Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Another N400 Timeline...

Another N400 Timeline...

Old Apr 1st 2021, 6:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

BenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Another N400 Timeline...

Happy to say that I am now a US Citizen!

Interview was at 10:15, security was slow due to the Covid social distancing, once checked in I waited for about 10 minutes and was called in for my interview. They started out with the history questions, I got the first six correct so she moved on to the reading and writing portion. Then the interviewing officer verified my address, phone number, date of birth and social security number. Then we went through the Yes/No questions from the interview. She then told me that I was approved, administered the oath ceremony there and then and handed me a small US flag and my certificate of naturalization.

After applying for a passport and updating all the other fun stuff (driving license, registering to vote etc) the journey with USCIS is over! Very happy!

My timeline for those interested:

2020/11/19 - Filed online (local office is Denver, CO).
2020/11/28 - NOA received in the mail.
2021/01/20 - Biometric reuse letter received in the mail.
2021/04/01 - Interview, Approved, Oath Ceremony and Certificate of Naturalization in hand.

Last edited by BenK91; Apr 1st 2021 at 6:42 pm.
Old Apr 3rd 2021, 4:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BenK91

Interview was at 10:15, security was slow due to the Covid social distancing, once checked in I waited for about 10 minutes and was called in for my interview. They started out with the history questions, I got the first six correct so she moved on to the reading and writing portion. Then the interviewing officer verified my address, phone number, date of birth and social security number. Then we went through the Yes/No questions from the interview. She then told me that I was approved, administered the oath ceremony there and then and handed me a small US flag and my certificate of naturalization.

After applying for a passport and updating all the other fun stuff (driving license, registering to vote etc) the journey with USCIS is over! Very happy!

2021/04/01 - Interview, Approved, Oath Ceremony and Certificate of Naturalization in hand.
Congrats!!
Old Apr 5th 2021, 1:31 pm
KCMO

michaelr711 has a reputation beyond reputemichaelr711 has a reputation beyond reputemichaelr711 has a reputation beyond reputemichaelr711 has a reputation beyond reputemichaelr711 has a reputation beyond reputemichaelr711 has a reputation beyond reputemichaelr711 has a reputation beyond reputemichaelr711 has a reputation beyond reputemichaelr711 has a reputation beyond reputemichaelr711 has a reputation beyond reputemichaelr711 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BenK91

This is awesome! I remember interacting you around the time we both started our Green Card journey. I haven't been super active in the mean time - but I just got a citizenship interview notice through my USCIS account today so I'm not far behind you. Great to see
Old Apr 6th 2021, 12:47 am
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

How much notice did they give you for the interview?
Old Apr 6th 2021, 2:34 am
KCMO

michaelr711 has a reputation beyond reputemichaelr711 has a reputation beyond reputemichaelr711 has a reputation beyond reputemichaelr711 has a reputation beyond reputemichaelr711 has a reputation beyond reputemichaelr711 has a reputation beyond reputemichaelr711 has a reputation beyond reputemichaelr711 has a reputation beyond reputemichaelr711 has a reputation beyond reputemichaelr711 has a reputation beyond reputemichaelr711 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tom169
I got notice today for May 3rd
Old Apr 6th 2021, 3:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

BenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats!!
Thank you!

Originally Posted by michaelr711
This is awesome! I remember interacting you around the time we both started our Green Card journey. I haven't been super active in the mean time - but I just got a citizenship interview notice through my USCIS account today so I'm not far behind you. Great to see
Thank you very much, it's really anti-climatic like most USCIS encounters

It was about 4 weeks from interview notice to the actual interview date.
Old Jul 16th 2021, 5:39 pm
KCMO

Officially a US citizen here as of Wednesday