Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Alvena..address change/form for pouch

Alvena..address change/form for pouch

Old Jan 31st 2002, 2:25 am
Synchro1212

Alvena, I am sending this to you because I hae posted these questions 3 - 4 times and
they are never answered, Please help. #1.. Is the address change form the only thing
I send in when I move this week, and do I only send it to the INS that is handling my
I129 F?...Also we are on day 93,and I dont know if I should wait to send in change of
address because we are so close and dont want to mess up the mail and process, or get
it in right away....#2 what form is it you fill out to have the approval sent to the
consulate faster. I think you pay 120 dollars to get it sent to London consulate
faster or something like that. #3 I was in England in December. My fiance wants me to
come see him again in March. See a problem with that? Just a 9 day visit. I am US
citizen. He is moving to US. Please help me with this. My questions are not answered
and keep disappearing off the list. Thanks

Old Jan 31st 2002, 3:10 am
Alvena Ferreira

Synchro1212 wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    >
If your I-129f has not yet been approved, you have two choices:
1. try to call the service center and put in a change of address, or
2. be sure that the post office has a forwarding address card for you. In any event,
ALWAYS be SURE you do #2.

.#2 what form
    >
    >
Too late...that only works if you send in the I-824 cabling form at the time you
submit the I-129f form...you cannot send in the cabling form after you have already
sent in the I-129f, it won't work.,

#3 I was in England in December. My fiance wants me to come see him
    >
None whatsoever.

bear in mind, your fiance can ask the London consulate to go ahead and download a
packet #3 from the London consulate website and print/fill in the forms and be ready.
Once you get the approval notice, he will be ready to send in the required forms as
soon as he gets packet #3. you may also be able to get London to open a provisional
file by his calling/faxing them now, they might do this.

Alvena This is not immigration advice. I am not a lawyer, I am an old nurse who is
just relaying things I have read in this newsgroup in the past. See the Doc Steen
site here: http://www.mindspring.com/~docsteen/...o/visainfo.htm

Old Jan 31st 2002, 7:56 am
Skaternl

Send a address change to the service center that's doing your application. Go to the
USPS and tell them you want a mail forward. This lasts 3 months and should cover the
time for the SC to change your address. To verify it you could call them up after a
week or so to ask them if they changed it.

I think this would work. If someone disagrees with me, PLEASE tell this person the
right info then..........

You are a US Citizen, so you are ALWAYS allowed to travel wherever you want. If you
go to Timbuktu, Australia, Japan, China, New Zealand, Canada and back to the US in 2
weeks. NOBODY will care This also counts for the UK They don't care if your
fiance is applying for a
K1. They only wanna know WHO YOU are. And you are just a tourist Leaving again
after 9 days.

I don't know about that consular thing. Search this NG. I'm sure it's said somewhere.
(use http://groups.google.com/ ).

I hope I answered your questions. And please Alvena, maybe you can correct me where I
went wrong

Good luck,

Daniel

[email protected] (Synchro1212)
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Jan 31st 2002, 8:07 am
Newyorker

>
    >

The USPS will also continue to take fowarding requests. I put one in every few months
(not INS related at this time) to cover myself just in case mail trickles thru to my
residence address.

Interesting, I didn't know it was only for 3 months. I believed it was a year or
longer. The 3 months mark is just about when I begin noticing the 'trickle thru', now
that you bring it to mind.

Regards, NewYorker
---------------------------------------
All advice given is personal, not professional. If you need professional immigration
assistance, please consult a lawyer.

http://www.mindspring.com/~docsteen/...o/visainfo.htm

Old Jan 31st 2002, 7:22 pm
Skaternl

It seems you can have a mail forward for up to 12 months yes. Sorry about that. I
thought I had been reading the 3 months thing for a few times. Guess I was mistaken.
If you go to USPS.GOV, they tell you to say WHEN to stop forwarding. If you don't
fill in the blank, it seems they forward it till end of time. This probably won't be
true though. But it seems you can request it every single time for up to 12 months
    >

[email protected] (NewYorker)

>
[usenetquote2]> >Go to the USPS and tell them you want a mail forward. This lasts 3 months and[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >should cover the time for the SC to change your address.[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >