Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Any K1 Vermont experiences?

Any K1 Vermont experiences?

Old Feb 24th 2004, 7:14 pm
Forum Regular

ShirlelyandRay is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Any K1 Vermont experiences?

Ray and I will shortly be applying for our K1 Visa through Vermont. I've not seen much about that center on the forums. Anyone have any experiences to share?

Thanks,
Shirley
Old Feb 24th 2004, 7:37 pm
foxy little minx

bequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Any K1 Vermont experiences?

Hi,

Vermont is generally regarded as the best/fastest service center of the bunch, and although that's usually true, there have been a few of us who got a longer wait than average... still, our longer waits have been usually shorter than other service centers' average waits. So, in short, you're in luck.

My timeline below...
Old Feb 24th 2004, 7:41 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by ShirlelyandRay
Ray and I will shortly be applying for our K1 Visa through Vermont. I've not seen much about that center on the forums. Anyone have any experiences to share?

Thanks,
Shirley

Why not give a read to the first post of this forum. Check out the various links and you will find information on the K-1 and VSC as well as POE's, interviews, etc.

Rete
Old Feb 24th 2004, 8:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

MarDae will become famous soon enough

Thanks,
Shirley
Petition sent to Visa received took exactly 3 months when we applied. We got slowed down on the Vermont end of things...our petition was almost overdue at the time but then our petition cleared NVC in lightning speed and the Dublin consulate was also quick! Our time line is below.

Best of Luck!!!

MarDae
Old Feb 24th 2004, 9:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

janadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond repute

Here's my time line if it helps any - also - there's tons of info out there and on this board re Vermont k1's. Do a quick seach here on like, "vermont" and see what comes up maybe.

Thanks,
Shirley
Old Feb 24th 2004, 10:37 pm
Forum Regular

Duh....sorry! I did look at all of that and printed off quite a few of the pages. Thanks!
Old Feb 24th 2004, 10:52 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks,
Shirley
You are lucky!! Vermont is the fastest service center!!
My friend Siobhan went thru it and got approved in 7 days, It usually takes 2 months, timelines differs from one case to another though

Good luck!!
Old Feb 25th 2004, 12:39 am
Forum Regular

That's great! Maybe something will go right for us on this. He got his birth certificate and then I told him he need the long version so now he's getting that to have. I have the packet of information that we need. We are just waiting on his divorce to go through. They just keep putting it off, this time they are saying it will be March 12! She has put up a road block everywhere or so it seems. They have not lived together for 2 years.
Old Feb 25th 2004, 2:38 am
The Survivors!!

Clare & Steven is an unknown quantity at this point

Not to depress you, but here's my timeline...LOL.
You DO know not to submit any paperwork until you have the divorce papers in your hands, right? Ok, just making sure
Best of luck!
Clare
Old Feb 25th 2004, 2:47 am
Forum Regular

buffalo24 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Clare,

Do you mind if I ask...what is the reason for your delays - going through Vermont and Montreal - it shouldn't be taking that long, right?!

I'm sorry; I'm rather new to the newsgroup so I haven't heard your story but...is there any special reason why your case is taking so long, or have you guys just fallen on some bad luck? I'm sorry either way I am going through Vermont and Montreal so I'm just curious...

Originally posted by Clare & Steven
You DO know not to submit any paperwork until you have the divorce papers in your hands, right? Ok, just making sure
Best of luck!
Clare
Old Feb 25th 2004, 5:04 am
Forum Regular

Darkie is an unknown quantity at this point

No special reason it took awhile longer for us, wasnt under admin processing, so who knows why it took so long
Old Feb 25th 2004, 8:04 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Clare & Steven
Best of luck!
Clare
Yes I do know not to mail anything....lol. But thanks for telling me!
Shirley
Old Feb 25th 2004, 9:17 am
Forum Regular

clare47uk is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks,
Shirley
Hi

My timeline below shows my I-129F experience through Vermont so far. We screwed up on the divorce documentation because the paperwork didn't have the stamp and seal on it that USCIS require. It meant a trip to the public records office and $5. Really frustrating that it wasn't on the documentation that my fiance and his ex-wife had. They've been divorced 6 years so timing wasn't the problem.

This time around it has taken 40 days so far, I'm hoping that the processing times reports aren't too inacurate and we hear something in the next couple of weeks.

Best of luck
Clare
Old Feb 26th 2004, 12:40 am
The Survivors!!

Clare & Steven is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry Buffalo, I didn't see your question until now.
I think the delay was because Steven got a hit on his name...it's possible it was because of his CMT and the current need for an I-601...we can only guess. At the same time we had the long delay, there were a few others that had no required waivers that were delayed also. It's really hard to say why, sorry.
Good luck and hang in there
Clare

Originally posted by buffalo24
Hi Clare,

Do you mind if I ask...what is the reason for your delays - going through Vermont and Montreal - it shouldn't be taking that long, right?!

I'm sorry; I'm rather new to the newsgroup so I haven't heard your story but...is there any special reason why your case is taking so long, or have you guys just fallen on some bad luck? I'm sorry either way I am going through Vermont and Montreal so I'm just curious...
Old Feb 28th 2004, 2:42 pm
Forum Regular

Got a call from Ray first thing this morning. He was so excited! He is a truck driver in the UK and hadn't been home for a while. But his divorce papers were their waiting on him.
So now we can start to gather up all of the information and papers that we need and file. I'm walking on the clouds today!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.