Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Another weekend without a 2nd NOA

Another weekend without a 2nd NOA

Old Nov 7th 2003, 7:17 pm
Forum Regular

goldrush is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Another weekend without a 2nd NOA

I am very sad. They have barely begun approving 8/4. I don't know what am I being punished for.
Old Nov 7th 2003, 8:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

lpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Another weekend without a 2nd NOA

Originally posted by goldrush
I am very sad. They have barely begun approving 8/4. I don't know what am I being punished for.
You aren't being punished...hang in there Goldie
Old Nov 7th 2003, 8:08 pm
Charlie Tuna

CharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of light

I received my NOA2 on a saturday which suprised the hell out of me
Old Nov 7th 2003, 8:10 pm
K1 via London

Steffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond repute

There's still hope for getting it tomorrow! If they sent it today or yesterday you could well receive it on a Saturday.
Old Nov 7th 2003, 8:11 pm
Overworked and exhausted

Hebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud of

They aren't singling you out for anything, so don't start getting paranoid. (I think you already have!) You can cope like I do - eat 15 chocolate chip cookies after dinner and you'll feel too sedated to worry.

Old Nov 7th 2003, 8:24 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Hebapotamus42
They aren't singling you out for anything, so don't start getting paranoid. (I think you already have!) You can cope like I do - eat 15 chocolate chip cookies after dinner and you'll feel too sedated to worry.
LOL!!! Thats the most I have laughed in the last few days. Thank you, Heba.
Old Nov 7th 2003, 8:26 pm
Forum Regular

LOL!!! Thats the most I have laughed in the last few days. Thank you, Heba.
Thanks to all for your support ... lpdiver, Steffi, Charlie. I would have been in a worse shape without this NG.
Old Nov 7th 2003, 8:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

lpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks to all for your support ... lpdiver, Steffi, Charlie. I would have been in a worse shape without this NG.
Also do something positive. Go shopping for your spouses Christmas gift.

Exercise the weight loss will do you good, the body makes anti-depressant chemicals from exercise, and your spouse will love it. ( THis PAPA NOEL has lost 50 lbs...hope MAMA noel approves)

Become fluent in his/her language. HE/She will ADORE you for it.

Take a small weekend trip to get your mind off of it!
Old Nov 7th 2003, 8:34 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Hebapotamus42
Hi:

What makes you so sure of that? One of my favorite short stories by Robert Heinlein was entitled "They".

Old Nov 7th 2003, 8:49 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by lpdiver
Also do something positive. Go shopping for your spouses Christmas gift.

Exercise the weight loss will do you good, the body makes anti-depressant chemicals from exercise, and your spouse will love it. ( THis PAPA NOEL has lost 50 lbs...hope MAMA noel approves)

Become fluent in his/her language. HE/She will ADORE you for it.

Take a small weekend trip to get your mind off of it!
I have totally lost it in the last few days. I should take-up some of these advices. Also, whats to prevent me from seeing my wife in India? I can always do that. I have accumulated vac time at work.
Old Nov 7th 2003, 9:02 pm
K1 via London

Steffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond repute

Also, whats to prevent me from seeing my wife in India? I can always do that. I have accumulated vac time at work.
Sounds good to me! Go for it!!
Old Nov 7th 2003, 11:11 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Steffi
Sounds good to me! Go for it!!
Thanks, Steffi.

Another bit of news that isn't news:

I spoke to an officer before 5 PM today. He said they are still working on 8/6. How long does it take to work on 8/6? More than 3 weeks?
Old Nov 7th 2003, 11:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks, Steffi.

Another bit of news that isn't news:

I spoke to an officer before 5 PM today. He said they are still working on 8/6. How long does it take to work on 8/6? More than 3 weeks?
Probably just repeating information contained in the progress/aging report. It will magically jump when the new one is issued....My guess anyway.
Old Nov 8th 2003, 12:25 am
Reuben

I feel likewise - I think we are all high in expectations, I myself expected
this process to take much less time.
I don't know who told me that and why, I think there is information on
several immigration-related web sites pointing out to a quick 1-2 month
overall process for K3's. According to the information I am seeing here in
this group it seems to be more like 3-5 months from receipt of NOA1 to full
visa in hand... and that if we are lucky.
My wife and I are at day 80 today, and still no news.
It's not so hard for me, as I am living in the same house, same job etc, but
she already sold her condo, got all packed, all in the assumption that the
process was going to take no more than 2 months or so overall.

Anyway, hang out there, we are all going to get the approval sooner or
later.

(There is a beautiful lunar eclipse coming up tomorrow - in case you need an
excuse to cheer up - hope you have a view where you are.)

Reuben

Old Nov 8th 2003, 12:45 am
BE Forum Addict

I myself am at day 78 so can commisurate with you. But I was told 5-7 months at the start and it looks like that is a realistic expectation. Of course if you want you can find what ever you wish to hear on the internet. It is unfortunate that the information is so dificult to obtain.

Originally posted by Reuben
I feel likewise - I think we are all high in expectations, I myself expected
this process to take much less time.
I don't know who told me that and why, I think there is information on
several immigration-related web sites pointing out to a quick 1-2 month
overall process for K3's. According to the information I am seeing here in
this group it seems to be more like 3-5 months from receipt of NOA1 to full
visa in hand... and that if we are lucky.
My wife and I are at day 80 today, and still no news.
It's not so hard for me, as I am living in the same house, same job etc, but
she already sold her condo, got all packed, all in the assumption that the
process was going to take no more than 2 months or so overall.

Anyway, hang out there, we are all going to get the approval sooner or
later.

(There is a beautiful lunar eclipse coming up tomorrow - in case you need an
excuse to cheer up - hope you have a view where you are.)

Reuben

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.