Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Any I-751 Approvals from CSC yet???

Any I-751 Approvals from CSC yet???

Old Nov 14th 2005, 2:20 pm
june

June has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud of
Question Any I-751 Approvals from CSC yet???

Hi All:

I was just wondering if anyone has received any recent approvals for their I-751 from the CSC? If so how long did you have to wait from the time you filed? My husband & I filed on 8/17/05 & have not heard anything to date except for the extension letter that we received on 8/21/05.
I would appreciate responses.

Thanks June
Old Nov 14th 2005, 2:52 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Any I-751 Approvals from CSC yet???

Originally Posted by June
Hi All:

I was just wondering if anyone has received any recent approvals for their I-751 from the CSC? If so how long did you have to wait from the time you filed? My husband & I filed on 8/17/05 & have not heard anything to date except for the extension letter that we received on 8/21/05.
I would appreciate responses.

Thanks June
Hi:

Go to the www.uscis.gov website and click the "case status and processing dates" link on the right side. Drill down to the "processing dates" for the CSC.

Please note that information for INDIVIDUAL I-751's canNOT be accessed on line.

The "processing dates" list information is posted generally every two weeks and simply lists the date of OLDEST case "on the shelf" awaiting initial processing for adjudication. Anything older than that date should have gone "to the floor" for initial adjudication.

The CIS internal guidelines is that the initial adjudication process is to be done within 30 days. However, this can result in approval or referral to local district for an interview. I've never seen an RFE from CSC -- rather than an RFE, you get an interview. A referral to an interview does NOT mean anything is definitely wrong -- there are certain "profiles" and some are just referred for quality control purposes.

Please note that notice is NOT given of a referral to the local district.

Furthermore, in tracking the processing dates [which is generally FAIRLY reliable], do NOT assume they move in a linear fashion. They don't. Please note that I-751 are not the only type of family related application on the list -- and adjudicators are often transferred to other applications as the need arises. For example, we have noted that a lot of the backlogged family I-130's filed in the 2001 "245(i)" deadline are now being adjudicated because their priority dates are coming somewhat close to being current.

In the meanwhile, a person with a pending I-751 is still a permanent resident for all legal purposes including acquiring time for citizenship. In fact, one can file the N-400 while the I-751 is still pending if otherwise qualified for naturalization. CIS will then join the two files and adjudicate them together [two filing fees for one interview!]
Old Nov 14th 2005, 5:58 pm
june

June has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud of
Question Re: Any I-751 Approvals from CSC yet???

Hi

Thanks for the response. What is the likely hood of the CSC referring a case out for an interview especially if the jointly filed I-751 that was sent to them was very comprehensive & detailed with evidence of a joint life together? I have another question as well. Is it true that the longer the CSC takes to start the processing the I-751 case the more likely it will be referred out for an interview? Responses would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks, June

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

Go to the www.uscis.gov website and click the "case status and processing dates" link on the right side. Drill down to the "processing dates" for the CSC.

Please note that information for INDIVIDUAL I-751's canNOT be accessed on line.

The "processing dates" list information is posted generally every two weeks and simply lists the date of OLDEST case "on the shelf" awaiting initial processing for adjudication. Anything older than that date should have gone "to the floor" for initial adjudication.

The CIS internal guidelines is that the initial adjudication process is to be done within 30 days. However, this can result in approval or referral to local district for an interview. I've never seen an RFE from CSC -- rather than an RFE, you get an interview. A referral to an interview does NOT mean anything is definitely wrong -- there are certain "profiles" and some are just referred for quality control purposes.

Please note that notice is NOT given of a referral to the local district.

Furthermore, in tracking the processing dates [which is generally FAIRLY reliable], do NOT assume they move in a linear fashion. They don't. Please note that I-751 are not the only type of family related application on the list -- and adjudicators are often transferred to other applications as the need arises. For example, we have noted that a lot of the backlogged family I-130's filed in the 2001 "245(i)" deadline are now being adjudicated because their priority dates are coming somewhat close to being current.

In the meanwhile, a person with a pending I-751 is still a permanent resident for all legal purposes including acquiring time for citizenship. In fact, one can file the N-400 while the I-751 is still pending if otherwise qualified for naturalization. CIS will then join the two files and adjudicate them together [two filing fees for one interview!]
Old Nov 14th 2005, 7:11 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

Thanks for the response. What is the likely hood of the CSC referring a case out for an interview especially if the jointly filed I-751 that was sent to them was very comprehensive & detailed with evidence of a joint life together? I have another question as well. Is it true that the longer the CSC takes to start the processing the I-751 case the more likely it will be referred out for an interview? Responses would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks, June
Hi:

Your application is in. There is nothing more for you to do. It is out of your control. Just don't worry about it. Either you will be referred for an interview or you won't.

In the meanwhile, take it easy.
Old Nov 14th 2005, 9:43 pm
june

Wink Re: Any I-751 Approvals from CSC yet???

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

Your application is in. There is nothing more for you to do. It is out of your control. Just don't worry about it. Either you will be referred for an interview or you won't.

In the meanwhile, take it easy.
I know you are right, but I am such a worrier. It is so hard for me when I am unable to have control of things I am such a perfectionist.
Old Nov 15th 2005, 1:20 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

I know you are right, but I am such a worrier. It is so hard for me when I am unable to have control of things I am such a perfectionist.
Hi June,

The I-751 is very hard to find out the status of. Everyone's case is different, with different evidence turned in, and different officers reviewing the cases. There is no way to predict anything realistically. Just hang in there, sit back, and wait for some news. In the meantime, if you become eligible for citizenship, you can apply for that even if your I-751 has not yet been adjudicated.

The best thing (and probably most difficult) you can do right now is to just go about your life as if you have nothing to do with immigration anymore.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Nov 15th 2005, 2:16 pm
june

Wink Re: Any I-751 Approvals from CSC yet???

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Hi June,

The I-751 is very hard to find out the status of. Everyone's case is different, with different evidence turned in, and different officers reviewing the cases. There is no way to predict anything realistically. Just hang in there, sit back, and wait for some news. In the meantime, if you become eligible for citizenship, you can apply for that even if your I-751 has not yet been adjudicated.

The best thing (and probably most difficult) you can do right now is to just go about your life as if you have nothing to do with immigration anymore.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Thanks Rene your words of support & encouragement help a lot.

June