Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Any K1's who applied to Nebraska around 3rd quarter 2003 or since...

Any K1's who applied to Nebraska around 3rd quarter 2003 or since...

Old Jan 8th 2004, 3:11 pm
Living in Milwaukee, USA!

mcjimbo will become famous soon enough
Default Any K1's who applied to Nebraska around 3rd quarter 2003 or since...

Hi,

After a few posts on the forum today i would say ive become a little sceptic about whether I will have my fiancee visa in time for our wedding in July.

If you've filed at Nebraska or even another service centre and been either recieved your 2nd NOA or embassy interview since 3rd/4th quarter of 2003 please let me know. I want to try and establish how fast Nebraska is processing these types of applications.

Cheers

James
Old Jan 8th 2004, 7:08 pm
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any K1's who applied to Nebraska around 3rd quarter 2003 or since...

Originally posted by mcjimbo
Hi,

After a few posts on the forum today i would say ive become a little sceptic about whether I will have my fiancee visa in time for our wedding in July.

If you've filed at Nebraska or even another service centre and been either recieved your 2nd NOA or embassy interview since 3rd/4th quarter of 2003 please let me know. I want to try and establish how fast Nebraska is processing these types of applications.

Cheers

James
Hi James,
Our timeline:

5/28/03: Sent I129F to NSC
5/29/03: 1st NOA
11/25/03: 2nd NOA
1/06/04: Interview in London and visa issued

You know how to check the processing dates, right? Go to the USCIS website and check to see what date NSC is currently processing. This will tell you where they are officially at any given moment.

I hope that your plans can stay on track, but I've learned with this process NEVER to count on anything. Good luck to you both!

~SecretGarden
Old Jan 8th 2004, 7:25 pm
Dazed and Confused

KatherineH is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Any K1's who applied to Nebraska around 3rd quarter 2003 or since...

Our NOA1 from Nebraska was 9/15/03. We're planning our wedding for September 25, 2004 because we wanted to leave PLENTY of wiggle room. When it looked like NSC was speeding up, we considered moving the date forward but I'm glad we didn't.

I'd rather have the wait be our choice than theirs, ya know?
Old Jan 8th 2004, 7:33 pm

Originally posted by KatherineH
Our NOA1 from Nebraska was 9/15/03. We're planning our wedding for September 25, 2004 because we wanted to leave PLENTY of wiggle room. When it looked like NSC was speeding up, we considered moving the date forward but I'm glad we didn't.

I'd rather have the wait be our choice than theirs, ya know?

Yes i guess we are cutting it pretty fine. I hope there are no delays, otherwise i might have to consider other options....
Old Jan 8th 2004, 7:42 pm

Originally posted by SecretGarden
Hi James,
Our timeline:

5/28/03: Sent I129F to NSC
5/29/03: 1st NOA
11/25/03: 2nd NOA
1/06/04: Interview in London and visa issued

You know how to check the processing dates, right? Go to the USCIS website and check to see what date NSC is currently processing. This will tell you where they are officially at any given moment.

I hope that your plans can stay on track, but I've learned with this process NEVER to count on anything. Good luck to you both!

~SecretGarden
SecretGarden,

Yep thanks for the advice, can I just say i'm sick and tired of seeing this text when i check it online:

Receipt Number: linxxxxxxxxx

Application Type: I129F, PETITION FOR FIANCE(E)

Current Status:

Your I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E) was received on September 8, 2003. We mailed you a receipt with information about processing. It is taking between 150 and 180 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision or advice from the BCIS within the projected processing time frame*, please contact the National Customer Service Center.

National Customer Service Center (800) 375-5283

* The projected processing time frame can be found on the receipt notice that you received from the BCIS.

I just hope we have a smooth, trouble free ride....
Old Jan 8th 2004, 7:48 pm
Dazed and Confused

KatherineH is an unknown quantity at this point

LOL, that comment reminded me of something...

I usually check our status from the PC at work but I was out in Montana for the holidays and had my iBook with me. (I check it way too often, but I know if I don't, stuff will happen! Right?!?)

It's gotten to the point where I don't really read it any more, I just see a block of text that always looks the same, with the same 150-180, and know it's not approved.

When I checked the status on my iBook, the formatting looked different and it looked shorter, and my stomach reflexively did a summersault. It was the same text of course, but that little difference took a second to process.

Ah, conditioning.

SecretGarden,

Yep thanks for the advice, can I just say i'm sick and tired of seeing this text when i check it online:
Old Jan 8th 2004, 9:47 pm
Forum Regular

IndyGreg is an unknown quantity at this point

James, I received my first NOA on Sept the 9th from nebraska, so I guess I should be looking out for when you are approved! Hopefully we get ours done on the same day =)
Old Jan 9th 2004, 8:06 am

Originally posted by IndyGreg
James, I received my first NOA on Sept the 9th from nebraska, so I guess I should be looking out for when you are approved! Hopefully we get ours done on the same day =)
Hi IndyGreg,

Your my new bestfriend, if you want to email me my address is [email protected].

