Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

+++ Any News from Atlanta DO? Anything at all? +++

+++ Any News from Atlanta DO? Anything at all? +++

Old Sep 12th 2005, 5:27 pm
Just Joined

e17345 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default +++ Any News from Atlanta DO? Anything at all? +++

Has anyone received anything from the Atlanta DO? Particularly around I-485?The laters CIS's update is that they are processing cased dated Nov 2003 (!!!???)

Just curious if this is accurate and/or if there's any other news from that District Office....

Thanks in advance.
__________________________________________________ __
4/20/2005: Day 01 -- Mailed I-485, I-765 & I-131 to Chicago
4/27/2005: Day 07 -- Receipt Date
5/23/2005: Day 34 -- Notice Date
6/21/2005: Day 63 -- AP approved on-line
7/05/2005: Day 77 -- Received AP (expiration: June 2006)
7/27/2005: Day 99 -- FP & Biometric Completed
8/09/2005: Day 143 -- EAD Approved on-line
8/15/2005: Day 149 -- EAD Received (expiration: June 2006)
Old Sep 13th 2005, 2:18 pm
K1 via London

Steffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: +++ Any News from Atlanta DO? Anything at all? +++

Originally Posted by e17345
Has anyone received anything from the Atlanta DO? Particularly around I-485?The laters CIS's update is that they are processing cased dated Nov 2003 (!!!???)

Just curious if this is accurate and/or if there's any other news from that District Office....

Thanks in advance.
Well, I'm October 2003 (!) and there's no news what so ever regarding my interview. However, I've heard of numerous other cases being approved from Atlanta that are as far ahead as January 2005 (!!). Not good news for me, but apparently good news for you.
Old Sep 13th 2005, 9:30 pm
Forum Regular

AMonica76 will become famous soon enough

Hello,

My NOA date is Jan 06, 2004. I had my interview last July 25, everything went perfect, I just had to re-do fingerprints and biomentrics and wait for security clearance... I got my greencard in the mail Aug 26! 2 yrs. conditional since my second year aniversary is in Oct.

Good luck to all!

Thanks in advance.
Old Sep 13th 2005, 11:47 pm
Just Joined

hollyga is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: +++ Any News from Atlanta DO? Anything at all? +++

Hi!

We're from GA and we had our AOS interviews Aug 2. 2005. Interview went well but I was required to have new fingeprints & biometrics (I had them the same day as my interview). BCIS website says that on Aug 10, 2005, the new fingerprints results have been submitted to BCIS & processing of my case was resumed.

Our AOS info are as follows:

12/30/03:

I-130, I-765, I-485 filed in Colorado All forms forwarded to NBC-Missouri.

We changed permanent address in 3/04 (we now lived in Georgia)

1/27/05: My husband received NOA for I-130 (in our GA address)

I-485 & I-765 NOA received in my Oklahoma address (since I'm staying in Oklahoma as students & my school DSO said I need to maintain my school address in SEVIS records)

10/04: I received my first EAD card (expiration 10/26/05)

Before the AOS interview, we got NOA (dated July 26, 2005) requiring me to have new fingerprints & biometrics.

8/02/05: AOS interview in Atlanta. I had my new fingeprint & biometrics the same day.
We also updated our address during the interview because, my husband & I recently purchased a house.

The adjudicating office told me not to renew the EAD (yet) because he said I'll probably have the greencard before it expires (i hope so).
Now, we're waiting for the updated status of my case.
I hope these info helps.
Old Sep 15th 2005, 1:06 am
BE Enthusiast

LucyMO has a spectacular aura aboutLucyMO has a spectacular aura aboutLucyMO has a spectacular aura about

Funny thing, I was just summoned to renew my FPs, because old ones expired. They were only 12 months old.

Next Thursday - new FP
Week after that - AOS Interview.

Wish me luck!
Old Sep 15th 2005, 2:29 pm
K1 via London

Steffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LucyMO
Funny thing, I was just summoned to renew my FPs, because old ones expired. They were only 12 months old.

Next Thursday - new FP
Week after that - AOS Interview.

Wish me luck!
Did they send you a letter with a pre-set date? That's what they did for me...minus the interview part of course.
Old Sep 15th 2005, 11:00 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks in advance.

