Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Alone again..naturally.. And BORED!!!!

Alone again..naturally.. And BORED!!!!

Old Apr 21st 2008, 1:14 pm
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Alone again..naturally.. And BORED!!!!

I must have spoiled my wife when I was travelling. I always tried to bring jewelry from the country I was in. Jade & white gold from the Far East, amber & silver from Poland, an antique gold cameo from England to recall a few. As well as bringing her duty free perfume and local clothes or toys for the kids. Probably because I felt guilty she was stuck with the kids while I was eating and boozing ( in addition to some business meetings)
She usually had a nice dinner and cold bottle of wine in the fridge.................. nothing like that first shag after being away for 2 weeks. Especially if you have been tortured with looking at Italian or Asian women for a couple of weeks without getting any................. I've had quite a few hand shandies in the shower of many hotels around the world during my trips though, just to releive the stress
Old Apr 21st 2008, 1:28 pm
Riding on silver wings

ugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shazza777
I was hoping for some good advice there! my hubby is going to Iraq for 15 months soon, won't be seeing him till he has his R and R half way through.
Hey Shazza my fellow military family member. There are a lot of things that you can do while he's deployed. The most important one is join a support group for wives-husbands of deployed service members. They will help provide emotional support. They will also help you out with managing the finances while he's gone if he was the one doing it before deployment. They will also lend a hand if errands need to be run and you're are being pulled every which way and can't manage. They will also have social evens scheduled so you'll have something to look forward to. Also, if you ever find your self in a financial bind, they can help you seek temporary assistance. I'd also look into events that the MWR sponsors, as they are a great way to find cheap entertainment. Also look towards the NCO Army Wives Club. As Stepford in their ways that they are they are an invaluable resource. Occupy yourself and your children with making care packages to be sent to your husband. Invest in a webcam since the Army will allow for brief communications. You'll make it through the deployment scared, nervous, resentful, absolutely terrified, and all sorts of other emotions. Just take it one week at a time and pray for the best outcome. You'll find at the end of this deployment that you're stronger than you thought you were to begin with. Good luck Shazza and Oooah!

GO ARMY!!!

EDIT: If you don't already get his Power of Attorney. You should already have it outside of deployments but get it if you don't have it.

Last edited by ugacrew; Apr 21st 2008 at 1:49 pm.
Old Apr 21st 2008, 2:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

sambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lord Lionheart
I must have spoiled my wife when I was travelling. I always tried to bring jewelry from the country I was in. Jade & white gold from the Far East, amber & silver from Poland, an antique gold cameo from England to recall a few. As well as bringing her duty free perfume and local clothes or toys for the kids. Probably because I felt guilty she was stuck with the kids while I was eating and boozing ( in addition to some business meetings)
She usually had a nice dinner and cold bottle of wine in the fridge.................. nothing like that first shag after being away for 2 weeks. Especially if you have been tortured with looking at Italian or Asian women for a couple of weeks without getting any................. I've had quite a few hand shandies in the shower of many hotels around the world during my trips though, just to releive the stress
Please don;t hold back Lionheart.. just tell us like it is!!
Old Apr 21st 2008, 2:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

chicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah somehow that wasn't the information I wanted to hear about what my husband gets up to on his trips, and if you'd seen the two girls he used to travel with...maybe that's what all the Tiffany was about...
Old Apr 21st 2008, 2:18 pm
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sambapink
Please don;t hold back Lionheart.. just tell us like it is!!
Just trying to add balance with the view of the travelling businessman. So next time you ladies book into that nice hotel for a family holiday or romantic weekend............. just remember someone like me has took a huge dump in the toilet and had a wank in the shower
Old Apr 21st 2008, 2:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

sambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lord Lionheart
Just trying to add balance with the view of the travelling businessman. So next time you ladies book into that nice hotel for a family holiday or romantic weekend............. just remember someone like me has took a huge dump in the toilet and had a wank in the shower
Oh Sweet Mother of God !!!
Old Apr 21st 2008, 2:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by chicagojlo
Yeah somehow that wasn't the information I wanted to hear about what my husband gets up to on his trips, and if you'd seen the two girls he used to travel with...maybe that's what all the Tiffany was about...
Me either Chicagojlo.. But I've taken heed from ur previous posts.. I have emailed OH a list of some lovely things I would like... well... Fairs Fair!!
Old Apr 21st 2008, 2:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

chicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond repute

It helps if you make out they are things they can only get there, hopefully they have little chance of knowing if that's true or not! Or even better - that it's waaaaay cheaper to buy there (used to work for my Clinique stuff when were back in euroland but got caught out with Clarins once as that is way cheaper in euros!).
So send him to El Corte Ingles, there's a bunch of em in Barcelona and they're open until 9 or 10pm most nights. Pretty much all of them stock a good selection of your usual department store finds - LV, Gucci, Furla, Tous etc.
Old Apr 21st 2008, 2:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by chicagojlo
It helps if you make out they are things they can only get there, hopefully they have little chance of knowing if that's true or not! Or even better - that it's waaaaay cheaper to buy there (used to work for my Clinique stuff when were back in euroland but got caught out with Clarins once as that is way cheaper in euros!).
So send him to El Corte Ingles, there's a bunch of em in Barcelona and they're open until 9 or 10pm most nights. Pretty much all of them stock a good selection of your usual department store finds - LV, Gucci, Furla, Tous etc.

