Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Another 2 join on K1 visa from Iran CLUB :D !!, we have some questions...HELP please

Another 2 join on K1 visa from Iran CLUB :D !!, we have some questions...HELP please

Old Oct 4th 2003, 1:41 am
Rahman

Default Another 2 join on K1 visa from Iran CLUB :D !!, we have some questions...HELP please

first of all, we're glad to find out we are not the only ones on
similar paths!, it gives us lots more hope and CONGRATULATIONS!! to
all of you who have succedded so far,
well, about our case, it happens that we have met in Iran once already
and can easily provide the requiered proofs etc, although we are now
thinking of ways to finally be together, we've realized from this
posts that a fiancee visa would be the faster approach, however we
have some doubts as in :

since it would have to be either turkey or dubai for her, if anyone
has gone through this while living in iran please HELP!!,
first of all,

1- after i make the petition here in the US and it gets approved, does
she get a specifit date to have the interview in either of those
places?

2 - does she have to go apply for the interview herslef and then
return when they give a date

3- since her passport is required to submit it does this mean she has
to stay in turkey or dubai for some time ?,

4 - can the medical exams and those things be done on the same day..?

some of this things are not clear to us and we would appreciate it so
much if anyone has gone through the whole process and can give us some
TIPS,
we are longing for this and it would be of SO MUCHHHH help and a moral
booost,
as you might understand IT IS TOUGH! to wait

Thank you all beforehand

our best sincere wishes to all

R.

Old Oct 4th 2003, 5:20 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default salaam Rahman!

Salaam Rahman,

Welcome to the forum (and especially the very small Iran Club) :-) My fiance is Iranian and lives in Turkey, although he's in Iran visiting right now. Let me try my best to answer your questions now, but keep your eyes open for a post soon from Jewels in this newsgroup. Her husband (he live in Iran) had his interview in Ankara yesterday, and I'm anxiously waiting for her to post her experience. Be aware she's already married and her husband's visa is a K3. To answer your questions:

1. After your petition gets approved here in the states, and it passes through security clearance at NVC (National Visa Center), it will be forwarded to the embassy of your choice (the one you specified on the I-129F). Your fiancee will be sent "Packet 3" which contains some forms she must fill out and return to the embassy. When they receive these, they will give her an interview date, and she will complete the medical some time before the interview date. Packet 3 should have the instructions on all of that.

2. She doesn't have to "apply" in person for the interview, no. They will do all the forms and arranging by mail or courier. The interesting here is that Jewels (the USC) received the Packet 3 here in the states, and had to forward it to her husband in Iran. That's the first time I heard of that happening.

3. She will have to show her passport at the interview, but if she is not granted the visa on the same day (which is probably the case), and she must return to Iran, they will return her passport so she can travel. They stamp her passport with something like "pending K1 visa". One of my friends here in the states got married in Iran and they used an embassy in Germany. His wife had NO problem traveling back to Iran after having her interview in Germany. She then returned 3 weeks later to pick up her visa.

4. I'm not sure when the medical exam needs to be done. I know she can't do it until after she recieves Packet 3 because in it is a list of approved doctors she must use. Good question to ask Jewels when she returns.

Jewels and I are the only two that are going through Ankara, it seems. Keivan, who sometimes posts here, went through UAE recently, and his wife is now here in the states with him. She lived in Iran. And as I said, another friend went through Germany, and his wife is now here with him also. These are all for K3 visa, though. I think you and I, and one other gentleman (Eric) are doing the K1 with Iranian fiance(e)s. Eric is also just at the beginning of the process. I'm not sure which embassy he chose.

Also, all her paperwork she needs to fill out will be in both English and Farsi, and her interview will also be either English or Farsi, whichever she chooses. There will be a translator available.

Which service center are you using? California?

I hope this was a help to you, please post any other questions, or feel free to email me at [email protected] if you would like to keep in touch. It's very nice to meet you, and I'm very interested in your progress, since we are both K1!

khoda negahdar,
Rene (day 78 at NVC)
Old Oct 4th 2003, 5:23 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default my timeline so far....

