters not either way.
Old Jun 30th 2012, 10:41 pm
Forum Regular

ajdjad is just really niceajdjad is just really niceajdjad is just really niceajdjad is just really niceajdjad is just really niceajdjad is just really niceajdjad is just really niceajdjad is just really nice

Did you mention the job interview? How are things going along with your application? We are in the same situation.
Old Jul 2nd 2012, 5:57 pm
Just Joined

LilInIl will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by ajdjad
Did you mention the job interview? How are things going along with your application? We are in the same situation.
I did not, I thought my application was strong enough without it. Got the visa a few months back.
Old Jul 3rd 2012, 10:53 am
Back from India

pennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by ajdjad
Will not do any harm as it shows intention to work!