FWIW, I just came back from a 'work group' meeting in Los Angeles. There was some discussion of LOS getting back its personnel who have been "detailed" to other districts. And the backlog in the districts the "details" were made to have been catching up. Yours truly lightly commented [since it was NOT relevant to OUR meeting] "New York or Atlanta?" Answer: "Atlanta."
Old Sep 15th 2005, 11:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

LucyMO has a spectacular aura aboutLucyMO has a spectacular aura aboutLucyMO has a spectacular aura about

so, that's what caused such a pleasant suprise for me in terms of speedy interview scheduling. Only 14 month wait as opposed to 2.5 years that I expected.
Old Sep 15th 2005, 11:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Steffi
Did they send you a letter with a pre-set date?
Yes.
Old Sep 16th 2005, 12:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to behold

Did they send you a letter with a pre-set date? That's what they did for me...minus the interview part of course.
Steff - thought I'd let you know - I received an ASC Appointment Notice yesterday and have to go for fingerprinting on 14 October.

My AOS notice date is 31st March 2004.

I"ve also made an Infopass appointment for 27 September to try and find out what's happening with my daughter's AOS since I haven't heard anything about her status except the online status at the end of March this year when it cancelled her appointment.

I'll keep you posted
Old Sep 16th 2005, 12:55 pm
K1 via London

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
FWIW, I just came back from a 'work group' meeting in Los Angeles. There was some discussion of LOS getting back its personnel who have been "detailed" to other districts. And the backlog in the districts the "details" were made to have been catching up. Yours truly lightly commented [since it was NOT relevant to OUR meeting] "New York or Atlanta?" Answer: "Atlanta."
Sorry, I'm a little slow...does that mean Los Angeles staff has been sent to Atlanta to help with their huge backlog?

Speaking of backlog, I just checked the website and they are now saying they are processing cases from MARCH 2004!!! I'm getting pretty pissy over here...I'm October 2003. *angry*
Old Sep 16th 2005, 1:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to behold

Sorry, I'm a little slow...does that mean Los Angeles staff has been sent to Atlanta to help with their huge backlog?

Speaking of backlog, I just checked the website and they are now saying they are processing cases from MARCH 2004!!! I'm getting pretty pissy over here...I'm October 2003. *angry*

Well, I phoned up this morning to try and find out what is happening with my 8 year old's AOS. I explained that we had moved in March of this year and I had updated our new address. I said htat on 31st March her online status said "your interview has been cancelled" yet I never received a Notice or anything else for her. I told him that I was puzzled because my online status is exactly the same now as it was last June i.e "your fingerprints have been received etc etc" and yet I have recieved an appointment notice, a cancellation notice and now a fingerprinting notice.

He then took the new address from me saying "I"ll take it again just to play safe and you should receive confirmation within 30 days". MInd you I never received confirmation but I have received notices so obviously they changed my address ... I"m worrying that they never actually changes hers.

He then told me that it could be the case where she wont have to redo her biometrics as she's only 8 and then he told me "ATLANTA are now processing MARCH 1st 2004 applications so you and your daughter should hear something very soon". He also told me that it may be the case that she wont have to go for an interview i.e it's possible that she may be approved without having an interview.

Just as well I've made an INfopass appointment for 27 September
Old Sep 16th 2005, 2:40 pm
K1 via London

Hmmm, so you think that because of the move your daughters stuff got messed up? Let us know the outcome after that Infopass appointment.
Old Sep 16th 2005, 4:37 pm
Forum Regular

Julia_sb is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I have recently attended my AOS interview in Atl. Sorry, I didn't have time to post my experience and details earlier but thought I post some quick info in this thread.

My NOA is around May 2004 and I applied in April, 2004. I had my interview in Sept 8, 2005. I almost didn't make it but somehow we did...thank God Reason being that my son due date was Sept 7th while my interview was the next day. My husband and I decided not to change the interview date for we know we might not get the change and might be mistaken for "abandoning the petition". We took our chances and did make it. My son was born on Sept 6th and we checked out of the hospital and went straight to the interview...almost late but was called in almost immediately. A nice young lady sworn us in and started to confirm all the details of our names/details on the forms we submitted. Then, she continued to ask us what papers (proof) we have for her and we started to give her most of what we brought, like papers in our names etc. No updated affidavit needed although we had one. She didn't ask how we meet etc. The whole interview was basically to confirm/verify all the details we submitted, she asked the standard questions in I-485 forms and ask for some proof of our marriage (we also have 2 children). No drama at all and the interview was very casual. At the end of the interview, she said everything looked great and that she had to run the paperwork thru her boss and we were approved! She took my passport with her and then gave it back to me with the I-551 stamp. She told me the green card will arrive in 2 weeks. Yesterday (Sept 16), I received the "Welcome Letter" for my permanent residence approval The day of my interview was also my 7th wedding anniversary, we had the best gift

Fyi, I spoke to my friend (USC) recently who applied for her husband (Aug/Sept 2004) and she told me that she just received the interview letter. Looks like things are speeding up. Hope you and others will hear something soon

Best wishes,

Julia

Thanks in advance.
Old Sep 16th 2005, 5:14 pm
K1 via London

Congratulations on baby and green card!