Hi again,

I just realized you are posting from usenet and probably couldn't see my timeline. Here it is, for your information:

I-129F for K1 filed at CSC: 3-6-03.
NOA1: 3-10-03.
NOA2: 7-11-03.
File received at NVC: 7-17-03.
Processing time: Unknown, of course.
Rene & Sadegh's Website

Best Wishes!
Rene
Old Oct 4th 2003, 8:52 am
Forum Regular

desertguy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Another 2 join on K1 visa from Iran CLUB :D !!, we have some questions...HELP please

If this helps you out. My fiance is Chilean / Iraqi and is living in Dubai. I went through the California service center and it took a little under 6 months to be approved. Our petition was then sent to the NVC and amazingly enough in less than two weeks time it was fowarded to the consulate in Dubai. The embassy in Dubai sent me paperwork for my fiance via the US. I requested that the paperwork be sent directly to my fiance in the UAE and they honored my request and sent it to her. The embassy in the UAE seems to be pretty helpfull. Her interview is set for October 25th. They actually post all their interview dates by case number on the internet and that was how I first found her interview date. On the downside the embassy in Dubai does not issue visas on the date of the interview. After the interview further name checks need to be completed. (Which is further incompetence because these name checks could be done beforehand.) I am going to be there for her interview on the 25th. If you are interested to know how the process goes in Dubai just let me know. I will keep you posted. Good luck to you.
Originally posted by Rahman
first of all, we're glad to find out we are not the only ones on
similar paths!, it gives us lots more hope and CONGRATULATIONS!! to
all of you who have succedded so far,
well, about our case, it happens that we have met in Iran once already
and can easily provide the requiered proofs etc, although we are now
thinking of ways to finally be together, we've realized from this
posts that a fiancee visa would be the faster approach, however we
have some doubts as in :

since it would have to be either turkey or dubai for her, if anyone
has gone through this while living in iran please HELP!!,
first of all,

1- after i make the petition here in the US and it gets approved, does
she get a specifit date to have the interview in either of those
places?

2 - does she have to go apply for the interview herslef and then
return when they give a date

3- since her passport is required to submit it does this mean she has
to stay in turkey or dubai for some time ?,

4 - can the medical exams and those things be done on the same day..?

some of this things are not clear to us and we would appreciate it so
much if anyone has gone through the whole process and can give us some
TIPS,
we are longing for this and it would be of SO MUCHHHH help and a moral
booost,
as you might understand IT IS TOUGH! to wait

Thank you all beforehand

our best sincere wishes to all

R.
Old Oct 16th 2003, 3:07 am
Rahman

Default Re: Another 2 join on K1 visa from Iran CLUB :D !!, we have some questions...HELP please

Thank you both! for replying and your sympathy, well my best wishes,
good luck to you 2 and please keep me posted...
Noorah; i'd like to know about this person that you mentioned with a
husband living in iran, i guess i'll email you if i don't see a reply
here later,
may all be well with you and hang in there
i will keep you posted too
until then...

R.

Old Oct 16th 2003, 4:10 am

Originally posted by Rahman
Thank you both! for replying and your sympathy, well my best wishes,
good luck to you 2 and please keep me posted...
Noorah; i'd like to know about this person that you mentioned with a
husband living in iran, i guess i'll email you if i don't see a reply
here later,
may all be well with you and hang in there
i will keep you posted too
until then...

R.
Hello Rahman

That persons name here in the newsgroup is Jewels. If you do a search for her posts, you will find her story on here. She just got back from Ankara, she went for her husband's interview. He is hoping to get his visa this Friday (Oct. 17) and fly to the states on Sunday. Email me if you want to chat, or give me your email and I'll pass it on to her and see if she minds contacting you directly.

Best Wishes!!
Rene (day 90 at NVC)