Your an Angel sent to guide me!! I can't believe how much cheaper Clinque is here!! He is staying at a Hotel by the airport.. so I know he won't get into Barcelona itself.. but i'll get him busy at the dutyfree!
Old Apr 21st 2008, 10:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

shazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to beholdshazza777 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by ugacrew
Hey Shazza my fellow military family member. There are a lot of things that you can do while he's deployed. The most important one is join a support group for wives-husbands of deployed service members. They will help provide emotional support. They will also help you out with managing the finances while he's gone if he was the one doing it before deployment. They will also lend a hand if errands need to be run and you're are being pulled every which way and can't manage. They will also have social evens scheduled so you'll have something to look forward to. Also, if you ever find your self in a financial bind, they can help you seek temporary assistance. I'd also look into events that the MWR sponsors, as they are a great way to find cheap entertainment. Also look towards the NCO Army Wives Club. As Stepford in their ways that they are they are an invaluable resource. Occupy yourself and your children with making care packages to be sent to your husband. Invest in a webcam since the Army will allow for brief communications. You'll make it through the deployment scared, nervous, resentful, absolutely terrified, and all sorts of other emotions. Just take it one week at a time and pray for the best outcome. You'll find at the end of this deployment that you're stronger than you thought you were to begin with. Good luck Shazza and Oooah!

GO ARMY!!!

http://www.flagshag.com/armyseal.gif

EDIT: If you don't already get his Power of Attorney. You should already have it outside of deployments but get it if you don't have it.
There is some good stuff in there, thanks!
He has been deployed before while we have been together, but we weren't married, so things have changed this time, most of the stuff you informed me of, we already have in place, but a few things i din't know.
I have been introduced to the family support team, but they do seem very "clicky" the last thing i want is to be amongst bitchy fish wives, i have talked it through with my hubby and he says that this group seems to be ok, but i have decided to see what they are all about when he goes and take it from there.
I just can't see myself doing "bake sales" but i suppose i will give anything a go.
I am hoping, not so long after he goes, i will be able to get a job, if all goes well with immigration and i won't have time to get bored with 3 kids to look after too and trying to get my eldest here from the UK.

And of course there is always you wonderful people on here

Thanks for the help, i appreciate it!
Old Apr 21st 2008, 11:36 pm
Riding on silver wings

ugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shazza777
There is some good stuff in there, thanks!
He has been deployed before while we have been together, but we weren't married, so things have changed this time, most of the stuff you informed me of, we already have in place, but a few things i din't know.
I have been introduced to the family support team, but they do seem very "clicky" the last thing i want is to be amongst bitchy fish wives, i have talked it through with my hubby and he says that this group seems to be ok, but i have decided to see what they are all about when he goes and take it from there.
I just can't see myself doing "bake sales" but i suppose i will give anything a go.
I am hoping, not so long after he goes, i will be able to get a job, if all goes well with immigration and i won't have time to get bored with 3 kids to look after too and trying to get my eldest here from the UK.

And of course there is always you wonderful people on here

Thanks for the help, i appreciate it!
Yeah, that's why I called them Stepford. There's definitely a certain snob factor where some of the wives wear their husbands rank on their sleeves. I also know about the bake sale thing. My mom participated in a bazaar selling baked goods when we were living overseas. I forgot to mention last night that you may want to talk to Cindyabs as well. She's a former military spouse and should be able to guide you further. Good luck on the job hunt. That's an excellent idea. It will keep you busy and make the time fly.
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 3:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Your an Angel sent to guide me!! I can't believe how much cheaper Clinque is here!! He is staying at a Hotel by the airport.. so I know he won't get into Barcelona itself.. but i'll get him busy at the dutyfree!
The airport is 10km from the city by commuter train...
But still - yes Clarins is way cheaper in Europe and Clinique is way cheaper here. So get your Beauty Flash balm in!
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 2:40 pm
In Orange County, CA.

cybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond repute

OH has just left for 8 day trip to Barcelona... so empty days and nights ahead... They say only boring people get bored.. well I must have turned into one of the MOST boring person imaginably... I even bore myself

5.20pm and I have a glass of wine in my hand already.. thinking ahead to the week.. heres some of the delights ahead for me..

1) Go and get SSN sorted.. deep joy..

2) Call dentist for kids.. let them mug me for more money

3) Take daughters car to get brakes sorted.. let them mug me for money

4) Get middle daughter into athletics club.. money has to be involved there somewhere!

5) Attend Son's soccer club AGM.. $1500 for the season.. MUGGED!

6) Go to volunteer coffee morning at the school... REALLY? DO I HAVE TO DO THAT?... no ofcourse not.. don't be daft!!!

7) Sign up for Business Course at college.. (so I can earn lots of money!)

Now i'm bored and p!ssed off after reading that... what an exciting life i do lead...

Any ideas how I can entertain myself... boys need not reply!!!!
You changed your hair??
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 2:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by cybersecretary
You changed your hair??
Well spotted Actually its my old 'do' got hairdressers tomoro.. might change back
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 2:46 pm
In Orange County, CA.

cybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond repute

Well spotted Actually its my old 'do' got hairdressers tomoro.. might change back
looks good! when did you change it?