I would love to know when you get your 2nd NOA. There is hope yet!
Old Jan 10th 2004, 12:09 am
Forum Regular

sparkler has a reputation beyond reputesparkler has a reputation beyond reputesparkler has a reputation beyond reputesparkler has a reputation beyond reputesparkler has a reputation beyond reputesparkler has a reputation beyond reputesparkler has a reputation beyond reputesparkler has a reputation beyond reputesparkler has a reputation beyond reputesparkler has a reputation beyond reputesparkler has a reputation beyond repute

We can relate to your situation! My fiance got a postal acknowledgement to our 129-F form on 17 October 2003 and no further response so we are feeling anxious too. We haven't set a date because we don't know when I'll get the visa. Hang in there but like people say, don't rely too much on the online process enquiries. That standard text is so boring! Wishing you all the best with your application. sparkler.
Old Feb 4th 2004, 2:41 am
David Schwartz

"mcjimbo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Originally posted by IndyGreg
    > > James, I received my first NOA on Sept the 9th from nebraska, so I
    > > guess I should be looking out for when you are approved! Hopefully
    > > we get ours done on the same day =)
    > Hi IndyGreg,
    > Your my new bestfriend, if you want to email me my address is
    > [email protected].
    > I would love to know when you get your 2nd NOA. There is hope yet!
    > --
    > James Davidson

Indeed, the date on my first NOA was Sept. 15. Feb. 15 marks 150 days, the
soonest they say they would approve. I, too, would like to know when
petitions filed in September 2003 start to get approved.

I will read this newsgroup every day.

Old Feb 4th 2004, 7:44 am
Skyscrapered

Haggischomper has a spectacular aura aboutHaggischomper has a spectacular aura aboutHaggischomper has a spectacular aura about

Hi,

Cheers

James
James, my NOA1 from NSC is Sep 18th.
Old Feb 4th 2004, 8:08 am

Originally posted by Haggischomper
James, my NOA1 from NSC is Sep 18th.
Maybe this thread can form the support group for the "September club Nebraska"

I'm still yet to hear anything, I check my status everyday. I'm thinking 180 is more likely than 150! I'm now at day 155!
Old Feb 4th 2004, 1:25 pm
Forum Regular

WiAnSiempre is an unknown quantity at this point

Maybe this thread can form the support group for the "September club Nebraska"

I'm still yet to hear anything, I check my status everyday. I'm thinking 180 is more likely than 150! I'm now at day 155!
Hi Jim. I know how frustrating the wait is. The new reports that came out yesterday say that NSC is processing July 24 now, take that with a grain of salt They could be processing a few in August, so maybe in the next month or 2 they will get to Sept. I'm going through TSC and received an RFE on Friday 1/30 (my NOA1 is 9/16) so Texas is moving a little faster (I know that's not helping you any though

Just wanted to let you know to hang in there. It will happen eventually.

Angela
Old Feb 4th 2004, 2:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really niceMrDub is just really nice

Originally posted by WiAnSiempre
Hi Jim. I know how frustrating the wait is. The new reports that came out yesterday say that NSC is processing July 24 now, take that with a grain of salt They could be processing a few in August, so maybe in the next month or 2 they will get to Sept. I'm going through TSC and received an RFE on Friday 1/30 (my NOA1 is 9/16) so Texas is moving a little faster (I know that's not helping you any though

Just wanted to let you know to hang in there. It will happen eventually.

Angela
Where exactly did you come across these 'new reports that were posted yesterday' ?. I read NSC were processing NOA 1's from July 24 about 2 weeks ago. I hope they are not still processing from this day 14 days later !. Anyway Im waiting on an approval from NSC based on my NOA1 13 August...any day now. Ill be sure to let you all know !
Old Feb 4th 2004, 3:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by MrDub
Where exactly did you come across these 'new reports that were posted yesterday' ?. I read NSC were processing NOA 1's from July 24 about 2 weeks ago. I hope they are not still processing from this day 14 days later !. Anyway Im waiting on an approval from NSC based on my NOA1 13 August...any day now. Ill be sure to let you all know !

Mr Dub,

Go to https://egov.immigration.gov/graphic...sp?textFlag=N# and choose Service Center, then choose Nebraska. Unfortunately, it does say that they are still working on July 24th. But they could be working on a large range of dates right now.

When we were approved through Texas, the current report said they were processing July 17th (or so), and our NOA1 was Aug. 11th so they were definitely working ahead of the processing date.

Good luck to you all at Nebraska - I know the waiting is pure hell.

Jamie

Edit: Just realized that this report said Jan. 22nd so it is not the latest and greatest. Not sure where the newest report came from then.

Last edited by Bluegrass Lass; Feb 4th 2004 at 3:06 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.